fred41

Arma Server Monitor (very small, but useful)

Alright i also have this installed now :) So far i'm loving it to bit's (30min in) but will observe it a bit longer, especially hope to gave some valueble readings from just before server crashes and around lagspikes.

2 suggestions that came to mind, that would make it even more enjoyable:

- Ability to make the window wider, and thus allowing londer test for mission name, and more historic data on the right graph.

- Ability to see server instance (name or foldername or profile name) so i can indentify what server i'm looking at.

Great job, this looks extreamly usefull so far !! Respect !

- Ability to make the window wider, and thus allowing londer test for mission name, and more historic data on the right graph.

- Ability to see server instance (name or foldername or profile name) so i can indentify what server i'm looking at.

Thanks for your reply and suggestions, ideas are always welcome :)

There is an update available:

- history graph extended from 200 to 800 samples, width of history window adapted

- internally diag_frameno replaced by diag_fps to allow more dynamical monitoring

Showing more then the PID from the server instance is a good idea, let me look what is possible here.

Greets,

Fred41

Edited by Fred41

... last early morning update ...

Better visualisation of lags is now available via popup menu (RMB, FPSmin).

The combination of diag_fps value with the diag_fpsmin value allows a much better detection of "slow frame" series in history graph.

To use it, please update ALL related files from my github repository (ArmaServerMonitor.exe, ASMdll.dll and ASM.pbo).

ENJOY :)

Hi Fred, any plans to allow data output for web view

Hi Fred, any plans to allow data output for web view

Hi Terox,

lets say iam still flirting with the idea of generating xml output, but it is not WIP currently.

(I assume you have noticed, that remote viewing via ArmaServerMonitor in client configration, is already possible?)

I download now !

For me it is a great stuff :)

add some screens to first post with up2date visuals ;)

I download now !

For me it is a great stuff :)

Thanks Luki_M2K, i am really glad to hear that :)

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

add some screens to first post with up2date visuals ;)

... i tried, but for some reasons my new pictures are displayed only as link:confused:, so i have just updated the picture in my github repository instead ...

BTW: isn't it weekend in Czech Republic today:rolleyes:

there is picture limit 100kb that's why it's automatically changed to url

Thanks Luki_M2K, i am really glad to hear that :)

You're welcome ! I love this program :)

Hi,

I've installed the ASM as described on the GitHub. Only FPS is monitored, the other stats stay at 0.

ASM reports 64.2 FPS, whereas #monitor reports 50.

This happens regardless of the mission played.

I'm running the server on Linux Wine.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks.

Edited by GID_Sacha

Hi,

I've installed the ASM as described on the GitHub. Only FPS is monitored, the other stats stay at 0.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks.

Hi, GID_Sacha, thanks for your report.

To be honest, ASM is not tested under arma->wine->linux environment and iam not really familiar with wine.

But i know that a lot of arma servers running on linux via wine, for good reasons.

So i think it make sense to adapt ASM to run with wine too, if this is possible.

If you are interested to help here, we could clear this issue out together. I will contact you per PM soon.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi,

Any ideas why ?

Thanks.

Hi there Sacha, you're saying that the statistics returned by the application are incorrect when the ARMA server is run through WINE and this client application from Windows? Can you run the ARMA server under WINE with logging enabled and use this application to attempt to retrieve statistics again? To enable logging on Linux, append '2>&1 > logfile.txt' to the 'wine ...' command you use to run the server - you can message me a link to the log file saved on Pastebin or similar and I'll see what I can deduce. Unfortunately, I can't really do any testing of my own at the moment.

Hi there Sacha, you're saying that the statistics returned by the application are incorrect when the ARMA server is run through WINE and this client application from Windows? Can you run the ARMA server under WINE with logging enabled and use this application to attempt to retrieve statistics again? To enable logging on Linux, append '2>&1 > logfile.txt' to the 'wine ...' command you use to run the server - you can message me a link to the log file saved on Pastebin or similar and I'll see what I can deduce. Unfortunately, I can't really do any testing of my own at the moment.

@Kindling, hello and thanks for your offer to help with wine.

Sacha told me, he is a few days away from keyboard, maybe we need your help if he is back :)

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

update:

profileName now available, this should help to better identifiy your instance (thanks kamaradski for idea).

Just use the -name=someinstance param in your commandline and someinstance will be shown in ASM.

Because of the latest changes in arma 3, i had to change from forced=1 to preInit=1 in configFunctions

to automatic start fn_ASM.fsm at mission start.

To continue using ASM, please update ALL files as described in readme on github repository.

Enjoy,

Fred41 :)

UPDATE:

... counter for all allMissionObjects added, that should help to check if cleanup routines works correctly ...

I believe calling " allMissionObjects" is quite heavy on the cpu especially if it is looping

This may be better suited to a debug script than a remote monitor tool

I believe calling " allMissionObjects" is quite heavy on the cpu especially if it is looping

This may be better suited to a debug script than a remote monitor tool

Terox, thanks for your hint.

