Sign in to follow this  
Jester983

Desert nogov?

I was just wondering if someone had heard some news or was making Nogov into a desert terrain like everywhere. Im talking about having Desert terrain at Lipany (largest city with Victor's office)

So any Help would be appreciated.

i haven't heard anything about it, but isn't a desert city pretty much same as LA? tounge.gif

I think it's matter of time someone actually makes it i guess.

i think a winter Nogova would be much better than a desert one.

Both would propably make bis(and codemasters?) angry, because you would have to include Nogova wrp file and models in the addon, and nothing would stop people from using those with old non-resistance ofp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 12 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Both would propably make bis(and codemasters?) angry, because you would have to include Nogova wrp file and models in the addon, and nothing would stop people from using those with old non-resistance ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

ouch..forgot about that.... sad.gif

thanx for pointing it out Keg. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Aug. 12 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Both would propably make bis(and codemasters?) angry, because you would have to include Nogova wrp file and models in the addon, and nothing would stop people from using those with old non-resistance ofp.<span id='postcolor'>

BIS maybe. Codemasters i really doubt.

I hope someone makes it if you can. Cause Lipany is the best town for a BHD mission. Yea i know you can use desert malden but the towns just arent big enough and if you try to make it like the movie itll lag to hell. hmm i guess time will only tell. confused.gif

Or you could download Delta Force: Black Hawk Down demo....... bhahahaha just kidding. Why would you have to include the models in the addon thats not making sense to me?

well, when ppl want winter/desert nogova, they pretty much expect something close to nogova we have. so towns are located near and tall buildings are present.

so you have to have those models there.

but then if that happens, you are getting something similar to nogova, which is part of expansion pack's price and revenue which goes to BIS, without paying for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Aug. 12 2002,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure original ofp can handle nogova (size and textures, animations etc)<span id='postcolor'>

Yea you are right. OFp dont supprot higher than 256x256 textures

OFP:R does ..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea you are right. OFp dont supprot higher than 256x256 textures<span id='postcolor'>

Wrong, atleast for land textures, I've tried and they can go up to 4096x4096 wow.gif.

Read Quakergamers post again N.o.R.S.u

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea you are right. OFp dont supprot higher than 256x256 textures

OFP:R does ..<span id='postcolor'>

OFP 1.46 only supports up to 256x256

but 1.75 supports up to 4096x4096

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ Aug. 12 2002,14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Aug. 12 2002,12wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure original ofp can handle nogova (size and textures, animations etc)<span id='postcolor'>

Yea you are right. OFp dont supprot higher than 256x256 textures<span id='postcolor'>

All ofp version have supported textures to unlimited sizes as far as I know. The preferences program of the old ofp just doesnt allow you to set it any higher than 256x256 as that is the highest size in that version, but you can get past that if you are smart tounge.gif

And the islands would work fine even with 256x256 texture limit set, the textures would just get resized to that size.

Personally i think anyone who would go to the trouble of downloading a 30mb+ island and get it to work like the original nogova likes ofp enough to definatly already have ofp:r. also have you talked to bis about it Kegetys? I cant see them being that annoyed and winter nogova looks soooo class and finally any thoughts on winter Noegujev Kegetys?

Well, you could figure out how to encrypt the config.cpp so people can't edit it, if anyone wants to take up making the island, I can IM you some encrypting and security ideas.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Aug. 13 2002,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, you could figure out how to encrypt the config.cpp so people can't edit it, if anyone wants to take up making the island, I can IM you some encrypting and security ideas.<span id='postcolor'>

encryping the config would do much good because:

a) the whole addon wouldnt then work, as ofp couldnt read that crypted config

b) its not the config that matters, but you would need to include the wrp files, models, textures etc. from ofp resistance to those addons, which would make them freely downloadable from the net.

Free OFP:R textures are not going to sabotage sales of Resistance. What about handguns, doppable weapons, better AI, netcode, etc? I doubt anyone would choose not to buy Resistance because they could get a *modded* Nogova for free because they'd miss so many great new features.

I love you BIS!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gore @ Aug. 12 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally i think anyone who would go to the trouble of downloading a 30mb+ island and get it to work like the original nogova likes ofp enough to definatly already have ofp:r. also have you talked to bis about it Kegetys?<span id='postcolor'>

The only problem with that is because of some fuked up idiots at Codemasters and in NZ Rating board we still don't have it here!!!!!

well, as i see OFPR is charging for following items.

1.new island

2.new netcode

3.more weapons

4.better graphics engine

if this winter/desert nogovo is given out, then #1 is achieved, while if that person also uses MP test 1.60, then so is #2 to certain extent.

so basically by having winter/desert nogovo, we are giving half of OFPR...

Indeed. But hey Kegetys you can always give us the new snow textures and other new things that are in winter Nogova and then give us very clear instructions how to make our own winter Nogova biggrin.gifwink.gif. Oh well, nice idea but there's always one fool who would release the completed island sad.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.new island

2.new netcode

3.more weapons

4.better graphics engine<span id='postcolor'>

5.new vehicles

6.new textures

7.dropable weapons (which is a pretty big thing when u think about it)

8.a 20mission campaign

9.5 single player missions

10.9 multiplayer missions

11.improved mission editor

12.the ability to land choppers on buildings

13.improved ai

14.new buildings

theres alot of things ur neglecting

15. womans tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ Aug. 12 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Aug. 12 2002,12wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you sure original ofp can handle nogova (size and textures, animations etc)<span id='postcolor'>

Yea you are right. OFp dont supprot higher than 256x256 textures

OFP:R does ..<span id='postcolor'>

only on islands. On models you can go as far as 1024x1024, but you'll probably get something like over a megabyte on the texture file size.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peeps @ Aug. 15 2002,15:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.new island

2.new netcode

3.more weapons

4.better graphics engine<span id='postcolor'>

5.new vehicles

6.new textures

7.dropable weapons (which is a pretty big thing when u think about it)

8.a 20mission campaign

9.5 single player missions

10.9 multiplayer missions

11.improved mission editor

12.the ability to land choppers on buildings

13.improved ai

14.new buildings

theres alot of things ur neglecting<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif how could you forget women? mad.gifbiggrin.gif

http://rh13179.rh-tec.com/pics/B&C.jpg smile.gif

thanx to peep and vixer for clarifying more stuffs biggrin.gif

yes, that's why we haven't seen much of winter/desert or anyother variations of Nogovo.