Yes, the issue would be in the rvmats. I redid them, since I lost all my original files before this update. I will have to go back and look at what might have changed and fix it.

Just find a issue of the zering but i'm not sure.When using some of the optics,the zering seem broken when fire without using the optic,i mean when I use the virtual crosshair of the game,the final hit point would be a little higher than the crosshair's position.

Yes, the issue would be in the rvmats. I redid them, since I lost all my original files before this update. I will have to go back and look at what might have changed and fix it.

That would be awesome, thank you. Btw, the actual RVMAT files were and still are in the data folder of the original 0.2 version (base1.rvmat, base2.rvmat etc) together with all the textures. So I hope it's an easy fix.

I can't seem to get the vanilla optics aswell as the FHQ mod to work with them, I am using the ASDG joint rails so it should work.

If you're having issues with ASDG_JR, make sure you're using the latest version of Joint Rails (v.0.11 I believe). Also, make sure you have no lingering files from previous versions in your mod folders.

For the mag issue - I don't know. There must be some conflict with mods you're using, or perhaps something wasn't installed properly. Make sure everything you are using is up to date.

yes I am running the latest ASDG_JR update still not working and the default vanilla sights don't work either

Our group loves this weapon :) Any chance we can get a config for STANAG magazine compatibility with RHS Escalation?

We previously wrote our own but we have since globally moved to PW6 as our de facto mod synchronization tool and are avoiding using homegrown configs for our modset.

*Actually don't worry about this. RHS uses the same magazines with their own classname so they work fine in the MK18s.

One of our members wrote a config to use the RHS sounds for their M4s which we think sound pretty good for our internal use.

If there was one thing we'd like to see, it would be some sort of sight model for the M203 :)

Edited by Machineabuse
deprecated

This Mk18 pack is absolutely great, and it's even better that it's being continued, and getting better and better.

Personally, I think it needs at least one more thing, tracers. I know the vanilla tracers work, but at least one color of tracers with all the variants of the custom non tracer ammo that it already has. That would be great.

I just keep on dreaming that some kind coder soul would step up and make a replacement pack to make this Mk18/M4 blkII replace all vanilla mx rifles... (Mk18 replaces MXC, M4blkII replaces MX and MXM - just use the Atlis bipod and voila! etc) and maybe the upcoming SOTG uniforms could bundle up too ;D

So far only ARMSCOR did such replacement, but using their weapons and uniforms... wink wink!

cheers!

For me the weapons have no available magazines for selection in Virtual Arsenal.

i'm having the same issue. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

i'm having the same issue. Any ideas?

FIXED IT.

you need to ensure that you move all the files in the "ADSG Optional Config" folder into the ASDG_JR "Addons" Folder.

oh crab! ardvarkdb wanna know what I just found? an AR platform with EGLM... thats the thing man, next part of this mod should be an Mk18 with EGLM how about that? :)

Yup hes working on porting his SOTG mod over from A2 and last I remember it wasn't going terribly.

One of the highest quality uniforms to grace the arma series!

^Ditto. made a small replacement mod with them to swap out BAF Lite units, love it

The rifles were overly shiny for me as well, like several have mentioned since the last update, until today... The only thing that is different is that I just now switched to the Arma 3 Launcher to manage mods instead of typing into the steam launch parameters. I have no idea what's going on, but it's like textures are being handled differently. Anways, the rifles from this pack look a lot better now IMO. Go figure... :rolleyes:

e83ToyDl.jpg

Full size:

http://i.imgur.com/e83ToyD.jpg (185 kB)

That's very weird. I just tried the same thing and the shinyness on all the different Block II / MK18 variants I tried was gone. What could cause this?

That's very weird. I just tried the same thing and the shinyness on all the different Block II / MK18 variants I tried was gone. What could cause this?

Wow, so it isn't a fluke... Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know how the heck a difference in mod management could change the way textures are processed. I figured addons went through the same process loading into the game regardless of where they are managed.

Thanks for noticing this DGeorge85. Not sure what is going on, but I had checked all of the RVMATs and the SMDI textures between version 0.2 and 0.3 and they were identical, so I'm glad it wasn't an error on my end.

Maybe it has something to do with the way they were compiled? If the RVMATS and SMDIs are identical, then to only thing that really changed was the version of the BI tools...