ardvarkdb could You make yours mod compatibility with @asdg-jm? Scopes disappeared wwhen I installed it joint rails.

For now you need to download this one: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22342/asdg_jointrails_rhard_mk18.zip

And this one if you want the bipods: https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22343/asdg_attachments_rhard_mk18.zip

Hope those are included in 0.3:)

@kgino1045

Looks like there has been a small mistake. Checking the files our 0.3 is actually 0.2. What happened was, that I might have misread the first post and downloaded the version via mediafire thinking that this would be 0.3. Usually our network only updates when the files are actually different from each other. Not sure what happened there. Will revert the version back to 0.2 Thank you for the info :)

I am sorry for any inconvenience :o

@kgino1045

Looks like there has been a small mistake. Checking the files our 0.3 is actually 0.2. What happened was, that I might have misread the first post and downloaded the version via mediafire thinking that this would be 0.3. Usually our network only updates when the files are actually different from each other. Not sure what happened there. Will revert the version back to 0.2 Thank you for the info :)

I am sorry for any inconvenience :o

Think of all the folks you teased after waiting so long for this update! :P

Finishing up some last minute testing today, but things are coming together. The new version will include additional configs for ADSG Rails and ADSG Attachments. I tested the rails last night and everything is working there, just need to do the attachments config. The main config also contains new magazines that work with the advanced ballistics mod thanks to Ruthberg. If you don't have it, it doesn't impact anything, but if you do, the weapons are now set up to take advantage of that mod as well.

Hold on guys, the Mk18 pack will feature my newest ballistics code and I am also working on the suppressor code and rate of fire code to ensure they are 100% to real spec! I am working on this right now, since the code exists, all I have to do is "plug & play", also Aardvark if you would be so kind as to send me your latest weapons .cfg file as I do not need the whole mod just the .cfg I could ensure maximum compatibility and I can just send you the edited .cfg right back.

since I am a perfectionist at heart, I am also writing short descriptions for the magazines and attachments so that when you select them or hover over them with the cursor you will get some detailed information.

Edited by Spartan0536

The main config also contains new magazines that work with the advanced ballistics mod thanks to Ruthberg. If you don't have it, it doesn't impact anything, but if you do, the weapons are now set up to take advantage of that mod as well.
Hold on guys, the Mk18 pack will feature my newest ballistics code

So, which is it? Integration into Advanced Ballistics is more than a realistic velocity and drag config.

So, which is it? Integration into Advanced Ballistics is more than a realistic velocity and drag config.

You can use both, I am ensuring maximum compatibility as I am hand writing this ballistics config myself. My code will work with both Ruthbergs code and without so for people who are not using is advanced ballistics mod you will still get realistic ballistics.

Addendum: I will not be editing the AB code as that is Ruthbergs work, if you are using AB some values will inherently be different from my code, for example...

Ruthbergs M855A1 is set to....

Initial Velocity for an M4 (14.5 inch barrel): 866

Caliber (Penetration factor): .224

Ballistics Coefficient: .151

My M855A1 is set to.....

Initial Velocity for an M4 (14.5 inch barrel): 905.256

Caliber (Penetration factor): .855

Ballistics Coefficient (officially backed by Federal ATK. as I called them personally to confirm): .307

Now according to the US Military and Federal ATK, the M855A1 EPR's penetration should be 3/8+ inch mild steel (20 gauge) @ 350m which equals 7.3269mm+ of RHA @ 350m which = a caliber of .855

Now in terms of density... 1.2mm of 20 Gauge Mild Steel (ballistics grade steel) is exactly equivalent to 1mm of RHA, this is scientifically correlated and there is excellent documentation out there to support this data, this is how I figure in penetration in ArmA III.

Edited by Spartan0536

Spartans stuff makes sure that the vanilla experience is as close to realism as possible.

My stuff makes sure that the AdvancedBallistics experience is unadulterated.

Edit: Spartans configs also improve the terminal ballistics to a certain extent, which AdvancedBallistics alone does not.

Your mk18s plus Spartans ballistics will be the tits.

I may or may not be refreshing the thread hourly

I want to make 1 thing clear, my previous post may be misconstrued, as Ruthberg wrote AB, his simulation will be different than mine, this is not to say one is better than the other, its just that how its represented in the game is different. I will make 1 thing absolutely clear THERE IS NO PROGRAM/GAME/MOD EVER IN EXISTENCE TO COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY MODEL BALLISTICS LIKE IT IS IN REAL LIFE! It is just not feasible, you would have to know every single wind, temperature, altitude density, and gravitational pull coefficient along the bullets entire flight path to even get close to representing real life. Ruthberg has done an amazing job at attempting to bring this realism to ArmA III but even his values are wrong in places and this is not of any fault of his own, its a limitation of the game engine. My values are not even 100% and they never will be, anyone claiming they have 100% accurate ballistics is a LIAR.

I do communicate with Ruthberg and I will continue to do so to ensure the ArmA community gets the most realistic ballistic experience possible.

It's alive!!!!! Awesome looking forward to using this weapon mod again! Thank you

Ruthbergs M855A1 is set to....

Average Initial Velocity: 750

Initial Velocity for an M4 (14.5 inch barrel): 866

Caliber (Penetration factor): .224

Ballistics Coefficient: .151

My M855A1 is set to.....

Average Initial Velocity (M4 @ 14.5 inch barrel): 905.256

Caliber (Penetration factor): .855

Ballistics Coefficient (officially backed by Federal ATK. as I called them personally to confirm): .307

Ok, wait a second.

typicalSpeed=750;
AB_caliber=0.224;
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.151};
AB_dragModel=7;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={723, 764, 796, 825, 843, 866, 878, 892, 906, 915, 922, 900};
AB_barrelLengths[]={8.3, 9.4, 10.6, 11.8, 13.0, 14.2, 15.4, 16.5, 17.7, 18.9, 20.0, 24.0};

typicalSpeed is the minimum velocity at which the bullet still deals the damage specified in the hit value. It has no effect on external ballistics.

