Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW FALL: realistic infantry falling system

Hi,

When hit by AI gunfire in singleplayer I get knocked to the ground -works fine, but I thought some versions back you made it so the player (me) stays on the deck. Lately I noticed I automatically go back to kneeling or standing position and then as a result get hit and die while recovering my position. Prefered it before -when hit you stay prone.

Just my opinion.

Thanks.

Hi cub1. TPW FALL 1.12 should be causing the player to stay down after a fall from height or a bullet hit. I just tested it out on my box and it seems to be that way for me. Are you using any other mods?

Hi cub1. TPW FALL 1.12 should be causing the player to stay down after a fall from height or a bullet hit. I just tested it out on my box and it seems to be that way for me. Are you using any other mods?

Thanks for quick reply.......... yes. Running CBA_A3, dfs_3rdperson_A3, Babe_midtex, JSRS2.0Alpha, TPW_FALL_v112, TPW_LOS_v103 and zooloo75. Hmm maybe a conflict ? Will try running separate. Ta.

Thanks for quick reply.......... yes. Running CBA_A3, dfs_3rdperson_A3, Babe_midtex, JSRS2.0Alpha, TPW_FALL_v112, TPW_LOS_v103 and zooloo75. Hmm maybe a conflict ? Will try running separate. Ta.

The zooloo FFIS mod seems to do a lot of AI behavioural stuff, might be the culprit. TPW LOS doesn't affect the player unit.

EDIT: Actually it seems that TPW FALL is misbehaving. About 10% of the time a player unit does go back to crouch instead of staying down. I am investigating further. Apologies to ZoolLoo75!

Edited by tpw

tpw, after the player falls down to prone, would it be possible to move forward in prone by pressing w instead of having to stand up with x to move again? It would make the movement feel more natural.

It would make the movement feel more natural.

hehe i m not entirely sure about that.

Falling caused by pain or/and bullet dynamics..i m sure it will make you fall without having control on the fall (like Jackie Chan).

..aka needs *some extra effort to stand up than just continue pressing "W" (where your finger already touching the button) ;)

Great mod, will test it ASAP. I only have one question, and it is regarding to the ragdoll hack. I mainly play SP, so I enjoy (this sounds baaad) to look at the killed list at the debriefing screen: since you create a new unit that gets instantly killed for the ragdoll effect, will this fake unit end up listed in the debriefing as a player kill?

Yay!

Great mod, will test it ASAP. I only have one question, and it is regarding to the ragdoll hack. I mainly play SP, so I enjoy (this sounds baaad) to look at the killed list at the debriefing screen: since you create a new unit that gets instantly killed for the ragdoll effect, will this fake unit end up listed in the debriefing as a player kill?

Yay!

Hmm, never thought of that. I wouldn't imagine the killed ragdoll will show up since it's not killed by you, but rather by setdamage script command. Let me know how you go with it.

Hmm, never thought of that. I wouldn't imagine the killed ragdoll will show up since it's not killed by you, but rather by setdamage script command. Let me know how you go with it.
Will do.

I'm trying to make a video to show your latest version of TPW FALL. I also gave a look to the Anim Viewer, and have a question for you: can you cut animations? In the sense, take animation A and make a new animation B made of A without the starting x seconds?

Yay!

EDIT: Me thinking BIS obstacle course would make a good place to show off TPW FALL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBMzNIJ_6Ao

Edited by Gliptal

tpw if you are hit and fall down you should stay down until you decide to get up. Now player tries to get up after being hit and most of the time is being killed because it takes time to change stance. Even if I try to cancel stance changing and go prone it takes twice as much time to do that and in process... well.. you know... If you could somehow change that behavior I would appreciate it so much.

Well this is wierd, does this conflict with FFIS? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161738-Fire-Fight-Improvement-System&p=2471593#post2471593

It seems the player cant do fall animations but npcs do even from grenades.... lol sometimes they do a fall, then stand up, and do the FFIS dodge animation....

It would be upsetting to have to disable FFIS evasive animations.

Edited by SturmFalkeRDA

Tpw, can you consider incorporating the evasive maneuvers from ffis into ebs? The modder is away for school and gave permission for others to pick it up..giving him credit of course. Big fan of your mods.

