Sign in to follow this  
Wolfstriked

When can we begin to critique vehicles??

Thanks BIS for commander slot in Patria vehicle.Keep on keeping on!

http://i.imgur.com/W8RE21dl.jpg

AMV is now slightly bugged, but thanks for the CITV :>

Even more funny is that, using the CITV, you can see yourself (as the pic) and the gunner also surfing there.

A few of the passenger slots on the Marshall also seem misaligned and are not accessible to AI.

I like the direction but I have so many bugs its unplayable right now.Some quick thoughts though are...

Is the Marid now getting a commander position to balance out the reinstall of the Marshall's commander position?:p

I changed the controls so now S is handbrake instead of reverse as handbrake applies much less braking power and allows excellent control of speeds.I now use SHIFT-S as reverse.If handbrake having much reduced braking power is intentional I think you should let players know about it as the tapping of S and screeching to a halt breaks immersion.By using handbrake as braking it is now easy to descend hills at pretty constant speeds and when you nudeg over a hill you press S and you will not go into reverse anymore.

I hope the bug that sometimes makes vehicles fly in the air upon contact with objects is getting looked at too.

Sorry,its just the Marid that has reduced braking power when using the handbrake function.This allows you very nice speed control on all declines.Wish this was implemented as the rapid stopping power is unrealistic and annoying.

Tracked/ heavy vehicles should have some sort of rear view camera. It's a shame you can't (as a driver) even look at the APC's mirrors.

I excitedly hopped into one of the new tracked APCs a couple of days ago to give them a test drive out of the airbase. I gunned it and flew for the offroad areas to give it whirl. I got stuck at the first mountainside as the damned thing didnt have enough power to actually climb it. When I finally found a hill I could get up, I slid down the other side to find it was a small ravine and I couldn't escape either side. I won't pretend to be an expert on military vehicles, but.. don't tracked vehicles have the power to go go up inclines at more than 5kmp/h?

Has anyone noticed that soldier breathing appears to be transferred to vehicle movement while just sitting in one?

Get in civilian 4x4 and don't drive, just sit in the car with engine off

I excitedly hopped into one of the new tracked APCs a couple of days ago to give them a test drive out of the airbase. I gunned it and flew for the offroad areas to give it whirl. I got stuck at the first mountainside as the damned thing didnt have enough power to actually climb it. When I finally found a hill I could get up, I slid down the other side to find it was a small ravine and I couldn't escape either side. I won't pretend to be an expert on military vehicles, but.. don't tracked vehicles have the power to go go up inclines at more than 5kmp/h?

Not always. It all comes down to power to weight ratio. Tracked vehicles might have amazing levels of traction, but they typically weigh much more than people can really understand. Sure, you can see on the stat sheet that a fully loaded M1A2 might come in at 72 tons topped off with ammo and fuel, but that 72 tons is a lot to move around, even for a 1500 horsepower engine - that engine is trying to move around 30-35 full size sedans in one package. Sure, the M1 has a good PW ratio, but even then, there is some hills we just can't climb no matter how hard we try.