Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Just got to try it out, can't seem to add any attachments to the weapons, not even the standard BIS accessories.

Are you using any other mods that could be conflicting? What does, for an example, the m4 look like? Standard carryhandle only?

Yeah, just carry handle. I have a ton of mods active, when i get home from work I'll start deactivating them and see if i can find a conflict.

The rifles should be able to accept FHQ accessories and regular BIS ones when working correctly :)

Thanks for informing us of the updated release. :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
armaholic mirror updated with fixed version!

Thank you :)

There was a minor mistake by me regarding the temporary weapon icons. They were missing. Dropbox link is updated with working icons.

The armaholic link still has the small error. (Foxhound updated it)

Just letting ya'll know tht you can redownload if you were quick to do it at first :)

Edited by AlexVestin

Looks good! Going to try when I get home!

What's the map on the pics?

It's from ArmA2:OA

You need AllInArma to launch it.

Here's the map:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14455

(I was really surprised by how awesome the map is. The Armaholic screenshots really did it no justice. Like at all)

I cant stand stratis anymore! Lol i only play AiA now. But i never seen this map b4. Gonna try it as soon as i get home today with your troops! :)

I've been working more on the backpack textures (wich are horrible now) and they will get updated in the next run.

I also have a nice surprise for headgear, with the help of fellow community members, wich will get much better. More on it soon :)

Edited by AlexVestin

looks awesome :yay:

you should make a "complete" conversion for arma 3 in an afghanistan setting and then add some taliban.

plus all the other things such as blackhawks, a-10's etc. (maybe also other nato forces)

---------

just another thing - how are you guys normally playing with mods like these ? - do you just find a random mission somewhere to play (on armaholic) or do you use it online somewhere ?

Thank you :)

And that's were AllInArma comes in. As of now all of that is possible. Yet, new content is always better since it'll be 100% supported instead.

All that is missing are some resistance that would fit in with the setting instead of the iranians. Hopefully there'll be more normal looking civilians in A3 that could do the job with some gear added.

just another thing - how are you guys normally playing with mods like these ? - do you just find a random mission somewhere to play (on armaholic) or do you use it online somewhere ?

I'd guess closed gaming groups playing co-op missions together would be the most common. I haven't looked into addon keys so they work on a server or how that even works.

I found the conflict for my attachments issue, everything works fine when i deactivate this mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157688-MOD-1REV-French-foreign-legion-and-Belgian-units

Noted. Not sure why that is, though. Maybe worth looking into in the future.

Love the progress on all of this Alex, can't wait for the new version ;).

I can believe many of you downloading this are far from really enjoying the current rifle hand-animations.

That'll change soon, though!

I'm fixing the bad animations for the M4, M16A4 and Mk12 wich are suffering the most from it.

Basically all the rifles wich the character wasn't holding the grip on :)

Edited by AlexVestin

I think ya'll is gonna like this update :)

Big thanks to Johannes and Bikowski for a new helmet that I could make use of!

0s17.jpg

It's updated to 1.4:

-Added ACH helmets

-Officer texture slightly updated

-Better backpack textures

-More units now use M4's instead of M16A4's

-Fixed hand-animations for the M4, M16A4, Mk12

-Small update to the M4 family texture

-ArmA1 Interceptor vest for crewmen (Work In Progress)

Edited by AlexVestin

Do you plan on possibly working with Bobman to see if you can include his weapons in this mod? Not that I don't like your weapons, but he is doing some really high quality M16 Variants, and I am sure you can work with him on figuring something out? Either way, love the mod, love the sounds, and I hope to see what you will come up with next.

Can't say I don't want to do that. If he needs units to test them out, there's some fitting units right here.

I'd guess he will release his weapons as a standalone pack, though :)

When the next update comes (1.5) I'll include an M-ATV with the correct paintjob.

No armed version yet, because I say so. (I don't like the look of it)

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/1066/emjw.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/967/hzv.png

Edited by AlexVestin

Also, any ideas on maybe updating the Arma 2 Interceptor vest? The model would work, the textures would need to be touched up though.

I'm asuming you mean the vest I added for the crew, wich is a ArmA1 vest.

As of now, it has no shadow LOD, and I think the rvmats are wrong, because its shadows are very dark.

Textures are just made "okay to look at" at the time. I've already made it higer-res, but haven't really changed the texture.

If you're actually talking about a ArmA2 vest, it'll be more difficult. As much as I'd want to, I can't really get the .p3d files for those :p

Technically they should use the OITV. The current vest looks like a chinese model, as used by the Pakistani army, for example. Which makes sense for the AAF (talking about their Vest used in this mod) The Arma 1 vest was basically an Interceptor OTV, which was used proir to the introduction of the OITV. I believe there are four or five different versions of the Interceptor too. Wasn't there someone on Armaholic who was working on an OITV vest?

Yeah, the ArmA1 vest is not that accurate. I am looking for a IOTV* to use. Or any kind of new vest for that matter. I'm accepting all the help I can get :D

Also. Here's a screenshot of the current WIP vest for the crewmen:

http://imageshack.us/a/img199/7231/ensc.png

It's 'a bit' too long as of now, too I think.

Edited by AlexVestin

Don't want to nag, but I think it's IOTV (Improved Outer Tactical Vest).

Addon's looking good, keep it up!