fred41

Arma Server Monitor (very small, but useful)

Hi Fred,

Quick question... can objectcountcommand0 handle and display non integers?

... quick answer, no ...

... because internally 16bit integers are processed, but, assuming you have small 'real' numbers to process/monitor, you could multiply them by a power of 10 and considering this later ...

BTW:

Happy New Year! :)

Happy new year to you too mate!

I was hoping to show 2 numbers in one. The integer and another number which would be displayed as the mantissa. So if I wanted to show 20 and 30, it would show 20.3

But if it can't be done, no biggie, I'll just use 2 of the objectcountcommandfields. :)

... if the expected ranges of your two integers are small (0..499;0..99), you could do it like this:

objectcountcommand0=(count whatever_1)*100+(count whatever_2);

To use your example, if (count whatever_1) returns 20 and (count whatever_2) returns 30,

you would see a value of 2030 in OC0.

At the end you would save on object counter, but have to remember how to interpret this value.

Happy new year Fred.

With the updated .dll file can I get away with just replacing that or do I need to replace all the files in ASM binary and mod?

Happy new year Fred.

With the updated .dll file can I get away with just replacing that or do I need to replace all the files in ASM binary and mod?

Hi, and happy new year, too :)

In case of the last minor update, replacing the .dll is enough.

Greets,

Fred41

i still encountering the bug with logs, if server uses -autoInit and -loadMissionToMemory

it restarts too fast and ASM stops logging new instance

i still encountering the bug with logs, if server uses -autoInit and -loadMissionToMemory

it restarts too fast and ASM stops logging new instance

... just now tested, didn't found any problem in respect to -autoinit and -loadMissionToMemory ?

after several (4-10+ mission restarts) it stops to log ...

... ah, maybe i misunderstood your first problem description.

You probably mean, that additional instances are not showed correctly, if you previously restarted a mission multiple times (without to fully restart this instance), right?

That could makes sense, let us try a little fix. I will upload a updated asmdll.dll soon, let me know how it helps.

this is just 1 server running on the machine , it's normal mission restart after score win (KOTH mission)

after several cycles it cease to log

it's more likely related to fact the mission with those commands restarts nearly instantly ;) {ye blazing fast}

experimental Update (1.35 exp):

For everybody with similiar problems, as described by dwarden, there is an experimental version (1.35) available for TESTING.

It is not much tested for now, i don't have enough time yet. So better don't use it for production, especially if you relly need the logged data.

Only 'asmdll.dll' and 'ArmaServerMonitor.exe' needs to be replaced this time.

As usual: feedback is welcome. If it works, it goes to replace 1.34 later.

Edited by Fred41

... 10 day later and nobody tested 1.35?

Rolling back to 1.34.

... 10 day later and nobody tested 1.35?

Rolling back to 1.34.

I did, was working flawlessly so far in relation to logs rotation too

I didn't posted about it cause I had all servers on Release Candidate and not enough 'player traffic'

so, please put 1.35 back or make it stable ;)

1.35 works great! Now I don't need to let my HC wait with starting untill ASM responds on the server.

Yes. such a shame you've decided to stop this one, though having read your reasons, I can certainly sympathise with your thinking.

If you are not planning to update it, are you planning to maintain it? I mean, if something in the game breaks ASM in the future, are you likely to be issuing a fix?

Fred,

Is there anyway to get the CPS value in-mission?

Thanks

Tanky

I used 1.35 exp for some time now and it seems to run fine, no issues so far =). Thanks for making this tool

Anyone had an issue where ASM won't read server performance data for servers that are run through FireDaemon as a service? My test server still uses a batch file and ASM gives performance stats fine for it, but not my two production servers which are run through FireDaemon. Any ideas?

**** Update **** Got it working! I installed ASM as a service in FD, then created a shortcut to ASM on the desktop and added these startup params " -client -h127.0.0.1 -p24000"

ASM runs by default as a "server", so by using the above params you are using the second instance of ASM as a client to connect to the "server" which is running as a service on FD. Works perfectly!

Edited by mdswish

How to add "Headless Client" with ASM to a keycheck server? Didnt find a key...

Do we even need a key for the headless client to connect ?

It used to work without one.

Does anyone have ASM working on Windows with the latest A3 stable build? It seems to have stopped showing data for us.

I've noticed that I have to make ASM show more instances. Right click in the left box. I use it to monitor my two servers and I have to make ASM show 3 instances. The topone appears blank and my server data appears in the second and third instance.

I think I may have found the issue.

There is a mod on PlayWithSix "@ASM" (Command & Control C2) which is not Arma Server Monitor and which has overwritten our original folder. Either an auto update or one of our admins mistakenly thinking it needed updating.

I'll reinstall ASM and imagine it will start working again.

Hopefully this might be useful to anyone suffering a similar problem.