Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

what types of DLC would you vote for?

what types of DLC would you like :)  

171 members have voted

1. 1. what types of DLC would you like :)

• DLC like BAF, PMC etc... (larger less frequent content)
    • DLC like units, planes, vehicles etc.. (smaller but more frequent)
    • DLC that are feature based (community wishes maybe axed features)

leave the mods modeling and map making to the community and let BIS concentrate on engine strength and features known as expansions :)

I would love for BIS to produce a DLC thats more than just a few added vehicles and characters...I'd love for them to relese something like ARMA 3: Vietnam complete with Ashau Valley map, Hueys, A1s, VC/NVA, USA/USMC/Aust Army, etc etc. They already have the tools for it (and this is not to take anything away from the excellent mod for A2 and now A3); or ARMA 3: Normandy, or ARMA 3: Korea, or ARMA 3: something.

leave the mods modeling and map making to the community and let BIS concentrate on engine strength and features known as expansions :)

yeah, i'd rather have more functionality than toys :D

People in the community can always make stuff like islands/units. I want BI to focus on engine things that modders can't quite get to that improve general gameplay. Better medical systems, weapon resting, walking in vehicles, more accurate simulation of vehicles (TKOHFM), and most importantly AI.

Hello there

Unrealistically I'd like to see "Take On XXX" modules for each aspect of gameplay. Heli's, Tank's, Planes, Drones, Infantry and them all to be compatible even with folk who don't own em.

Simple.

A little more realistically, but by no means easy, is to incorporate .kjus work into the build and bring over all that scrummy content even if it's not quite as lovely as the newer models. I need my BAF at the res is was meant to be.

Rgds

LoK

People in the community can always make stuff like islands/units. I want BI to focus on engine things that modders can't quite get to that improve general gameplay. Better medical systems, weapon resting, walking in vehicles, more accurate simulation of vehicles (TKOHFM), and most importantly AI.

I can see paying for BAF quality units and stuff especially if it comes with engine upgrades like that DLC did. I can't see paying for nothing but engine upgrades that should have been part of the game from the start, especially things like medical systems and weapon resting which the community has, repeatedly, modded into the game already. I mean, I would pay since I'm a sucker, but still. Don't charge me just for stuff you had 4 years to get right.

I can see paying for BAF quality units and stuff especially if it comes with engine upgrades like that DLC did. I can't see paying for nothing but engine upgrades that should have been part of the game from the start, especially things like medical systems and weapon resting which the community has, repeatedly, modded into the game already. I mean, I would pay since I'm a sucker, but still. Don't charge me just for stuff you had 4 years to get right.

:D Exactly. I always thought engine things should be added via patches and optional things are done at a cost via dlc.

Now I understand how the new generation wants it. Fixes to the engine should cost money... I wish I was in game development.

You will get dynamic lighting in dlc #2 $19.99 Official jsrs(comparable) sounds dlc #3 $19.99 Best AI in the series ever dlc#53

Also nice Idea Orlok!

Edited by Masharra

You're right. But anyway mine priority would be the features, engine capabilities. Secondly new toys of course. In that case it would be nice to see big DLC like OA for A2, or even better one for A3 with new campaign, units and obviously most requested features. Story could be set around Russia-China conflict That way you will get two gigant armies and Asia oriented gameplay in ArmA (include Japan and US marines additionally to the plot maybe). That would beat OFP DR easily, with the finger in the as*hole :)

OFC there could be BAF units espansion but then what about Spain forces, German forces, French, Polish, Italian forces etc... There should be plot story behind it. And peoples could be just tired of the Afganistan :)

Edited by fragmachine
typo

I think we have had too many Russian army DLC's for the time being

plus it seems every arma has included them

I think we have had too many Russian army DLC's for the time being

plus it seems every arma has included them

Sorta like the US military?

For me either,

a)

A naval expansion pack, something like an attack on the Philippines so we can have amphib warfare

b)

Agreeing with Orlok on having Take on DLC's like helis, tanks and what not

True Dan,

Right now I'm not seeing much use of diving/underwater/above water simply because there's the cube root of FA to do there.

i think a nice african scene like duala would be good actually

or some sort of war crime lord sort of stuff.

Sorta like the US military?

Free DLC that puts the content first shown in screenshots into the game, and then some expansion on naval stoofs and then modules..maybe a bit of both in the mix, seriously, add big working submarines that you can walk inside of without drowning under the water surface, d you can essentially create just about any naval scenario.

:D Exactly. I always thought engine things should be added via patches and optional things are done at a cost via dlc.

Now I understand how the new generation wants it. Fixes to the engine should cost money... I wish I was in game development.

You will get dynamic lighting in dlc #2 $19.99 Official jsrs(comparable) sounds dlc #3 $19.99 Best AI in the series ever dlc#53

Also nice Idea Orlok!

what I mean by "engine strengths" would not be sound or dynamic lighting it would be core strength such as DLC #1 (a year or less from now) 1. doubles the complexity of Physx 2. new net code allows over 150 players 3. RV4 now scales evenly and effectively across 4 cores doubling performance (<< this on is pure fantasy :))

let BIS deal with the roots and we will deal with the leaves :)

Strange, I would have fully voted for the community axed features as soon as I heard a lot of content was scrapped from release XD

Ah well...

I want a Realistic Wounding System as it was mentionned in the Feedback Tracker, to enhance the realism of A3. Serious injuries like it is in war, not a paintball game. This is to have more immersion in this virtual world.

More naval and air firefight combined to the infantry.

Underground possibilities. More vivid world with civilians and better buildings inside with more details. Larges cities.

And of course more use of next gen graphics and physics with better use of computers, CPU and GPU to make it possible with more complex and number of AI and, or number of players in MP.

WWII DLC. similar to Iron Front Liberation 1944, but with tank interiors!

And many WWII weapons. Mortars, Airplanes,

That's what I44 is for mate :) it's already wip

As I have the Supporters Edition I just want MOAR :) and value for money of course !

Am I the only one who would like to see a DLC for tank interiors ( and I don't even like tanks )?

Edited by Denco

It would be nice if they brought the original CTI back with new base buildings, town capturing and unit purchasing. :)

Also make the buildings destructible. Its frustrating to shoot a HE round at a building to have all the people inside still alive.