Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Good work Alex !

Good job, best looking ACU i've seen released yet.

You should start a modern mod team, this would be a great start to it! ;)

Cool stuff Alex, glad to see these released. While I don't like the look of the PASGT helmets (I prefer ACH), these are still very well done. Also good work on the config work!

One little nit picky thing here, the right side of this style of combat shirt the combat patch is not worn. Instead, the IR Flag, soldiers rank, and then last name is worn on the right side.

http://media0.wgz.cz/images/media0:51013a9659b6b.jpg/ACS+Aukro+2.jpg

The problem here would be that I can't as of now get the rank on there since it'll always be the same. Same with a name. Might have to leave them blank.

My pattern is still a tiny bit too large on the uniform.

The problem here would be that I can't as of now get the rank on there since it'll always be the same. Same with a name. Might have to leave them blank.

My pattern is still a tiny bit too large on the uniform.

Yeah of course, personally for the name section I would just put a US ARMY tape for generic-ness. For the rank it's all personal preference, I would alternate it to either just leave it blank or put a blank rank there.

Congrats on the release Alex, nice work as usual.

I also uploaded files for a darkened version of the M14 EBR

Just curious, how did you manage to retexture the M14 EBR without hex editing and including the model in your mod? I didnt think any of the BI weapons allowed hiddenselections :confused:

But pomigit, aren't you including your black MX in your upcoming PMC Mod? I don't mean to sound like I am trying to start anything, but isn't that almost contradicting? :D

But pomigit, aren't you including your black MX in your upcoming PMC Mod? I don't mean to sound like I am trying to start anything, but isn't that almost contradicting? :D

No contradiction at all mate, I think you are reading too much into my question. You are correct I have (with full written permission from BI) edited and plan to include a modified version of the MX model in my mod.

I'm asking Alex purely out of curiosity about the approach he has taken. Nothing more to it than that :)

Congrats on the release Alex, nice work as usual.

Just curious, how did you manage to retexture the M14 EBR without hex editing and including the model in your mod? I didnt think any of the BI weapons allowed hiddenselections :confused:

It's actually done with hex editing. As is most gear retextures and the like around. Figured a rifle wouldn't be so much different? Else I'll replace it with the regular one.

Not that many things work with hiddenselections yet. The dark EBR .p3d is in the AV_EBR pbo.

Yeah of course, personally for the name section I would just put a US ARMY tape for generic-ness. For the rank it's all personal preference, I would alternate it to either just leave it blank or put a blank rank there.

I left US ARMY on there. The rank area is empty as of now.

I've looked into the unifroms problem a few times now. I must be making a mistake somewhere since I haven't really done it before and working.

If someone feels like looking into the config, feel free. I'll keep trying still.

The uniforms work in VAS now. That last update fixed that, what other problems are there?

I just tried out your units today and I noticed that when you place them down in the editor, you get an error involving the 45 ACP ammo. Then when I click to preview, it crashes the game once I load into the map. I assume this must have something to do with the error code.

Error: "No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.9Rnd_45ACP_Mag'."

Also, what are the classnames for the uniforms, helmet, and the M4s without the attachments?

It's actually done with hex editing.

I was hoping you were going to say there is another way of doing it. Bugger :(

As is most gear retextures and the like around. Not that many things work with hiddenselections yet.

That surprises me actually. From the messing around I did with configs, for the gear unlocked mod, I found most gear (hats, uniforms, vests, bags) seemed to have hiddenselections, you just need to find the right camo name. The only exceptions for gear I'm aware of are the vests which now use the vest class "Vest_NoCamo_Base" and weapons. Almost every other gear item should work with hiddenselections.

Figured a rifle wouldn't be so much different? Else I'll replace it with the regular one.

I'm not the best person to answer that, someone told me hex editing was "illegal" so I enquired with BI and got approval. I guess if you have any doubt you can always contact DnA from BI. He was pretty good about it when I contacted him.

The uniforms work in VAS now. That last update fixed that, what other problems are there?

I'm always on the dev build. Not working correctly for me there.

I just tried out your units today and I noticed that when you place them down in the editor, you get an error involving the 45 ACP ammo. Then when I click to preview, it crashes the game once I load into the map. I assume this must have something to do with the error code.

Error: "No entry 'config.bin/CfgMagazines.9Rnd_45ACP_Mag'."

Also, what are the classnames for the uniforms, helmet, and the M4s without the attachments?

I'll look into it. Nothing wrong in the dev build atleast. M4s with no attachments are just simply DM_M4.

