major_shepard

ArmA3Sync - launcher and addons synchronization software for ArmA 3

ArmA3Sync v1.3 already put -malloc parameter at first place of the run parameters list.

For some reasson the malloc parameter does not work for me. ArmA starts with the default Allocator even when i added "-malloc=tbbmalloc" to the Additional Parameters. It does say in the window title (arma3.exe) "-malloc=tbbmalloc" but it won't load the allocator. If i add "-malloc=tbbmalloc" in the steam launch parameters and start the game over steam it works perfectly.

Run ArmA3Sync-DEBUG.exe, checkout arma3.exe path.

I feel so stupid right now. I bought a new SSD and installed Arma 3 on there, but it didn't even come up into my mind that Arma 3 sync still had the path selected on the old drive, the path that didn't excist anymore. Derp :P, thanks for the help. Maybe it would be an idea to implement an error message for idiots like me in case that happens again.

Trying to get a server repo working and need some help...

Running Win 2008 RC2. Newest version of Sync and Java 7.

I have the file set up with FileZilla, all the proper ports open, running everything as admin, and I followed the instructions from the SoE wiki.

I can connect to the repo and successfuly check for the addons after which I get the list of all of them.

The problem occurs when I start to download them, and the very first .pbo tries to download...

I get this error that pops up and the download fails:

"File not found on repository: a3mp_buildings2_data.pbo"

In the FileZilla Server log:

CWD failed. "/repo/.a3s/.a3s": directory not found.

- Why is it trying to find .a3s IN .a3s? That isn't even there...

LIST a3mp_buildings2_data.pbo

550 Directory not found.

It occurred to me it might be a permissions issue, but everything is set up according to the guide.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

Could you send me the login info to your FTP by PM ?

How did you built the repository?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I built it exactly as the guide says to on the SOE wiki.

PM sent

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Thank you again Major_Shepard, all fixed now. I had the file structure all screwed up!

Fantastic application! We were wondering if there is a way to change how much bandwidth users can use when they connect to the repository.

It takes a while to download for new recruits and it seems to be set at 1Mbit/sec. Any way to have that user-configurable? Thanks!

ArmA3Sync does not limit download which depends on the client bandwidth, the server bandwith and the route taken between them.

As an example here is what I get with my connection (~250 Mbit/s) and my server (~1Gbit/s) ftp://www.sonsofexiled.fr/ArmA3/ArmA3Sync/development/screens/test_fibre.png

Edited by Major_Shepard

why the max speed of the program is 1.2mb/s? if i can dowload at 17mb/s(STEAM) or more and the server have 150mb/s upload

I expect a bunch of you mix up MB/s (= MByte/s) and Mb/s (= Mbit/s). 1 MByte/s = 8 Mbit/s.

When you get 1.2 MB/s displayed on ArmA3Sync it means your are dowloading at 9.6 Mbit/s.

Edited by Major_Shepard

why the max speed of the program is 1.2mb/s? if i can dowload at 17mb/s(STEAM) or more and the server have 150mb/s upload

Like Shepard said don't confuse byte with bit. Also the download speed has very little to do with the ArmA3Sync. The limiting factor would be the FTP / Web server + any computational time that is required for the ZSYNC mechanism if its a webserver. So far I have always been able to max out the server's capacity when downloading as a client.

I tried updating our repo using a Mac and changed it so that files or directories with a dot are visible so that the .a3s could be transferred.

Seems like A3S transferred duplicates of every single file and folder for the repo, with the same names just "._" added in front of it, they were all 4096bytes. I assume it's something Mac OS uses for file or directory settings. I can only assume the repo was built with these files as well. Is this a known issue, or are there solutions?

Edit:

If hidden files are not visible, I get 'Failded to read file /.a3s/sync. invalid distance too far back'

Seems like those files are created because it's a NTFS formatted drive... But still.

This "hidden" .a3s dir have always been a root cause for issues :). Have you ever thought of another solution?

Edited by cuel

I expect you have built the repository on your MacShit and you are trying to upload the files to a remote FTP server right?

How do you transfer the files? Do you use A3S upload functionnality?

Edited by Major_Shepard

When you build the repository is the file structure of the repository correct? (i.e no modification of the files name)

As far as I can see yes, with hidden files enabled, I cannot see all the files that are transferred (starting with "._") but A3S will transfer them and then they become visible on the FTP

The first thing to solve is the renaming of the files when building the repository which is not normal behaviour. ArmA3Sync is not responsible for that. As far as the file tructure is not correct after the build finished, upload/sync will failed.

Edited by Major_Shepard

They're not renamed, it's just something created by Mac OS (Office-package also seems to do this) for various reason

I managed to get it almost working by transferring the files to the internal drive and not show any hidden files while building and uploading the repo, and then manually transfer the .a3s folder. The problem then was the DS_store files, while not many, shouldn't be on the repo. Imo A3S can safely ignore such files if need be.

Anyway, I've switched over to a linux laptop and will fix it from here. Well just wanted to report it in case you wanted to solve it ;)

hi

very good and useful launcher you made

but don't know if asked already

but could you please add

-checkSignatures and -enableHT

to the launcher options?

these are very useful start parameters for server admins

thank you in advance

They're not renamed, it's just something created by Mac OS (Office-package also seems to do this) for various reason

I managed to get it almost working by transferring the files to the internal drive and not show any hidden files while building and uploading the repo, and then manually transfer the .a3s folder. The problem then was the DS_store files, while not many, shouldn't be on the repo. Imo A3S can safely ignore such files if need be.

Anyway, I've switched over to a linux laptop and will fix it from here. Well just wanted to report it in case you wanted to solve it ;)

Woo what a fucking pile of crap @MacShit :icon14:

Not simple to workaround that shit mate.

Will check on my Linux Ubuntu about the upload of the hidden .a3s file what happens. This could be more easily workarounded and fixed.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

hi

very good and useful launcher you made

but don't know if asked already

but could you please add

-checkSignatures and -enableHT

to the launcher options?

these are very useful start parameters for server admins

thank you in advance

-enableHT will be added with the next update of ArmA3Sync.

Now on the server, we tipically edit the config file and set the checkSignatures=0/1, it's not what you do ?

Edited by Major_Shepard

Any Idea why I am getting this error?

gyazo.com/ba3311d3a784e81699ba6aed09e9f800

(new member so I cant post links, sorry)

I have tried to rebuild the repository, but it did not help.

Edit: This is a new error, I think I fixed the old one somehow.

gyazo.com/391cbb305d3a58cbf4a6f44cb22d653b

Edited by MysticalPony

Could you give me your server info by PM?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

The sync is corrupted.

How do you upload the repository ? Do you use the upload feature of ArmA3Sync?

I used the upload feature of arma3sync, I also tried using raw ftp. I just reinstalled java, rebuilt the repository and am uploading again now.

-----------edit------------------

If you were to log into the ftp now you would see its creating a very strange file organization method. Is it meant to do that?

Nope.

I gonna try to upload on your FTP with a repo name TEST. Do not delete it, thanks.