Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Ufo addon

We need an UFO space ship addon for OFP, could make little green men for the crew. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Aug. 10 2002,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We need an UFO space ship addon for OFP, could make little green men for the crew. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is this a joke?

I already suggested this.

it would be a fun addon, to have maybe an unknown craft, something for the f-16s to chase every once and a while

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ Aug. 10 2002,06:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already suggested this.

it would be a fun addon, to have maybe an unknown craft, something for the f-16s to chase every once and a while<span id='postcolor'>

O_o why not have super laser guns with A-bomb launchers while your at it  confused.gif

*sigh*

billions of dollers are spent each year by goverments around the world to investigate unidentifed flying object, not only for security reasons, but for pure interest. if ofp is a true military simulation then simulating small things like this would add some fun.

confused.gif  ah the goverments are trying to what it is in real so you place that thing in the dark and go hunt it? i dont see the fun in that and who says there exist green guys? a UFO ok they exist but the green man i have never seen one on TV or something that says there are, so that would be total stupid in ofp

As far as I see it, the more add ons, the better. I wouldnt min a Nuclear bomb/ICBM launcher, would be good for wiping out large bodie of enemies.

It would be rather pointless really,you get to chase things around,yay.

I'd prefer a new thank or some new weapons to kill with.

BTW,a decent icbm would probably destroy an entire island.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Aug. 10 2002,21:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be rather pointless really,you get to chase things around,yay.

I'd prefer a new thank or some new weapons to kill with.

BTW,a decent icbm would probably destroy an entire island.<span id='postcolor'>

new weapons r fun for 15 seconds unless there like laser guns or flamer throwers etc.

I think it would be ace, a mass assault by those little greys with flying saucers and your all entrenched with M16s and stuff, with AH-64s bringing those UFOs down. With green blood and wierd alien screems.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ Aug. 10 2002,13:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it would be ace, a mass assault by those little greys with flying saucers and your all entrenched with M16s and stuff, with AH-64s bringing those UFOs down. With green blood and wierd alien screems.<span id='postcolor'>

Any culture that has mastered inter-planetary travel wouldn't be bothered by human weapons.

Any aliens who decide to invade Earth probably haven't seen any Earth-like weapons before though smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Aug. 10 2002,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any aliens who decide to invade Earth probably haven't seen any Earth-like weapons before though  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why should they invade us? why shouldnt we invade them ? biggrin.giftounge.gifwink.gif

j/k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ Aug. 10 2002,16:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah paratrooper how do you know that they wont be bothered tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If they are masters of the monumental energy needed to travel betwene distant stars, then their weapons would be of such massive power for ours to be useless.

A UFO would be one thind in an addon, but the aliens vs humans idea is a tad ridiculous.

look guys we all have the right to diferent opinions and consequently we will disagree with each other on some subjects.....however if everything is vanilla flavour life would be boring

lets have some ufos aliens etc......it may help develop ideas that you may not ordinarily consider.....

..if i make a laser gun...someone may take my idea and make a laser rangefinder for an M1A1 or a speed gun for the car mods

i may have a new flight model for my ufo that works for tilt rotor aircraft....

i may want to make miniature aircraft/spaceship/biplane models to effectively expand the airspace above an island to make my dogfights better to play...

it makes sense to support as many variations, ideas and mods for ofp as possible because this means more people buy the game ...BIS then rakes in the dough and ofp2 becomes that little bit closer to reality......you don't want to kill the golden goose... so bring on the scifi and all the enthusiasm that it brings.........

we is all playin' the same game!........so less of the "your idea sucks" mentality and more of the "mmm I wonder how that could be done?" wink.gif

if i dont want a ufo i don't DL one do I?

there was a TV series on when i was a kid that i loved called "UFO" its a real cult thing now but it may give u a few ideas as where to go with the basic idea....there is a site with sound effects CG models blueprints etc...i'll post a link here in a mo.........

getting a little inspiration here........can feel a mini mod comming on.....some new gameplay ideas possibly and a radically new type of unit or 2....

UFO blueprints etc

CG models of ufos and stuff

Hey, DOR has a cool topic going!

Why not a UFO for OFP? Would let us make more ineresting missions. BTW, part of being in the Soviet military was seeing "UFO"s from time to time. (don't forget what that term really stands for)

The Alien issue... well my viewpoint is; no aliens will try to invade us because we are not a threat, and they can get resources from places where they would not have to destroy life. Besides that, any life that can gain the knowledge of the forces that work the 4th dimension will have to have a great respect for life, and should not bother us. smile.gif

Oh well, it's nice to be able to think about stuff like that, too bad we have no contact with aliens. tounge.giftounge.gif

Heres a good idea for a mission you could do....

Your a pilot and you are ordered to shoot down a UFO and so you shoot it down and a couple of days later the earth falls under attack from the aliens and so basically your screwed and you have to run from them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jakerod @ Aug. 10 2002,12:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Heres a good idea for a mission you could do....

Your a pilot and you are ordered to shoot down a UFO and so you shoot it down and a couple of days later the earth falls under attack from the aliens and so basically your screwed and you have to run from them.<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

If I get an order to shoot down a UFO I'm going to get back to base and shoot my commander! wow.gif

hehhe

You could actually make a good campaign for it... You could have it so that they attack you after shooting down one of their ships and then you have to fight and find a weakness or something and they could have like super armor on or shields something like that.

Put see then when some other poor pilot shoots down the UFO and they invade then your gonna be down one commander and you cant have that.