major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

I have a slight problem with Arma3Sync.

When trying to access a custom repo, i get the following error message:

http://puu.sh/j6gYV/065f502ce1.png

There's an ".a3s" too much in there. Don't know where it's coming from.

Could someone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

Im currently having an issue with A3sync and making a autoconfig. If I enter the information manually itll work fine, but when trying to use the autoconfig it doesnt appear to be saving the username an password. Anyone know a fix for this?

Im getting the "url is not reachable" error.

*Fixed* Apparently ArmA3sync needs an anony user to locate the autoconfig.

Edited by N_Icomach

Shepard, help please. I get error "ioexception caught while copying" everytime whenever I try to connect to repository. I read this forum topic, but i didn`t found anything useful.

Arma3Sync.bat console content

ArmA3Sync Installed version = 1.4.63

DevMode = false

JRE installed version = 1.8.0_05

Connection updates repository Success

ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.4.63

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Now I tried to install Java 7

DevMode = false

JRE installed version = 1.7.0_79

Connection updates repository Success

ArmA3Sync Available update version = 1.4.63

org.apache.commons.net.io.CopyStreamException: IOException caught while copying.

at org.apache.commons.net.io.Util.copyStream(Util.java:134)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:187

4)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.retrieveFile(FTPClient.java:1846

)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadFile(FtpDAO.java:111)

at fr.soe.a3s.dao.FtpDAO.downloadSync(FtpDAO.java:126)

at fr.soe.a3s.service.FtpService.checkRepository(FtpService.java:90)

at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel$25.run(MainPanel.java:985)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)

at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.commons.net.io.Util.copyStream(Util.java:100)

... 7 more

I would say that your are missing write permissions on folder <ArmA3SyncDirectory>\resources\temp

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

[/color]

I have a slight problem with Arma3Sync.

When trying to access a custom repo, i get the following error message:

http://puu.sh/j6gYV/065f502ce1.png

There's an ".a3s" too much in there. Don't know where it's coming from.

Could someone point me to what I'm doing wrong?

Would say repository url wrongly sets from Repository edit panel => host or url = http://85.25.185.167/Repo

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Im currently having an issue with A3sync and making a autoconfig. If I enter the information manually itll work fine, but when trying to use the autoconfig it doesnt appear to be saving the username an password. Anyone know a fix for this?

Im getting the "url is not reachable" error.

*Fixed* Apparently ArmA3sync needs an anony user to locate the autoconfig.

Public autoconfig url means anonymous access ^^

Edited by Major_Shepard

Major_Shepard, I just wanted to chime in and say 'Thank You' for this amazing resource for Arma 3. The amount of time and effort saved with this launcher is more time that people can actually enjoy the game together. The repositories system just makes administering clan mod lists easy. Awesome stuff.

Major_Shepard, I just wanted to chime in and say 'Thank You' for this amazing resource for Arma 3. The amount of time and effort saved with this launcher is more time that people can actually enjoy the game together. The repositories system just makes administering clan mod lists easy. Awesome stuff.

Thanks ^^

Would say repository url wrongly sets from Repository edit panel => host or url = http://85.25.185.167/Repo

I was able to fix the problem.

I tried adding a new repository (using the steps that always led to a working repository) on two different servers. Both servers had an old version of Arma3Sync installed and I let them both update to newest version using the built-in updater. After updating I've created a new repository. I was able to import the repo using the autoconfig url but got the error message once I tried to check/sync the mods.

The only solution for me was to uninstall Arma3Sync completely and reinstall it. Now it works on both servers.

Maybe the update corrupted some files (e.g config files). I don't know. Maybe that's something you should look into.

Otherwise, loving the tool. Merci beaucoup ;)

Little node: i updated ace3 over repo and got several times 10 - 14 mb/s, it took about 30sec. but it show only 2mb of updates :P

The TFAR installer is not working for me. It damaged all .dll files in the TS plugin folder. All plugins, even the ones not from TFAR have 0 KB in size.

The TFAR installer is not working for me. It damaged all .dll files in the TS plugin folder. All plugins, even the ones not from TFAR have 0 KB in size.

Could you try running ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe and try the TFAR installer?

Is the TS3 closed before proceeding?

Thank you developer for this wonderful Arma 3 Addons Manager as it works perfectly. I was just wondering when i try to connect through my Autoconfig url it doesnt work at all. 

Also can someone please help me establishing http method instead of using FTP 

Thank you developer for this wonderful Arma 3 Addons Manager as it works perfectly. I was just wondering when i try to connect through my Autoconfig url it doesnt work at all. 

Also can someone please help me establishing http method instead of using FTP 

If your server is password protected you can't use autoconfig url.

Go for Apache HTTP server, there are many tutorials out there. Once you are able to browse and download files from this server using a web browser, build the repo with ArmA3Sync. Here you are.

I have this problem with My repositories, when i try to put in Altis life. It says the URL is not reachable. I did all the installation steps correctly, and my java is updated and everything. I don't know what to do.

Please HELP !

Simple, put the autoconfig url on a web browser. If you get a 404 error/else, the problem is server side. If it ask for password you can't use PUBLIC autoconfig url with your repository. Simply provide the credential manually.