You are right, large arrays/loops should be used with care.

I use this

_MissObj = count allMissionObjects "";

each 30 sec. (no .sqf loop), should be acceptable even for larger missions.

Edited by Fred41

minor Update:

Object counting is now off by default (to minimize ressources consumption) and can be activated if needed.

To activate it, just change objectcountinterval from 0 to your desired interval in seconds in asm.ini (example: objectcountinterval=30).

Object counting is very helpful to identify bad cleanup or unintentional object generation in a mission,

but counting all mission objects periodical needs some ressources too.

So i recomment to activate it as long as your mission is under development to monitor this important value and optimize your mission

to a minimized object count.

Later, if everything runs smooth, there is no longer a need for this and you could deactivate it by setting objectcountinterval=0.

Edited by Fred41

as the tool is useful, i stickied it, keep your work on it

as the tool is useful, i stickied it, keep your work on it

@Dwarden, thanks for that - maybe more people will notice this tool now.

"Arma Server Monitor" will continue to be a slow update project, but is already very stable and useful too.

UPDATE:

1. Additional to counting server local AI, ASM now counts remote AI (remote from servers view) too.

2. You can now adjust the interval for objectcounting by changing the entry objectcountinterval=xx in asm.ini.

This value is in seconds. Default for object counting is still 0 (off).

ENJOY :)

Looks good. Few questions, if I may:

I've installed this on my server box, and locally can see the Arma3 server I'm hosting on the monitor correctly.

However I can't get the remote client to connect.

On the armaservermonitor.exe I'm running with -server -n1 -h127.0.0.1 -p24000 on my games server (Port 24000 opened in firewall)

On the client armaservermonitor.exe I'm running with "D:\My Desktop\ArmaServerMonitor.exe" -client -hmy.server.ip.address -p24000" (Port 24000 opened in firewall)

Client keeps saying connection error: 10060. Am I doing something stupid?

Also, any chance of getting this running with Arma2, as this is still used a lot, and would be very useful to have similar information.

Keep up the good work,

~Z~

Hi zach72,

your command lines are looking good (except the triple quotes in the client line).

Did you open the port 24000 for TCP?. This is important and wont work otherwise.

Arma 2 is not supported with the addon install method, because the preInit param, i used to start the fn_asm.fsm in cfgFunction, is not available for Arma 2.

But, if you pack fn_ASM.fsm in all missions you wish to monitor, you could start it by insert a line like this:

if (isServer) then {[] execFSM "fn_ASM.fsm";};

in your init.sqf. In this case there is no need for the addon, you only need the ASMdll.dll (and maybe asm.ini) in root folder.

(There is an other way to start fn_ASM.fsm, using extendet eventhandlers from CBA mod, see an earlier post from terox in this thread.)

Looks good. Few questions, if I may:

I've installed this on my server box, and locally can see the Arma3 server I'm hosting on the monitor correctly.

However I can't get the remote client to connect.

On the armaservermonitor.exe I'm running with -server -n1 -h127.0.0.1 -p24000 on my games server (Port 24000 opened in firewall)

On the client armaservermonitor.exe I'm running with "D:\My Desktop\ArmaServerMonitor.exe" -client -hmy.server.ip.address -p24000" (Port 24000 opened in firewall)

Client keeps saying connection error: 10060. Am I doing something stupid?

Also, any chance of getting this running with Arma2, as this is still used a lot, and would be very useful to have similar information.

Keep up the good work,

~Z~

Thanks for the quick reply Fred41

Just been back on to check....Have removed the last " in the command line, and switched all the firewall ported I opened to TCP (I had originally opened UDP) and also made them inbound and outbound rules.

Still getting the same connection error from the client. I'll try to get a clan mate to have a go, see if they can connect.

Also tried the Arma2 suggestion of writing the fsm into the mission, but no joy.

Once the mission is loaded, the server keeps throwing up the error "Program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from the computer. Try re installing the program to fix the problem."

Removed the

line from init, and all back to normal.

I added fn_ASM.fsm ASMdll.dll and asm.ini into the mission root folder, and the server arma2 root folder too, just in case!

Any more ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Once the mission is loaded, the server keeps throwing up the error "Program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from the computer. Try re installing the program to fix the problem."

Removed the

line from init, and all back to normal.

I added fn_ASM.fsm ASMdll.dll and asm.ini into the mission root folder, and the server arma2 root folder too, just in case!

Any more ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Yes,

first:

- ASMdll.dll and asm.ini have to be in your ARMA2 root folder (where the armaXserver.exe is)

- fn_ASM.fsm have to be in your MISSION root folder (where init.sqf is too)

second (i am assuming, your ARMA2 server doesnt run on the same system as your ARMA 3 server):

- it seems the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package" is not installed on your OS where ARMA2 is running!

(Re)install this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Good luck,

Fred41

Edited by Fred41