major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

Use menu Profiles -> Edit -> duplicate to get a new Profile with exact same configuration from another profile.

In your case, do not use Joint with modset option (leave it blank). Simply select the mods from Addon groups. Switching profile from one to another will keep the selection.

Currently I use A3S just like you described.

Hi Shepard

I would like to make a request for your upcoming update to ArmA Sync. Would it be possible to make Events using multiple Repositories?

For example my group has 3 repos (Tac Realism, Iron Front and Unsung Vietnam). Now we use the Tac Realism repo 99% of the time and events etc have no problem. Now when we play Iron Front we use a number of mods from our Tac Realism Repo like ACE and ACRE etc.

So because we use mods from two separate repos I can't select mods needed from the other repo (if I make the event using the Iron Front Repo I can't add mods from the Tac Realism repo and vice versa).

Is there a way I can make an event so players can just selection Join Server and start game and ArmA Sync will select mods from two different repos and join the server and connect players.

As a work around I've tried making a custom playlist under Addon Groups and setting up the server details in the Online tab but when I add the server to the Autoconfig when building the Iron Front repo (as an example) it will send the server details but the players won't get the playlist.

@rekkless why not using one single Repo and 3 tree events: Tac Realism, Iron Front and Unsung Vietnam ?

Definitely the easiest way to manage the stuff.

ArmA3Sync 1.6 now available

Download:

- Windows installer: here

- zip archive: here

Changelog:

- Added: Automatic files synchronization on repository update. See
- Added: Automatic periodical repository check for updates (menu->help->preferences). See
- Added: Notification on repository updates into icon tray.See
- Added: Automatic attempt to reconnect to repository on connection lost. See

- Added: -hugepages as an option into Launch options panel. See
- Fixed: Excessive cpu loading when setting up download speed limit.
- Improved: Check for addons speed for repository hosted on HTTP server.
- Removed: TFAR installer and ACRE2 installer.

• Like 4

A clean install required with the Windows installer ?

La grande classe, many thanks for your work.

On 27-3-2017 at 5:11 PM, major_shepard said:

The option add zipped pbo files into the repository, meaning is does not delete the original pbo files. The zipped pbo files are deleted client side one the download finished.

So when I already have a excisting  unzipped verion on the repository I can zip it now and it gets changed and does get unzipped at the receiving side.

Does this mean I have to clean my repo and than upload the zipped version or does this get changedd automatacally ?

With regards,

KillerBee

Ps What zip program is used ?

4 hours ago, Laid3acK said:

A clean install required with the Windows installer ?

La grande classe, many thanks for your work.

nope :f:

3 hours ago, [lol]clan killer bee said:

So when I already have a excisting  unzipped verion on the repository I can zip it now and it gets changed and does get unzipped at the receiving side.

Does this mean I have to clean my repo and than upload the zipped version or does this get changedd automatacally ?

With regards,

KillerBee

Ps What zip program is used ?

You rebuild the repo using zip option on, and then upload it using upload command.

There is no outside program used to perform the zip compression.

If found maybe a Bug,

I have multiple Mod-Directories, but on the Mod Groups, it won't save the path if I have duplicated Mods. Every time I read the Modset from "Modsets" id adds Mods from Directory B to the A Modset instead of using the Version provided with Modset A. If I change it manually I see that it uses the right directory on "Launcher Options" but when I start the game, it changes back to the wrong Path for some Mods and uses Mods from Directory B instead.

I hope i have it explained enough.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:21 AM, major_shepard said:

@rekkless why not using one single Repo and 3 tree events: Tac Realism, Iron Front and Unsung Vietnam ?

Definitely the easiest way to manage the stuff.

Its because Iron Front and Unsung are optional mods, Iron Front being 9 gig and Unsung I think being about 5 ontop of our normal 30gig modset we like to say to players - If you want to play Iron Front you have the option it isn't mandatory.

We also have a 4th Repo we call the a Optional Random mods repo that has mods like Dynasound, JSRS, Battle Royale, Exile and a few other random mods I like to make available for my members. As our group solely uses ArmA sync almost no one in our group uses the workshop I kind of have a mini workshop available.

Anyway I'm getting off point, We have 3 main seperate repos so new users and old have the option to download these different game mode. If they are only interested in modern day games and session they only need to download the Tac Realism repo if they want to play Iron Front but not Unsung they only need Tac Realism and Unsung.

So then we come full circle with me requesting being able to make events off multiple repos. If it is not possible then no problem, but it would make things easier.

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

Its because Iron Front and Unsung are optional mods, Iron Front being 9 gig and Unsung I think being about 5 ontop of our normal 30gig modset we like to say to players - If you want to play Iron Front you have the option it isn't mandatory.

We also have a 4th Repo we call the a Optional Random mods repo that has mods like Dynasound, JSRS, Battle Royale, Exile and a few other random mods I like to make available for my members. As our group solely uses ArmA sync almost no one in our group uses the workshop I kind of have a mini workshop available.