I am a user attempting to run this program for the first time.  I am on Windows 10, running the most recent Java release, 8.60.

I am unable to get the program to load an any capacity.  I have attempted different compatibility settings to no avail.  

I receive the following error when running the .bat as Admin.

DevMode = false
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_60
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:129)
        at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.start(ArmA3Sync.java:182)
        at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.main(ArmA3Sync.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.UIConstants.<clinit>(UIConstants.java:88)
        ... 3 more
Press any key to continue . . . 

I am a user attempting to run this program for the first time.  I am on Windows 10, running the most recent Java release, 8.60.

I am unable to get the program to load an any capacity.  I have attempted different compatibility settings to no avail.  

I receive the following error when running the .bat as Admin.

DevMode = false
JRE installed version = 1.8.0_60
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.mainEditor.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:129)
        at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.start(ArmA3Sync.java:182)
        at fr.soe.a3s.main.ArmA3Sync.main(ArmA3Sync.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImageFromHash(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.SunToolkit.getImage(Unknown Source)
        at fr.soe.a3s.ui.UIConstants.<clinit>(UIConstants.java:88)
        ... 3 more
Press any key to continue . . . 

Please install Java 1.7 => http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

This error is thrown by Java 1.8 (60?)

Will be fixed into next update of ArmA3Sync.

• Like 1

ArmA3Sync 1.5 now available

Download
Check for updates or use the Windows installer: ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/releases/arma3sync-installer-1-5-65.exe

Changelog

- Added: Compressing of pbo files into zip format for transfering new files: Repository manager can now choose to compress bpo files from Build options.

Uncompressing of pbo files on downloading have been implemented in such a way to not interfere with the download process. Typically, only the time required to uncompress the last downloaded pbo file will impact on the synchronization.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_build_options_compress_pbo_files.png

- Added: Support for HTTPS transfer protocol for hosting addons repository.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_https.png

- Added: ArmA3Sync now check for the HTTP server to support range requests. In case the server doesn't, ArmAS3ync will automatically disengage partial file transfer functionnally (ZSYNC) to allow the synchronisation to work at basic level.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_check_partial_file_transfer.png
- Added: Repository manager can now disable partial file transfer (ZSYNC) from  Build options panel.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_build_options_partial_file_transfer.png
- Added: User can now set the maximum of active connections and download speed from Advanced options panel.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_advanced_configuration.png
- Added: Check repository: the command can now be performed remotely. However it will still progress faster when performed on the host machine.
- Added: Upload repository: repository manager can now choose to upload pbo files in compressed format.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/aram3sync_upload_only_compressed_pbo_files.png
- Added: A new download report function provides advanced informations on files synchronization.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_report.png

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_download_report_erreurs.png
- Added: Addon search directories can now be ordered by priority.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_search_directories_priorities.png
- Fixed: Missing User-Agent on HTTP requests for files on /.a3s/*.*
- Fixed: ArmA3Sync GUI doesn't start with JRE 1.8.0_60 published on 18 August 2015.
- Removed: ACRE installer wizard.

• Like 1

Thanks for implementing addon search priority system, been quietly waiting for this release :)

We have an issue with this update, events don't save addons list and all addons must be downloaded even if unchecked. I tried to rebuild events and save them, client and server A3Sync are up to date.

Does anyone else have this issue ?

Running IIS 7.5 and when enabling partial file transfer, all clients get an error that partial file transfer is not support by the server. Below is a snip of the client log.

The server appears to not support partial file transfer.

Server response header for range request is:
Accept-Ranges = bytes
HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable
Server = Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Content-Range = bytes */0

Any ideas?

Running IIS 7.5 and when enabling partial file transfer, all clients get an error that partial file transfer is not support by the server. Below is a snip of the client log.

The server appears to not support partial file transfer.

Server response header for range request is:
Accept-Ranges = bytes
HTTP/1.1 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable
Server = Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Content-Range = bytes */0

Any ideas?

I guess there is someting wrong regarding  Content-Range = bytes */0 , check your server conf.

We have an issue with this update, events don't save addons list and all addons must be downloaded even if unchecked. I tried to rebuild events and save them, client and server A3Sync are up to date.

Does anyone else have this issue ?

Confirmed issue, fix is incoming.

To launch A3 with battleye running, we have to choose the battleye exe and then type '0 1' in additional parameters. Is there a way you could build this into the GUI as a check box or something?

To launch A3 with battleye running, we have to choose the battleye exe and then type '0 1' in additional parameters. Is there a way you could build this into the GUI as a check box or something?

ArmA3Sync is not limited to start ArmA 3 as a game on Windows, one can run a server with it on both Windows and Linux even by providing a script file as entry point. That's why there is some manual settings to do compared to BIS Launcher. 

ArmA3Sync is not limited to start ArmA 3 as a game on Windows, one can run a server with it on both Windows and Linux even by providing a script file as entry point. That's why there is some manual settings to do compared to BIS Launcher. 

I understand that. There are other entries that could be typed manually but you have check box options for them. I think most of us using A3S to launch our games would benefit from my idea, which is why I asked. If it was something only a minority would use then I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it.

I know my entire unit does this. We have it in our YouTube guide and on a forum thread. Would be nice to say "Check the ____ box".