Sign in to follow this  
Polygon

Official A3 campaign thread - discussion, wishlists & more

Zipper, in veteran we suppose to have a single save.

No, as of Arma 3, this applies to Regular difficulty as well. I'll investigate to see if there's actually a problem on the mission's end, but it's strange that it's only appearing now.

No, as of Arma 3, this applies to Regular difficulty as well. I'll investigate to see if there's actually a problem on the mission's end, but it's strange that it's only appearing now.

I tried restarting the mission by reverting from the campaign screen, and I still can't save at all. And even with only one save enabled, it would always work to use a SAVEGAME cheat. Plus, when selecting quit, it doesn't save either, when I come back to the mission, I need to start again from the beginning.

Edit: I can send you may saved campaign state if it would help you getting to the bottom of it.

After a quick investigation, the issue was caused by the introduction of a problem in the logic of the function handling the quotations you see at the start of the mission, and was actually affecting all missions. This has been fixed and will be in the next development branch update. However, this issue is only present if you are subscribed to the development branch. It is not a problem in default branch.

After a quick investigation, the issue was caused by the introduction of a problem in the logic of the function handling the quotations you see at the start of the mission, and was actually affecting all missions. This has been fixed and will be in the next development branch update. However, this issue is only present if you are subscribed to the development branch. It is not a problem in default branch.

Great! Now I can finally try to finish the first episode!

Great! Now I can finally try to finish the first episode!

Likewise! Back to the inferno.

Just checked, and it's still there... Tomorrow then, I assume ?

Source?

Click on the second episode proxy in game, it says "coming December"

I hope we'll get it sooner than 31th of december...

Will it also available in devbranch a week earlier like "survive"?

Anyone else find the Patrol mission in the campaign.

Just walk away from Camp Maxwell and it will load patrol.

Have no idea what to do. Your just placed alone outside Camp Maxwell and there's enemy's places your supposed to avoid.

You can simply walk around / explore the area. If you get into specific areas, AAF will mortar the hell out of you, though.

Hi, i'm a bit confused.

I'm strucked right here

After my companion explode on the mine, i get the task "Move to the old military outpost and meet up with bravo" or something similar, is the 2,3th part of Surivor campaign. Ok, i go there... but then?

Nothing triggers, i cannot interact with the other soldiers, i'm a bit confused.

Thanks

If you go to the other soldiers, they should start a conversation and then move on with you. If this doesn't happen, you probably have to restart the mission from the beginning.

If this doesn't happen, you probably have to restart the mission from the beginning.

Mmm, this one i suppose :p

Hi, i'm a bit confused.

I'm strucked right here

After my companion explode on the mine, i get the task "Move to the old military outpost and meet up with bravo" or something similar, is the 2,3th part of Surivor campaign. Ok, i go there... but then?

Nothing triggers, i cannot interact with the other soldiers, i'm a bit confused.

Thanks

When you reach the outpost, two Bravo guys are standing there (outside in the open, which is odd, as there are enemy all over the place). When you get to within ~75m of their location, they will contact you by radio and guide you to them. Then you leave together for 2nd half of mission. I would revert to start of mission and replay if the above doesn't happen.

Bohemia Interactive today announced the release date of the second campaign episode for Arma 3. Picking up from where the first episode left off, the campaign is set to continue with the release of the ‘Adapt’ episode on Tuesday January 21st, 2014.

The official campaign for Arma 3, named ‘The East Wind’, unfolds over three episodes: 'Survive', 'Adapt', 'Win'. In the first episode, players were introduced to Ben Kerry, a regular soldier who’s part of a NATO-peacekeeping mission in the Mediterranean. After a botched withdrawal trapped Kerry’s unit on the island of Stratis, in the midst of a flashpoint, they attempt an escape to the neighboring island of Altis.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/arma3/announcements/detail/1389655714911114055

BIS, whats wrong with you, really? 3rd part of campaign i will see on summer 2015?

or, maybe i know the answer: you take money from pre-order, so you not intrested to make game fully playable.

+1 dislike. again

Well, considering how a multi-million dollar company like DICE/EA handles post-release support, and seeing how the first episode of Arma III's campaign is about the same length as the average CoD campaign, I am not too concerned about that. As a matter of fact, post-release support of Arma III was far better than I feared.

"As a matter of fact, post-release support of Arma III was far better than I feared."

Cuz they unfinished game, and its very bad tendency (AIII, X-Rebirth).

"As a matter of fact, post-release support of Arma III was far better than I feared."

Cuz they unfinished game, and its very bad tendency (AIII, X-Rebirth).

Don't think the comparison is quite fair TBH. From what I heard, X-Rebirth is pretty much unplayable due to crash bugs, which cannot be said about Arma 3. I agree though that there is a general tendency towards unfinished releases, and Arma 3 is certainly also guilty of it.

On the bright side, though, "Adapt" will probably appear on the dev branch much earlier. It will have more bugs too, if it works how I imagine it (with various mission hubs and more side-content, etc).