Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

i posted a few pics on page 13 i think it was, that has the correct colored patches on there. i am sure that there is someone out there who has a good iotv model, i made my rangers a while back and have the plate carriers for those if you would like me to send you the model (i also have a bunch of items for the ACH such as NVGs, battery boxes, IR beacons, Surefire mounted lights, Shades, Goggles, comms head sets etc if you ever used daveygarys rangers back in arma 2 you will probably remember the stuff lol

Yes! I am perfectly fine with it just being a test soldier for right now, until we find the pieces to the puzzle

I actually found out that one of the standard A3 backpacks had multicam that matched my units perfectly.

So there's backpack textures available for the OCP units later also.

i posted a few pics on page 13 i think it was, that has the correct colored patches on there.

My units so far have been airborne. The patches there suggests rangers, so wouldn't I need to change atleast one of the patches? :)

i am sure that there is someone out there who has a good iotv model, i made my rangers a while back and have the plate carriers for those if you would like me to send you the model (i also have a bunch of items for the ACH such as NVGs, battery boxes, IR beacons, Surefire mounted lights, Shades, Goggles, comms head sets etc if you ever used daveygarys rangers back in arma 2 you will probably remember the stuff lol

PM'd you.

That looks amazing. Fantastic job so far. I really love the way the helmet looks. Btw, you are going to keep the ACU units right? Perhaps make these units called AV_MCUS (Multicam U.S.)? Would be cool to stage and a mission in the future that had units in both. Like a U.S. invasion style thing you know? But I digress, these look great. And with the help of daveygary whos units were absolutely stunning in Arma 2, this is going to retain the title of my favorite mod. :)

One thing about the AT4, maybe you can take a look at how the new RPG ballistics work, and that way make it throw the rocket in a trajectory. Also, does the actual launcher have a range setting on the sights?

The new RPG-42 ballistics in the dev version make the weapon really nice to shoot. The straight as an arrow rockets are apparently a thing of the past now, if the community can learn how this new system works?

i have also been working on these, they are pretty cool but still need some tweaking.

arma32013-08-1916-01-22-47_zpse9faf598.jpg

arma32013-08-1916-01-50-13_zps6af8cf46.jpg

arma32013-08-1916-02-46-58_zpsc1dff490.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/DaveyGary/album%202/arma32013-08-1916-05-53-51_zps6f8c228a.jpg (101 kB)

This is the US4CES camouflage, i am not sure when and if this will come into circulation but it looks pretty cool!

Edited by daveygary1979

Thanks for informing us of the updated release. :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: sorry for the long delay before updating Armaholic but I was on a holiday and am slowely catching up.

This is awesome. Not a massive fan of US4CES but It is growing on me.

m16a4 m203 is invisible.

I know, it's not done. Will get around to it eventually. Only the classname is there atm :p

i have also been working on these, they are pretty cool but still need some tweaking.

*pics

This is the US4CES camouflage, i am not sure when and if this will come into circulation but it looks pretty cool!

Looks like it could fit right in on stratis/altis :o

That looks amazing. Fantastic job so far. I really love the way the helmet looks. Btw, you are going to keep the ACU units right? Perhaps make these units called AV_MCUS (Multicam U.S.)? Would be cool to stage and a mission in the future that had units in both. Like a U.S. invasion style thing you know? But I digress, these look great. And with the help of daveygary whos units were absolutely stunning in Arma 2, this is going to retain the title of my favorite mod. :)

They are definitely staying in this pack. UCP units are first priority, OCP units after, or inbetween. Only a texture or two that keeps them apart anyways :)

I also did correct the colour of the boots since they looked horrible before. For all units.

Before:

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7869/1cxp.png

New:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/9646/kye.png

(might tone it down a little)

Edited by AlexVestin

I know, it's not done. Will get around to it eventually. Only the classname is there atm :p

Looks like it could fit right in on stratis/altis :o

They are definitely staying in this pack. UCP units are first priority, OCP units after, or inbetween. Only a texture or two that keeps them apart anyways :)

I also did correct the colour of the boots since they looked horrible before. For all units.

Before:

http://imageshack.us/a/img577/7869/1cxp.png

New:

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/9646/kye.png

(might tone it down a little)

I see you sneaking that Hunter into the background too. :P

suppressors aren't attached in straight.

I could not find any misaligned proxys.

And I still have the problem with the muzzleflash going all over the place. Trust me, I am trying to fix that one.

Nevermind. Fixed that one now :p

Edited by AlexVestin

New dev patch unfortunately fouls up the shoulder patches. :/ They changed the models and textures.

New dev patch unfortunately fouls up the shoulder patches. :/ They changed the models and textures.

Had to start up ArmA3 and look for myself. The geometry for the IR-flag has been added to the other shoulder too. But on some uniform models, it's on the other shoulder + half the default flag texture.

It's probably not properly updated yet, so I'll wait for the Altis dev patch before fixing it. I will atleast try to get the units updated till when that happens. Will bring in some weapon fixes and rifle versions with desert and woodland camo.

Any luck with those vests?

It's going to take so much time fixing it to what I want it to. I'm still looking around and asking people while working on configs and fixing bugs on the weapons :)

so here is what i have so far for you AV, i still have a little work to do but i am nearly done enough to pass it your way!

buldozer2013-08-2800-09-24-65_zps8ea18188.jpg

buldozer2013-08-2800-09-45-60_zpsef2f723b.jpg

buldozer2013-08-2800-09-32-02_zps679960f7.jpg

buldozer2013-08-2800-09-35-76_zpsac91d868.jpg

so here is what i have so far for you AV, i still have a little work to do but i am nearly done enough to pass it your way!

Those look beautiful!

The only problem I would see is that because the vest is rather thin, it will clip a lot on many of the models. For example, the crye cage vests from BI have clipping issues in front and back when worn by the rangemaster, and they are rather bulky already. Making these a little bit "fatter" as far as the depth is concerned would alleviate this issue mostly, I think, unless you want to hand-tailor them to the specific models they should be used on?

Looking very much forward to seeing those ingame, though, delicious vests!

Saw those screen snow. Those look great!

I will probably move a few things around, but it's because I need to tweak the ACHs some to fit with the default nvgs and not clip into their goggles. They are tilted down at the front and it makes things clip. If you just include the gear (and PSD template files) you have I'll make a few variations out of them also. I have some ideas :)

I will also fix any clipping issues that occur. Save davegary some work.

I believe the next update will come soonâ„¢ Just gotta take a look at the uniforms and it's updates it got now on the dev build.

Edited by AlexVestin