makhno

G.O.S Koplic : Arma 3 Island

really enjoy this Map. lots of space and vegetation. very cool start..

Please, do not give up on this just because altis is just around the corner....

Although altis sould be HUGE in comparison to stratis, it is still only ONE island... in a few months ... well be tired of it as well... Arma needs diversity in Terrains. Your map was a much welcomed addition to Fromz map.

Secondly !!! and Most Important to me is this:

CBA_FNC_searchnearby DOES NOT WORK ON STRATIS.. On your map it does.. AI enter and search buildings on your map. The exact same mission COPY and PASTED into stratis doesnt work properly and the AI do not enter the buildings to search...

Your map is Very nice, and I thank you for you work!!!!

Please, do not give up on this just because altis is just around the corner....

Although altis sould be HUGE in comparison to stratis, it is still only ONE island... in a few months ... well be tired of it as well... Arma needs diversity in Terrains. Your map was a much welcomed addition to Fromz map.

Secondly !!! and Most Important to me is this:

CBA_FNC_searchnearby DOES NOT WORK ON STRATIS.. On your map it does.. AI enter and search buildings on your map. The exact same mission COPY and PASTED into stratis doesnt work properly and the AI do not enter the buildings to search...

Your map is Very nice, and I thank you for you work!!!!

don't you worry about that...there will be 4 nifty DLC's with 4 maps each there will even be a CQ map pack ...maps so small it will be like armed combat inside of an out house :D but wait if you buy "premium" you get all the DLC plus some nifty dog tags :) for 59.95.....OOPS...CRAP wrong forum ;)

Hey,

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed your map and also don't think you should stop working on it.. perhaps no "rush and stress" but let it grow, don't kill it :)

Who knows, maybe soon (haha, who am I kidding) we will get updated visitors and stuff so our 3rd editor imports doesn't get "corrupted" in height (too high, too low).

I am very happy with it but i would also recommend adding the "sharpstone_erosion" or what its called in the rivers, so while its possible for vehicles to cross. They need to slow down or risk breaking its wheels.

EDIT. If you want working doors, I can help you.. add me on skype or something. Should be able to find me daniel a.t granq .se

Thanks for this great terrain, it gives us an idea of what Arma 3 will be really good at, that’s great looking terrains.

Thanks for sharing.

Oh, agree with the other poster regards performance, I have msi fps set to max limit 70fps and it hits that at a constant rate in the air, and between 55-65fps on the ground. Really great performance.:)

@GranQ : You have problems with the doors ? They should be working (ladders as well).

sorry, thought I read someone that said didn't work. I was too happy with the outside and we did a long range patrol when we tested the map, so didn't try indoor myself.

I've tested this mission several times on large co-op missions and, so far, all doors and interactable objects work fine. The sniper towers in military compounds have small ladders on them, but cannot be climbed. (not sure if they are able to be climbed in Stratis) Also, all gas stations in the map refuel nearby vehicles, including aircraft landed on top of it or close enough to the pumps. (which is a good thing :D)

The rivers are slightly too shallow and sometimes result in boats hitting slight bumps in the river, causing the boat to stop and/or get damaged. I'd recommend making them deeper, but keep it shallow where the roads/land bridges pass through them, of course.

I love the map! It's a welcome change of pace with the flat terrain and the estuaries. Great for tank/vehicle combat! :)

I've only one problem, and it looks like it may just be me as I'd assume others would bring it up were it widespread. I have this small dark green line/dash looking thing about half an inch long that sits three quarters up the screen on the left side. I don't get this on Stratis or Daioyu, however! Any clues as to why?

The small Dash appears while using CBA addon.

Though i'm clueless why this happens.

..snip..I have this small dark green line/dash looking thing about half an inch long that sits three quarters up the screen on the left side. I don't get this on Stratis or Daioyu, however! Any clues as to why?

Are you using AiA, its happens with that.

Thank god for that-wondered what the hell that was- not running AiA here.

Odd that I'm using CBA_A3 and don't get it.. :confused: although I'm glad..

Thanks for explaining.

Can't see this, marked as private..:(

Edit: Its o.k, thought it was a video. Still might be worth checking, may need enabling or something.;)

Im new to this workshop stuff I think it works though.

Great work,

I'd like to add two suggestions:

Roads are, as already said, nearly not to possible to see.

More grass on the ground.

Other than that, awesome map!

yeah more defined roads, (though some dirt roads fording the low rivers are cool) and also a few major bridges crossing larger water ways. will add an interesting dynamic or chokepoints to defend/assault

Lovely!!! Updating mission asap

Its great watching the evolution!

Edited by Masharra