Edited by AlexVestin

Any chance you could do a reskin of some of the Blufor equipment? Maybe just vests and helmets? Because that texture is toooo good to use only on a few things. How about something like a pilot helmet and pilot crew helmet.

For the next version I got some updated unifrom textures. Patterns i slightly smaller, seams are more visible in the pattern, patches on their shoulders should be more acceptable.

/edit

It's updated to 1.2:

-Added Heli pilot

-Added Heli crew

-Added new uniform for crews

-Improved uniform textures

-Uniforms now work properly

Edited by AlexVestin

Yes, it's resolved. No harm in using these units.

Good because I was probably going to use them regardless. :supercool:

But seriously, really glad because I want to see the next update. Any chance on combining forces with other modelers to make a sweet US Army all around mod?

Good because I was probably going to use them regardless. :supercool:

But seriously, really glad because I want to see the next update.

The next update? 1.2? It is released in the front page, just not on ArmaHolic.

Any chance on combining forces with other modelers to make a sweet US Army all around mod?

Not impossible at all. I want to improve this pack.

Also. For the next 1.3 version.

http://imageshack.us/a/img194/1136/euhp.png

I misjudged things, so it's scale is off. I will re-import it later tomorrow.

It will get made, in the right scale, fully functional and included in the next version.

The next update? 1.2? It is released in the front page, just not on ArmaHolic.

I was referring to the next update where we would see more content. Sounds like 1.3 will be the magic number. Can't wait.

Also, I've noticed that there is a shirt uniform in the uniform group that I wasn't able to make work. So far the Only uniform that worked for me was the one with the sleeves up on the forearms.

The vests are also kind of strange because there is what, four of them? And aside from one not having a drop down mag bag, they all seem to be the same. I don't know if that's intentional or not but I figured I would point it out.

The NV goggles look sweet though. Can't wait to try them out. Will the mount be visible like the one the current NV goggles does?

I was referring to the next update where we would see more content. Sounds like 1.3 will be the magic number. Can't wait.

Also, I've noticed that there is a shirt uniform in the uniform group that I wasn't able to make work. So far the Only uniform that worked for me was the one with the sleeves up on the forearms.

The vests are also kind of strange because there is what, four of them? And aside from one not having a drop down mag bag, they all seem to be the same. I don't know if that's intentional or not but I figured I would point it out.

You're completely right on that. There's configs for stuff not unlocked in the beta yet. The T-shirt variant of their unifrom isn't unlocked yet. Same with vests. There's supposed to be a grenadier version of the vest too, altough it's the normal one for now. There is going to be 3 combat uniforms and a normal uniform. And there is going to be 3 vests with UCP, and one in olive drab. Not possible to have them all be different as of now, though. But hopefully soon :)

The NV goggles look sweet though. Can't wait to try them out. Will the mount be visible like the one the current NV goggles does?

The NVG will hopefully work exactly the same. Seems like it'll be no problems having it displayed on the helmet while not in use.

It's going to look something like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3476/8ney.png

Altough I did rotate it to lie a tiny bit closer to the helmet when not in use.

It inherits everything from the default NVGs, so it works perfectly.

It's got the correct gear icon too.

As visible there too, I also made clear visor variants of the ESS goggles.

Edited by AlexVestin

Awesome man. Sounds like you got everything locked down. Good on ya.

While I'm thinking about it, any chance you could reskin the GREEN crew helmet to the ACU texture. I know It wouldn't be totally Milsim accurate but I figured if I don't ask then I'll never know. haha

Thanks for informing us of the updated release and apologies for the slow update. I was abroad on a short trip, got behind with the updates and could not catch up :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you :)

Next time I update, I'll get some new screens too since I don't want it to be too misleading.

Awesome man. Sounds like you got everything locked down. Good on ya.

While I'm thinking about it, any chance you could reskin the GREEN crew helmet to the ACU texture. I know It wouldn't be totally Milsim accurate but I figured if I don't ask then I'll never know. haha

I probably wont. You really do not need to camouflage your head when you're driving a large 60-ton tank :D

Only slight issues so far with the nvgs is that there's no harness, so it only looks okay on helmets with nvg mounts.

You really do not need to camouflage your head when you're driving a large 60-ton tank :D

What happens when the tank fails and now you have to go out on foot? :cool:

Anyways, maybe ask if you can use a template of the harness? Or just make one exactly like it....

Added: So I tried out 1.2 and It's okay. (Still my favorite mod by a lot.) Not crazy about the whole officer uniform reskin but I will accept it if something far better is in the works. I wish I knew how to model!!!

Edited by Venom817