major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

We are not going to change the domain for our website just because the update is not backward compatible. http://olikow.pl is a website, and the password prompt is only for admin logon. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work with normal site either.

The all point of server side modset (Repository modset, Event modset) is to make it easier for the user to launch their game without missing to select and addon. Which would ends with in game script error or unability to join the server.

So the ability to associate a modset to a favorite server is to be used if you want to run the all modset content with this server.

If you want to add more addon to launch with the game, just create a new group and add those addons. Of course the game server must not have signature enabled otherwise you would be ejected.

Sorry, I must have not made myself clear. My question was why (in the online section) I am only presented with a selection of server-side modsets and not with modesets that I created using the "add group" functionality. For example I might have added the server-side modeset "Standard" and a group "My Mods". The modeset drop-down in the online section will allow me to select "Standard" but not "My Mods".

The online section is to launch server side configured modset, that's all. For any other purpose use custom group selection.

Okay, got it. Would you consider changing that? Here is why:

I have added my favorite TacBF server to the Online list in order to connect straight to it. I don't have an A3S repository that I am syncing with that has that mod, but I have manually added the mod to my mod folder and would like to use A3S to start A3 with that mod. At the moment I can do that by manually selecting the group I have created and deselect any modset / group that I had selected previously. I then select the TacBF server and launch.

It would be really nice if I could have the addon group associated with that TacBF server, so that all I have to do is select the server and launch.

I can get sync to startup but my mods are not listed in tree but if I hit the start arma 3 in sync panel it loads all my addons, I can see them in my editor anyone have any suggestions I have uninstalled sync and tried reloading, I have uninstalled java reinstalled, the only thing I can think of that might be the problem but don't know why it would affect it, but I deleted all my mods sent them to recycle bin then restored them, so don't know if that is affecting this or not. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Have you set the path to arma3.exe from Launcher Options panel ? If all your mods are listed into the ArmA3 installation directory, they should then appear into the Available addon tree. =>

yes have that done watched video when first installed it, I have it pointed to the arma exe file like I said I can start arma 3 from the sync program it loads and all the addons seem to be there but the addons are not listed in the tree when sync starts.

Yes the addon folder is there, I even downloaded a new mod that was not one that I deleted and restored and still not working. I'm pointed to the exe file and the addon options tab is pointed to my addon folder where my addons are located.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

just to follow up major shepard I tried another addon program it is not showing my addons either don't know if that info helps to troubleshoot or not

the file names are right im not sure what else could be causing this issue

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

when I look at properties of addon files they say they open with windows shell commor is this correct

Build options is coming into next update, which includes:

- attach favorite server infos to autoconfig.

- exclude file from build, usefull for the guys who like to add empty index.html and such into a the a Web repo.

- set folders to exclude extra local content when synchronising, specially usefull for the userconfig folder.

ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/arma3sync_build_options.png

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

the file names are right im not sure what else could be causing this issue

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

when I look at properties of addon files they say they open with windows shell commor is this correct

The is no connection with the program set by default to open the file.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Is it possible to launch the game from ArmA3Sync in a way that Steam counts the hours you play?

Is it possible to launch the game from ArmA3Sync in a way that Steam counts the hours you play?
It doesn't? I use Sync all of the time, and I've never noticed an issue. It still have to connect to Steam (or try) in order for you to get to Arma 3. It should work just fine. I suppose I could be wrong. What are you seeing?

Hello,

I am making a repo and when i go to check for addons i get the error... File/.a3s/sync not found on repository. Try to rebuild the repository.

I am at a loss cause i can look and see the file in the .a3s folder. What am I doing wrong?

Are you able to browse the repository from a Web browser?

Hmm no i am not

So you have to investigate server side. If it is a Web server, be sure to enable indexes browsing on the server.

sent a pm with a link to the web site to show the files in a browser, still having troubles tho

the sync file is corrupted. Also autoconfig infos does not match your Web repository. Did you upload the repository or did you build it on the host machine?

Edited by Major_Shepard

i uploaded it, the repo is hosted on a dedicated machine so i dont think i can build it on the host machine