Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark

Ballistic addon studios site updated

Nice,You guys should really think about makeing that blackbirds 2nd door opened.I think that would give it some more style.If you know what I mean.

We've tried...but the BIS model is such that you cannot do that without removing other crucial faces as well.....hence we are making our own UH60 model in the background while we work on this.

BTW NZX....I still remember that nice RAF Chinook you did. Man..that seems like a long time ago smile.gif

Just copy the door over to the other side Rotate it.Make alpha textures that make the side look invisable and delet the window.You will only have to modify 2 textures to do it.If you need some help just ask.

Of course there's always that method.....DOH!smile.gif

Thanks NZX. That's a very good idea man!

It all looks good but why are you making another littlebird, is it Capt Moores or are you making another?

lb.jpg

I still dont get why another one is being made but that looks a little on the too big side.

It's a new one. That pic is a little on the large side and it has been scaled down quite a bit since then.

I'm making another one because Cpt. Moores is:

(and hopefully no offence to Cpt. Moore)

1. Not a very pretty model...the canopy is strange and the model isn't very accurate

2. It isn't very accurate in terms of handling characteristics. Flies like an Apache....should be something like the Kiowa but not as jumpy.

Just because Cpt. Moore has made one doesn't mean others are welcome to try and possibly improve on what's out there.

In fact, if Cpt. Moore wanted to jointly create a new one I'd even be up for that....it's all about making quality addons...not just being the first to do something. That's our philosophy at Ballistic anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just because Cpt. Moore has made one doesn't mean others are welcome to try and possibly improve on what's out there. <span id='postcolor'>

Definetely, I totally agree but I just thought it might be wasting time on your other addons because I was satisfied with Cpt. Moores. I wasn't telling you shouldn't make it and there is probably people who are satisfied with Cpt. Moores so go ahead.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 30 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just because Cpt. Moore has made one doesn't mean others are welcome to try and possibly improve on what's out there. <span id='postcolor'>

Definetely, I totally agree but I just thought it might be wasting time on your other addons because I was satisfied with Cpt. Moores. I wasn't telling you shouldn't make it and there is probably people who are satisfied with Cpt. Moores so go ahead.<span id='postcolor'>

I guess you mean that "aren't" satisfied in your last sentence right?

Capt Moores lil birds were great but one thing i didnt like was how the mini gun was quite slow. I believe mini guns are much faster. Course I could be wrong.

if you go in resistance and shoot with the ah1 nose gun it spins like hell thats also what there will be on the Ballistic miniguns biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 30 2002,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you go in resistance and shoot with the ah1 nose gun it spins like hell thats also what there will be on the Ballistic miniguns  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Okay Vixer i need a no BS assesment here. Are you serious? cause man that just made my night. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you mean that "aren't" satisfied in your last sentence right?<span id='postcolor'>

Uh yeah I do that sometimes, sorry. I wasnt aware Cpt Moores was that unrealistic but if you can do better go for it I guess I just hope you finish the other stuff first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you go in resistance and shoot with the ah1 nose gun it spins like hell thats also what there will be on the Ballistic miniguns<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it's a nice feature, hopefully added to Vulcan also in future. Although it has one big bug, you can't see the gun itself rotating in AH-1, the muzzle flash goes where you point the cannon but the cannon itself doesn't move confused.gif. I hope BIS fixes that sometime. Great work with the addons, are you going to make West choppers/units only?

Will all the addons be released at the same time? I hope not. Personally I'd rather you all released the addons as they become finished. I've been waiting for a good MH-60 forever and it would suck to have to wait months while the harder more complex addons are being worked on. sad.gif

I do hope that you all release the MH-60 Pavehawk soon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tigershark @ July 30 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 30 2002,15:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just because Cpt. Moore has made one doesn't mean others are welcome to try and possibly improve on what's out there. <span id='postcolor'>

Definetely, I totally agree but I just thought it might be wasting time on your other addons because I was satisfied with Cpt. Moores. I wasn't telling you shouldn't make it and there is probably people who are satisfied with Cpt. Moores so go ahead.<span id='postcolor'>

I guess you mean that "aren't" satisfied in your last sentence right?<span id='postcolor'>

Bah, as long as they are released and downloadable im happy with it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will all the addons be released at the same time? I hope not. Personally I'd rather you all released the addons as they become finished. I've been waiting for a good MH-60 forever and it would suck to have to wait months while the harder more complex addons are being worked on.

I do hope that you all release the MH-60 Pavehawk soon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

the reskinned ones were also not released on the same time but i cant tell if they will be released on the same time because the AH1W is now my job and i dont know of the other things

Since OFPEC has been done for a bit and we havent heard anything from you guys how is it coming? Are you making progress?

tigershark is on business in australia, when he gets back to japan im guessing there will be some updates smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Sep. 05 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">tigershark is on business in australia, when he gets back to japan im guessing there will be some updates smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Tigershark lives in Japan? Wow i never knew that. I thought he lived in england or something.