Well this is wierd, does this conflict with FFIS? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161738-Fire-Fight-Improvement-System&p=2471593#post2471593

It seems the player cant do fall animations but npcs do even from grenades.... lol sometimes they do a fall, then stand up, and do the FFIS dodge animation....

It would be upsetting to have to disable FFIS evasive animations.

Tpw, can you consider incorporating the evasive maneuvers from ffis into ebs? The modder is away for school and gave permission for others to pick it up..giving him credit of course. Big fan of your mods.

No offense to anyone concerned but FFIS was basically rapidly developed as a standalone "all in one" system that simultaneously affected so many aspects of AI behaviour that its trouble free interaction with already existing mods could not be guaranteed. It's not that my mods conflict with FFIS, it's that FFIS conflicts with mine.

I basically no longer use FFIS because there is no active support at the moment (understandably). For me the added fun using FFIS showed when AI was using wall corners for cover while shooting back. Made urban warfare insane. Maybe what we need is a standalone mod that only focuses on evasive maneuvers but AI still gets suppressed using EBS.

twp, thanks for making these all available to us. Great additions.

I'm still trying to narrow down the issue, so hoping someone else can confirm. If I mortar a group of soldiers, nothing happens to them. If I grenade them, they fall/wound/die. Is there still an issue with explosions for mortars, or is it something else I need to narrow down?

ETA, whoops, realized I should have asked this in the suppression thread. My apologies.

twp, thanks for making these all available to us. Great additions.

I'm still trying to narrow down the issue, so hoping someone else can confirm. If I mortar a group of soldiers, nothing happens to them. If I grenade them, they fall/wound/die. Is there still an issue with explosions for mortars, or is it something else I need to narrow down?

ETA, whoops, realized I should have asked this in the suppression thread. My apologies.

No worries, I'm gonna consolidate them all into one thread soon for everyone's benefit.

You may well be right regarding mortars, it's not something I tested. I would have thought an explosion is an explosion, but maybe the engine thinks differently about it.

I will add it to my ever expanding to do list for my mods...

So the getting up part after being shot will be fixed or i should look for alternatives? Sry its not a rant just asking ;)

So the getting up part after being shot will be fixed or i should look for alternatives? Sry its not a rant just asking ;)

Are you using the latest version of the mod? tpw changed that behaviour quite a while ago, making it so that you stay down when hit and that's certainly how it is for me.

TPW FALL v1.13: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

- Units periodically reset their fall status to prevent being "stuck" falling.

- Introduced "all in one" startup hint for all TPW mods, you'll get the one hint showing all active mods.

- Script versions will detect an already running addon and quit.

Are you using the latest version of the mod? tpw changed that behaviour quite a while ago, making it so that you stay down when hit and that's certainly how it is for me.

Yes - even with 1.13 sometimes it still trying to get up. Maybe its conflicting with other mods, but i'm using so many - so no idea which one is causing this...

Fun little addon!

But,... there is a crash/explosion sound when parachuting onto ground.

And,.., there is a very loud crash/explosion sound when parachuting into water.

FYI. Keep up the great work brother!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated

Fun little addon!

But,... there is a crash/explosion sound when parachuting onto ground.

And,.., there is a very loud crash/explosion sound when parachuting into water.

FYI. Keep up the great work brother!

Thanks Goblin. I've never parachuted in the game, so I will check it out. I don't see how it can happen because falling literally gives a unit 6 sounds to choose from. But, stranger things have happened with my mods...

EDIT: Tracked down the issue. TPW FALL magnifies landing footstep noises by the distance fallen. A parachute landing from 500m is a lot of magnification. I have made the system detect parachutes and disable itself. Will release shortly. Thanks again Goblin.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

TPW FALL v1.14: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS.zip

Changes:

- TPW FALL disabled for parachute landings

Edited by tpw

WOW. You impress me more and more every day. Thank You!!!! That was fast.

Playing only SEAL/Spec-ops missions, we HALO in at over 36,000+ ft; you can

imagine the sound! Zoiks! LOL Thanks again. ;)