massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Thanks for this pack! Great choice of weapons, exactly what I wanted. I'm exited to see what further improvements you're going to make.

I'm also glad to see that you're going to incorporate FHQ Accessories.

Massi, I've been playing with these a lot. IMHO the recoil across the board should be down a bit for the NATO weapons. Not much. But it seems like a lot.

Massi, I've been playing with these a lot. IMHO the recoil across the board should be down a bit for the NATO weapons. Not much. But it seems like a lot.

Hi,

Yeah, I'll probably edit the recoil after the final version of the game, since in beta is still too subject to changes, anyway I'm still reviewing and adding corrections as reported ;)

cheers, and thanks again for reporting ;)

massi

4rpe.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3 BETA

BETA 0.3

Hi all,

I'm releasing an updated version of my NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS pack.

In this update I've reworked most part of the textures, they’re not best quality (still need help for that), but should fit better the weapons ;)

I've also added M24 sniper rifle, as requested, and fixed most of the errors reported by many users (thanks to all of you for reporting and contributing!), as listed in the changelog.

This should be last beta version, until urgent fix required, then addon will move in final stage and I’ll include also additional configs (like Alwarren accessories compatibility) after final game release.

Thanks again for reporting and collaborating in improving this pack!.

I'll update my unit's packs too in these days :) !

This is an Beta version, hope you’ll enjoy it ;) !

Requirements.

Arma3 Beta

Changelog.

v Beta.03 date 16/AGO/2013

- reworked most of the textures to fit better on weapons

- fixed M249 camo box textures

- added M24 sniper rifle in black, desert, woodland versions

- added thermal optic (placeholder SOS model)

- added dedicated HK417 and SR25 suppressor models

- added dedicated Ak's series suppressor models

- updated ammo\mag config

- Fixed: M107 mags have now 10 rnds

- Fixed: Aks rifle's and rpk bolts don't stick out of the guns when empty

- Fixed: HK417 changed mag due to missing textures in old one

- Fixed MP5 suppressors firing only single and not auto\burst

- Fixed: error in last beta update

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Further Improvements.

- Add Alwarren's optics and gear optional config in final version.

- Trying to improve my skills in O2 to get better results (Need Help).

- Texture improvements and organization (Need Help).

Any help on this project will be really appreciated, since it is the first time I’m trying to use O2.

CREDITS !!!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1 sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jczbt3yffh1bfc7/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_B0.31.7z

Hope you'll enjoy these weapons !

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Thanks for the update, this is an essential addon for me.

I'll update my unit's packs too in these days
Excellent, what can we expect?

Also, would it be possible to make one of those old orange-coloured magazines for the AK-74? It would suit less-developed forces that use said rifle.

I'm glad you're enjoying new update, and for ak74 mag they're already the orange ones in aks74 , if you're not referring to them please let me know and I'll try to include new ones ;)

Cheers

massi

Uhm - suppressor on the M24 makes it shoot semi-auto. Hilariously awesome. Great M24 nonetheless.

The sounds are pretty bad.

I'm using A3 standard sound, hopefully will add custom sounds in future ;)

Is the magazine colour dependent on the weapon? The AKS74 seems to use the same magazine classname as the other AK74 variants ("30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag").

Is the magazine colour dependent on the weapon? The AKS74 seems to use the same magazine classname as the other AK74 variants ("30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag").

Hi,

Yes it is, the mag model is part of the weapon model, the thing you can change is the model of the mag once is on the ground ... I think ;)

cheers

massi

thanks for update this great mod, but better sounds would be great.

may you can ask LordJarhead from "J.S.R.S. Soundmod" for support ? i don´t know if he is still working on a version for arma3 :confused:

greetings

Thank you very much for sending us your updated work :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: sorry for the delay, I was on a holiday.

Really warms my mind knowing that we will have real men's weaponry available by the release time. :cool:

Those shitty MX plastic toy guns look and feel like shit.

M4 and AKs(and essentially most of the current weapons) are the way to roll out in the field of battle!

Really warms my mind knowing that we will have real men's weaponry available by the release time. :cool:

Those shitty MX plastic toy guns look and feel like shit.

M4 and AKs(and essentially most of the current weapons) are the way to roll out in the field of battle!

100% agree

Just a suggestion that may interest you Massi: since your weapons are using default sounds and Lord Jarhead is back in town,have you thought to ask him if he can give your weapons very good sounds in his free time?

Just a suggestion that may interest you Massi: since your weapons are using default sounds and Lord Jarhead is back in town,have you thought to ask him if he can give your weapons very good sounds in his free time?

Optionally loaded configs for JSRS compatibility would be awesome.

And thanks massi, this is definitely the best weapon pack so far. :yay:

Nice work massi, much appreciated. I really like these modern-day weapons packs, and you have something in there for everyone. I have been enjoying playing with this. :)

However I wanted to point out (sorry if this has already been raised) that a few of the "Russian Spetsnaz" guns in this pack are named incorrectly and not actually Russian variants, and are not in use by the Russian military / security services. The icons for the guns are correct, but the actual gun models in-game do not match them. For example, your "AKM" model is actually a Yugoslav/Serbian Zastava M70B1, your "AKMS" is actually an M70AB2, and your "SVD" is actually an M76 (mostly).

Edited by Kakarotto

Nice work massi, much appreciated. I really like these modern-day weapons packs, and you have something in there for everyone. I have been enjoying playing with this. :)

However I wanted to point out (sorry if this has already been raised) that a few of the "Russian Spetsnaz" guns in this pack are named incorrectly and not actually Russian variants, and are not in use by the Russian military / security services. The icons for the guns are correct, but the actual gun models in-game do not match them. For example, your "AKM" model is actually a Yugoslav/Serbian Zastava M70B1, your "AKMS" is actually an M70AB2, and your "SVD" is actually an M76 (mostly).

Hi,

You're right they're Vilas' M70s, M76s models as you said, I've just used the AKM,AKMS, SVD names just to keep the easy names of their russian counterparts to be easier to use in game\editor ;)

best regards

massi

4rpe.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3 BETA

BETA 0.4

Hi all,

I'm releasing an updated beta version of my NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS pack.

In this update the most important improvement is: dedicated weapon’s sounds created by LordJarhead , he made awesome dedicated sounds and all the needed confing entries for all the weapon’s pack, thanks a lot mate ;) !!!

I've just fixed the suppressor’s config in order to keep correct fire modes and rate of fire for all the weapons.

Thanks again to all of you for reporting and collaborating in improving this pack!.

This is an Beta version, hope you’ll enjoy it ;) !

Requirements.

Arma3 Beta

Changelog.

v Beta.04 date 25/AGO/2013

- Added dedicated weapon's sounds thanks to LordJarhead!

- Fixed: suppressor's fire modes config

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

Any help on this project will be really appreciated, since it is the first time I’m trying to use O2.

CREDITS !!!

For the Weapons:

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1 sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

LordJarhead: Creator of all the awesome weapon's sounds and the needed config entries!

Sound Author= LordJarhead

Website= http://www.jsrs-studios.com

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pqelxbu1zyulozx/NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons_B0.4.7z

Hope you'll enjoy these weapons !

Best Regards

Massi

Edited by massi

Thanks Massi

Look forward to trying these later

Is the optional config included in this update or will that be later on? Sounds sound pretty nice too.

Is the optional config included in this update or will that be later on? Sounds sound pretty nice too.

Not now, It will be in 1.0 release, just after official A3 release ;)

cheers

massi

Thank you very much for sending us your updated work :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!