AB_caliber does not affect the bullets penetration capabilities. It only effects the stability factor and bullet trace effect.

The ballistic coefficient of 0.151 is G7, not G1

The muzzle velocity data is from: http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2010armament/WednesdayLandmarkBPerArvidsson.pdf

I was just going to say the same thing, that .307 G1 is about .151 G7, but he must not be aware of the difference.

With vanilla magazine config alone, the surface of external ballistics can hardly be scratched. It's what you do with that data that sets you apart. What you have done is leaps and bounds ahead of simply looking up a BC and velocity.

I like this statement by Spartan: "THERE IS NO PROGRAM/GAME/MOD EVER IN EXISTENCE TO COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY MODEL BALLISTICS LIKE IT IS IN REAL LIFE!"

We wouldn't know if it did, because the day we can virtually model real life with complete accuracy, we won't be able to tell the difference. Anyways, until then we have Ruthbergs work to get us extremely close. I mean when you can use a real ballistics calculator to make hits in a game from 200-2000m and everything in between, with a dynamic atmosphere, spin drift, coriolis, etc. you know you have something special. It's as good as it gets, and in this case it's free so I personally won't settle for anything less.

Edited by DGeorge85

Ok, wait a second.

typicalSpeed=750;
AB_caliber=0.224;
AB_ballisticCoefficients[]={0.151};
AB_dragModel=7;
AB_muzzleVelocities[]={723, 764, 796, 825, 843, 866, 878, 892, 906, 915, 922, 900};
AB_barrelLengths[]={8.3, 9.4, 10.6, 11.8, 13.0, 14.2, 15.4, 16.5, 17.7, 18.9, 20.0, 24.0};

typicalSpeed is the minimum velocity at which the bullet still deals the damage specified in the hit value. It has no effect on external ballistics.

AB_caliber does not affect the bullets penetration capabilities. It only effects the stability factor and bullet trace effect.

The muzzle velocity data is from: http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2010armament/WednesdayLandmarkBPerArvidsson.pdf

Aaaaaahhh ok I was not aware you were using G7 BC's, that makes a HUGE difference, and as for caliber, I am used to the BIS caliber rating which determines penetration capability. As for the muzzle velocity mine was calculated using JBM ballistics and the information Federal ATK issued me for all 3 barrel lengths which they stated were all US MIL rated for the M16A4, M4A1, and Mk18 weapon systems.

Aaaaaahhh ok I was not aware you were using G7 BC's, that makes a HUGE difference, and as for caliber, I am used to the BIS caliber rating which determines penetration capability. As for the muzzle velocity mine was calculated using JBM ballistics and the information Federal ATK issued me for all 3 barrel lengths which they stated were all US MIL rated for the M16A4, M4A1, and Mk18 weapon systems.

Isn't this all apples to oranges? You are trying to compare your numbers used to adjust to vanilla parameters to Ruthbergs config which uses his proprietary code.

At any rate, I understand the realism and challenge presented by such a mod might not be the most popular, so it's good to see authors on board with including Ruthberg's config for Advanced Ballistics.

Isn't this all apples to oranges? You are trying to compare your numbers used to adjust to vanilla parameters to Ruthbergs config which uses his proprietary code.

At any rate, I understand the realism and challenge presented by such a mod might not be the most popular, so it's good to see authors on board with including Ruthberg's config for Advanced Ballistics.

Its a bit of yes and no, Ruthberg and I want the same exact thing in ArmA, ballistic realism, and we do communicate to help ensure this, sadly written words only carry so much weight, if these were verbal conversations it would be an entirely different discussion. I think Ruthberg has managed to do what I thought might be impossible in ArmA, which was to have ballistics affected by all the things him mod covers. Ruthberg proved me wrong and I am glad he was able to as his work greatly benefits this community, when you use my code in ArmA its usually within a 3-5% margin of error in terms of performance, same can be said with Rutherbergs work, except his mod takes temperature, barrel twist, etvos and coriolis into account. His mod also uses G7 drag coefficients to simulate drag instead of BIS's limiting "AirFriction" values, however not everyone wants to use hyper real ballistic calculations in a game. This is why we work in cooperation, we share ballistic data, compare sources, and create an intricate library that has minimal inaccuracies, and to the end user, they get the realism they want.

@Spartan, I'm subscribed to this thread with instant email notifications. Please stop getting my hopes up that the update was released. I suggest you take it to PMs or a more appropriate thread. :(

Version 0.3 Released!

See

first post for full details

xWguhPq.jpgZkn4liR.jpg

Major updates include:

-Added GL variants of M4 Block 2

-Added support for Advanced Ballistics mod

-Added new sounds by LordJarhead

-Added optional configs for ADSG Rails, Attachments, and Muzzles support (included in main download)

-Added variants to both MK18 and M4 with KAC BUIS

-Fixed several bugs (including zeroing)

Special thanks to the following people (in no particular order (albeit alphabetical) because they are all equally great people):

Da12thMonkey, Robalo, Ruthberg, SwissMag, Sabre. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone, it's been a long journey for this update :)

You awesome sexy mofo!

----

After testing I have found that I'm unable to get the suppressors on the weapon and that when I reload the GL during the animation the mag will be ejected while the guy loads the GL. Not sure if this is just on my end or universal... Regardless I love these new M4 Block II's with the GL's, outstanding job mate.

Edited by SpartanSix

Congrats on the update mate, glad you mustered up the motivation ;)