Anyway I'm getting off point, We have 3 main seperate repos so new users and old have the option to download these different game mode. If they are only interested in modern day games and session they only need to download the Tac Realism repo if they want to play Iron Front but not Unsung they only need Tac Realism and Unsung.

So then we come full circle with me requesting being able to make events off multiple repos. If it is not possible then no problem, but it would make things easier.

The only addons I see in common are ACE, ACRE and CBA. Simply add them into each repo. Tell your guys to sync each repo they want to the same user directory => no addon duplication.

12 hours ago, sancron said:

If found maybe a Bug,

I have multiple Mod-Directories, but on the Mod Groups, it won't save the path if I have duplicated Mods. Every time I read the Modset from "Modsets" id adds Mods from Directory B to the A Modset instead of using the Version provided with Modset A. If I change it manually I see that it uses the right directory on "Launcher Options" but when I start the game, it changes back to the wrong Path for some Mods and uses Mods from Directory B instead.

I hope i have it explained enough.

Are you using ArmA3Sync 1.6.90? If yes you should see the relative path like (from /dir/@mod) for each duplicated addon into the addon groups section. When you add a group from modset button, arma3sync will look into the destination folder of the corresponding repository (connect to repository -> default destination path).

4 hours ago, major_shepard said:

Are you using ArmA3Sync 1.6.90? If yes you should see the relative path like (from /dir/@mod) for each duplicated addon into the addon groups section. When you add a group from modset button, arma3sync will look into the destination folder of the corresponding repository (connect to repository -> default destination path).

Shure this happens with the latest Version. After the Update this Problem was caused the first time. I will explain it a little bit more

I have /mods/myclanmods/@* and /mods/myclanmods_1944/@* as Mod-Directorys also the Repos are on different locations, but they have some idnetical Mods like @ace and @acre2

I was check the Repos, Update and completly delet all Addon-Groups and was add a whole new Addon-Group by add it from the Repo-Preset using Mods from /mods/myclanmods/@* but Arma3Sync was take a few Mods that are duplicated from /mods/myclanmods_1944/@* but they have different Versions. Then i was try to delete this Mods and add the right one from the first Folder, all looks fine, but when i start the game, it changes back befor Arma 3 Starts and uses again the Mods from folder 2 instead of using it from folder 1.

This Problem is reported by several People in our Community.

28 minutes ago, sancron said:

I was check the Repos, Update and completly delet all Addon-Groups and was add a whole new Addon-Group by add it from the Repo-Preset using Mods from /mods/myclanmods/@* but Arma3Sync was take a few Mods that are duplicated from /mods/myclanmods_1944/@* but they have different Versions.

Could you provide screenshots of this?

Here what I have:

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/screen1.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/screen2.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/screen3.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/screen4.png

Doesn't help, I need to see what you setup as Default destination directory into the repository tabs (see my sceens 3 and 4).

6 minutes ago, major_shepard said:

Doesn't help, I need to see what you setup as Default destination directory into the repository tabs (see my sceens 3 and 4).

it has a similar Setup as you, every Repo point at it's own Directory:

Could you change the destination directories name so that both names does not conclude each other  like c:\..\A , c:\..\B

Yes if the directory don't match it should work. But this must be a Bug right?

Now i have:

vPzBtl33 and 1944

It won't use Mods from the Wrong path as before But why i takes Mods from the wrong Path when Folders are have same beginning Name?

33 minutes ago, sancron said:

Yes if the directory don't match it should work. But this must be a Bug right?

Now i have:

vPzBtl33 and 1944

It won't use Mods from the Wrong path as before But why i takes Mods from the wrong Path when Folders are have same beginning Name?

Could you try replacing ArmA3Sync.jar file by this one ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/ArmA3Sync.jar

Should fix the issue.

Nope this Jar won't work, after i was try to add a directory it was Freeze Arma3Sync, after 15 Minutes i was force to close the Program and went back to the old jar.

During checking of repo I see such error:

Generated by ArmA3Sync 1.6.90
2017-04-03 19:26:02

Check for Addons finished with errors for repository name: remote repo
An unexpected error has occured.
StackTrace:
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
	at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
	at fr.soe.a3s.service.connection.AbstractConnexionService.updateFavoriteServersFromAutoconfig(AbstractConnexionService.java:33)
	at fr.soe.a3s.service.connection.HttpService.checkRepository(HttpService.java:193)
	at fr.soe.a3s.service.synchronization.FilesCheckProcessor.run(FilesCheckProcessor.java:42)
	at fr.soe.a3s.ui.repository.workers.AddonsChecker.run(AddonsChecker.java:94)

Then after closing app I return to Default profile.

I see often error that something can't be written to file and then I have to close A3S but after opening I am also in Default profile and have no Online serwers.

Any ideas?