Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

KEYS: No action menu

Sounds like great progress, I'm very excited to see the release of this mod and the end of the action menu.

Awesome!

Would it be possible to add a key that holsters all your weapons? I miss that for many reasons, for example you can't approach civilians without having weapon drawn. I don't know what Bohemia was thinking.

Very nice addon, only two suggestions, please not automatic ladders, this is not CoD, "is not psychedelic game where i have no time to think because a 10 year old boy killing me with a sniper rifle at 10 meters" ;)

And you see the menu always in the car, just who does not want to use the menu you do not use it, but do not remove the option. Especially considering Rift Oculus future where we can not see your keyboard, and therefore will be indispensable in the simulator visual referencies.

Sorry for my english.

Great work you're doing, looking forward to try it out.

I thought your video where you made objects physx enabled was interesting - Is this something you still want to work on, and share?

Automatic ladder climbing sounds good to me actually.

Very nice addon, only two suggestions, please not automatic ladders, this is not CoD, "is not psychedelic game where i have no time to think because a 10 year old boy killing me with a sniper rifle at 10 meters" ;)

And you see the menu always in the car, just who does not want to use the menu you do not use it, but do not remove the option. Especially considering Rift Oculus future where we can not see your keyboard, and therefore will be indispensable in the simulator visual referencies.

Sorry for my english.

I see no correlation with Cod sniper rifle kid and automatic get up the ladder system.

If you'll be getting Oculus rift you will simply have to remember this mod is

about ditching action menu not about leaving out few keys because of visual references

because that would defeat whole purpose of it. : )

(at least that how it seems from my standpoint, author can correct me)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura great work men, you are like my number top 1 addon maker right now ^^

No idea.My guess would that later on might be coded in by BI guys once Rift is well in use.

The Arma 3 devs have an OR dev kit and were looking to get at least one more, but OR support wasn't a "September 12th launch" priority.

Cant wait to this be relesed..and i am not spaming or anything but you shoud definetly try to merge your job with this guy and you will have like cool script for NOaction menu and AVI(Advanced itc...) when u two guys finish your job..and we get a ACE,ACRE and all other stuf...we will get ARMA 2 only 1000 times better :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162022-Advanced-Cockpit-Interaction

Does the Oculus rift even work with A3?

IIRC I read somewhere that the Oculus Rift is already compatible with RV3.

17-09-2013

EXE rev. 110133

Size: ~696 MB

Action menu priorities have been tweaked (WIP)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-branch-changelog/page13

There seems to be some improvement and work in progress but still seem like getting rid off something that's been

with a us from 2006 would be better off provided is replaced by keys and your sort of interaction.

If you are referring to the action menu it has actually been with us since 2001.

If you are referring to the action menu it has actually been with us since 2001.

there we go thanks.

Great addon Sakura_Chan!!!

BIS should take note...

How does it work for placing explosives and detonating them?

Yeah his stuff looks very advanced. I am still working on the action menu, and I would like to do some multiplayer testing / release an alpha before I started getting permission to integrating other people's excellent work into my addon. I am pretty far along in terms of scripting and deleting action menu items, so some sort of demo/alpha would be releasable soon. Keep in mind that I am the #1 unreliable modder on here when it comes to releases tho :)

I am the #1 unreliable modder on here when it comes to releases tho

don't worry, you're not alone :o

I wouldn't take any offense because of that I'm sure that lots of other people are similar.

We are just grateful that you are working on this in a first place.

One thing that has really helped with the action/command menu is a little addition to the layout editor.

newmenu.jpg

It allows you to set the size of the action menu independent of the "interface size". I found that on high res displays the action menu was too small to see perfectly clear. On low res displays the text was so small that it would be unreadable due to aliasing issues. I am also including the ability to change the colors of the menu individually, so you can have a different color for background, selected background and text. Currently it uses the same color for the selected background as it does the text so it really creates an annoying low contrast situation

newmenu2.jpg

It really helps to move the action menu to the center left or right of the screen because it should be within the unit's +-10º of view. It is just moved with the layout editor, I would like to add a new layout that players would be able to select ingame

Great news!

Little OT but I noticed that you can resize GPS by holding right mouse button on it and dragging. Just tested that by accident because you were talking about ^ that little addition.

Would it be possible to release the back up parachute mod solo, assuming it is complete, it would make for a great addition to the paratrooper unit we're currently building. I would love to test it out.

- Mod is looking great so far.

great stuff - cant bis just use your system? i mean if its a mod - then public server wont have it i guess.

Sakura, will you add sounds to door opening action / anim? This heavily affects immersion for lots of people.

Please do. Great work on the improvements, overall!