Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Looking good! Might need something later.

I still haven't gotten where I want with the UCP units yet, so MC is on hold for now.

I do have templatefiles and all that for MC gear, so we'll have to see if I'll try my own ways to get the camo brightness/darkness right so it blends in well on stratis/altis.

Will probably go back to dev build again soon also and find some new stuff to work into this (like the huge backpack). Went out of dev just because of AiA for the moment. I've probably missed some nice things to play with :)

About the weapons, their muzzle flashes are all over the place with each shot, in circular fashion. They're not at the muzzle of the gun. Anyone else got that?

Hey Alex, I hope you don't mind, but I took your template, and I changed it up a bit to match Cryes color tone. I wouldn't mind sending it over (I toned it to my own Multicam).

About the weapons, their muzzle flashes are all over the place with each shot, in circular fashion. They're not at the muzzle of the gun. Anyone else got that?

Yes, thanks for reporting. Not sure what causes it. Yet.

Hey Alex, I hope you don't mind, but I took your template, and I changed it up a bit to match Cryes color tone. I wouldn't mind sending it over (I toned it to my own Multicam).

I still have templates and all that myself, as said. UCP first. There seems to be a high request for MC :p

I went through whole thread page by page!Excellent job, you are very talented.

I noticed one thing that would make your mod even better, it's gotta do with AT4.

Is my understanding that AT4 is fire and forget system or disposable platform.

In mod I observed he reloads it, instead of throwing it down.Is this because of

technical difficulties?

I went through whole thread page by page!Excellent job, you are very talented.

I noticed one thing that would make your mod even better, it's gotta do with AT4.

Is my understanding that AT4 is fire and forget system or disposable platform.

In mod I observed he reloads it, instead of throwing it down.Is this because of

technical difficulties?

Short asnwer, yes.

I want it to be disposable anyways. It's all still very much a work in progress.

I update stuff as I have time and things are slowly improving.

Any chance you'll ever get around to doing the bluefor vests and helmets? That is really all this is missing. Would make life easy once you decide to move on to multicam.

Any chance you'll ever get around to doing the bluefor vests and helmets? That is really all this is missing. Would make life easy once you decide to move on to multicam.

I disagree with Bluefor helmets. I love his now, and I hope he chooses to keep it. And I can also understand why he wants to finish his UCP version first. For all of us classic guys that love what's actually in use, he has really stepped through. He has brought us our gear and weapons that we love, and most of all, he is giving us units that don't look like they are wearing Crye Precision clothing. They look like they do right now. Nothing to hate on you, just decided to kinda give my own insight.

I disagree with Bluefor helmets. I love his now, and I hope he chooses to keep it. And I can also understand why he wants to finish his UCP version first. For all of us classic guys that love what's actually in use, he has really stepped through. He has brought us our gear and weapons that we love, and most of all, he is giving us units that don't look like they are wearing Crye Precision clothing. They look like they do right now. Nothing to hate on you, just decided to kinda give my own insight.

dont mean to sound too much like an ass but i wanted to let you know that this camouflage hasn't been used down range since 2011, multicam is the deployment camouflage, the ACU or UCP are for garrison use only, trust me i wear it every day ( except occasional weekends ;) )

dont mean to sound too much like an ass but i wanted to let you know that this camouflage hasn't been used down range since 2011, multicam is the deployment camouflage, the ACU or UCP are for garrison use only, trust me i wear it every day ( except occasional weekends ;) )

No no I understand, I just meant for the REAL lovers of UCP. I know MC is taking it over :D But I just wanted to express it without getting too technical

UCP not in use at all now as standard issue? :)

I'm trying however to bring in some familiar stuff. Stuff people can relate to.

I know the IOTV vests are what has been in use with the UCP camo, but what is issued now in MC? The same vest?

I am still kinda interested in what it'll look like with the uniform, ACH and blufor vest together in MC.

The ACH helmet alone makes them look so different.

Edited by AlexVestin

I prefer the helmets he has, actually. But a little variety never hurt anyone. Doesn't exactly hurt to make a helmet even if it isn't used on the units. Maybe in a box.

Short asnwer, yes.

I want it to be disposable anyways. It's all still very much a work in progress.

I update stuff as I have time and things are slowly improving.

Thanks for answer, best of luck with future designing.

I prefer the helmets he has, actually. But a little variety never hurt anyone. Doesn't exactly hurt to make a helmet even if it isn't used on the units. Maybe in a box.

I can see that. Like I said, nothing against you man, I am sure you're a cool guy. I just felt like talking ;)

the IOTV is generally the vest of issue although a lot of INF units issue the guys plate carriers due to the added mobility and comfort, they have less armor value but have the plates front and back where they count!

the ACH is in use yes. Multicam is the camouflage being used in Afghanistan right now, as i mentioned UCP is still used and a Garrison unifirm but there are talks of a transition to the "new" camouflage in the next year or two, a lot of us in service are hearing rumors of the US4CES camoflage being the most popular with a desert, woodland and transitional uniform pattern for the uniforms and helmet cover and all gear and vests being in the transitional to blend with any of the uniform\environmental situations.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peosoldier/6244781910/lightbox/

This is what the OCP kit looks like. I think that vest is also an Army lightweight plate carrier or whatever they call it. Shows rather well how large the pattern is on the fabric, as well as how the seams and buckles are worked on the pouches and everything. Only difference is that this dude has the new combat pants, but I´m not even sure those went past prototyping and field testing phase?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peosoldier/4997107884/ vs http://www.flickr.com/photos/peosoldier/4777976626/in/set-72157621946931904

IOTV with groin and shoulder pads, as compared to the lightweight plate carrier.

PEO Soldier's flickr is generally a good source for references, at least from some angles and layouts. I am almost tempted to pick up blender again and attempt to learn it so I can contribute to the community with bodyarmor or something. :( But I suck so badly at this 3D thing, I never got it when we did it at Uni.

those pants where fielded by SF units only to my knowlage. the general REGULAR army where issued fracu (Fire Resistant ACU) trousers which are just the same as the ACU style but in the OCP. some deploying units where issued fracu blouses too, mine on the other hand was issued the ACS.

oh and i have had the IBA, the IOTV and the plate carrier down range. With the IOTV and the IBA i never wore any of the extra kevlar additions, they make it extremely uncomfortable (and that includes the neck pieces!

I'm down range right one and have the IOtV I atleast wear the neck piece all the rest including the infamous D **k protector Isn't worth it lol

So.. OCP it was?

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7869/1cxp.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/7591/6g8m.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/4959/zwey.png

I am aware of some larger and smaller details that are incorrect, but if one of you could list them all up anyhow it'll be great.

That way I'm able to fix them all. I'm quite lost on the whole shoulder patches thing here too. Same as before, but in OCP like colors?

If I'll inluce this in the next version, it's possible it'll just be a test soldier like in the pictures. Nothing big. They will need a platecarrier or a IOTV before I'll include them properly. If someone has seen a good platecarrier model around here (For both A2 and A3), let me know and I'll contact the Author. Or if someone sees this and has a platecarrier needing a unit :)

Edited by AlexVestin