Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

New addons

I found two new addons have been released:

black Baron's Dodge Challenger R/T, it's a very good addon, tried it out already.

G8's F-104 Starfighter has been released, haven't tried it out yet, looks good. smile.gif

The Starfighter is without ordenance, it is good but not as polished a flight model as the magnificent Tornado. The Challenger is great, if a little weak on the breaks!

The Challenger: best civilian car addon (or maybe the only one) but its still very good. The textures and model are good, the sound is nice though you cant do very good sound for cars. And best of all... It hauls ass and its a fuel hog too.

The Starfighter: Pretty solid addon, I couldnt find any obvious bugs. It flies good, more good work from G8.

yeah its great, but the textures could do with a bit of work

Looks like G8 are in a rush to get stuff out. The wings are uneven (on wing sets lower then the other) and the gear are off to one side. That car addon is bad azz though, its about time we have use for the gas stations.

oops almost forgot, the sight is also off to one side a bit on the plane.

hmmmmmn, G8's addons are getting Steadily worse, i must say, i think the Awacks Beta is awful, why release it? the textures suck, parts of the model are messed, the cockpit isnt nice, in their screens it showed a pilot as radar or something, where are the extra seats? i think G8 should release their addons when they are fully done and good quality, i'd rather wait than download a load of crap (dont say if ua dont like it dont download it, i heard that enuff times)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Doggy @ July 28 2002,11:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmmmmn, G8's addons are getting Steadily worse, i must say, i think the Awacks Beta is awful, why release it? the textures suck, parts of the model are messed, the cockpit isnt nice, in their screens it showed a pilot as radar or something, where are the extra seats? i think G8 should release their addons when they are fully done and good quality, i'd rather wait than download a load of crap (dont say if ua dont like it dont download it, i heard that enuff times)<span id='postcolor'>

there is a reason for this!

what do you mean nolips, ahh, i'll ask ya on msn

The challenger could be good, but as the model has no proper LOD levels its imo. pretty useless for any real missions.

The Starfighter hasnt enough thrust.it should be faster than the Tornado...

Some weapons would be nice too and it aint got neither a 30mm nor 2000 rounds for it...got a 20mm vulcan.

It wasn't so long ago that people were whining at modders for not releasing addons until they were perfect. "Release the Beta's," they said, "We'll offer constructive criticism," they said. Now that's done, they're whining 'cos they're not finished.

Some people are never satisfied!  biggrin.gif

wardog is right... people will never be happy about what they get. but i think the f104 was just released a bit to early.... its a good model but its not completly finished (it has no rockets for example).... g8 mod released 4(!!!wink.gif addons yesterday. the E-2, the apc's the mp5a4 and the F104 .... theyre working really fast...but maybe they should have waited one or 2 days with their starfighter

Keg what do you mean by proper LOD. I dont know about this type of stuff, but I think you mean how it looks at 10, 50, 100.... meters away right? I did not notice anything like that. I put a guy in the car and watched him drive away and it looked fine. One problem I do have is that the sound will loop over and over when at max rpm. I think if he did some touch ups to it that it could be perfect. example.... inside view of window frame. I really wish BIS would make other stuff run out of fuel faster like this addon. My first car I had was a 1971 Cougar with a 351 Clev. I think I got about 10 miles per. gallon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 28 2002,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"We'll offer constructive criticism,"<span id='postcolor'>

This is the constructive critisism!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R71 @ July 28 2002,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Keg what do you mean by proper LOD.<span id='postcolor'>

Proper LOD as in 5-6 low-polygon models which are to be used in distance. Right now the car is pretty much all the time rendered in full detail, not matter how far away it is or how many other units there are in-sight. This is bad for framerates.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 27 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ July 28 2002,17:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"We'll offer constructive criticism,"<span id='postcolor'>

This is the constructive critisism!<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmmmmn, G8's addons are getting Steadily worse, i must say, i think the Awacks Beta is awful, why release it? the textures suck, parts of the model are messed, the cockpit isnt nice, in their screens it showed a pilot as radar or something, where are the extra seats? i think G8 should release their addons when they are fully done and good quality, i'd rather wait than download a load of crap (dont say if ua dont like it dont download it, i heard that enuff times) <span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Dodge's config.cpp is pretty shit <span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, right.

The dodge challenger was nice. Very good off road too. Havent tried the 104 yet. The Awacs was okay but hey its a beta what do you expect.

The dash lights need to be fixed. I also notice some odd thing happen with the lights when the front end took some dammage. It was only from far when you could see the light problem, but it looked like a big square block of light in front.

Uh the dodge is nice to drive around with but when you put the AI behind the wheel and tell him to drive somewhere he just goes offroad the straightest way to the place u told him to go and he doesnt stop to evade threes, men, buses, tanks etc etc wich makes the AI pretty suicidal because the Dodge is FAST... oh well i still like it cuz theres nothing better than the late 60s early 70s American muscle cars

Starfigher is a crap cps it doesn't have any rockets. And to get it airborn you must have a really LONG airstrip. Dodge is good for driving by yourself but not for AI.