Sign in to follow this  
njmatrix

What ArmA 3 is missing

That's the Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising logo.

Yes, I wrote down the whole name...

Now we just need some non deadly headshots.

Now we just need some non deadly headshots.

Bet you haven't played it recently then??

That's the Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising logo.

Sir, would you please follow around here. :blues:

:torture:

I don't follow :confused:

Yeah I would second that sentiment. I am a fan of it along with ArmA series but it turned into a pretty good game with the community based stuff. One of my all time favorites actually. This just means we can put team logos on vehicles tho which will be nice.

Edited by njmatrix

I don't follow :confused:

A second headshot is lethal now instead of 3rd. That's 33% improvement

You guys really are behind with the times on this game. Goes to show how much you all can't stand it for the debaucle that is CM. I don't blame ya. But the community is supporting it now and in all honsety all the slating you guys give DR, its all outdated now.

I've played DR a number of times and like njmatrix I am also big fan of the game. the amount of times my session has ended due to some sneaky PLA shitbag getting a headshot on me is uncountable. Let alone the amount of times I have gotten off a good headshot. One shot one kill! thats all I am saying!

I've played DR a number of times and like njmatrix I am also big fan of the game. the amount of times my session has ended due to some sneaky PLA shitbag getting a headshot on me is uncountable.

If you had more than 3 soldiers with you I'm sure it would've been possible to prevent it.

This comment truly reveals how little you know about that game. Have you ever played it??

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

If you had more than 3 soldiers with you I'm sure it would've been possible to prevent it.

And this one is a sure sign that you've never played any of the community made missions for it.

Nice'd

@Tvigorous

Hey did you enjoy the 64 item limit I sure as hell did!

yeah I did! but I think the term "smoke and mirrors" gets used quite alot. SLT and D-Day and IW proved that.

anyway back on topic, I bet the helos would look pretty nice with those logos on too! lol!

lol someone needs to make the island I would love to continue on the island in A3

Nice'd

@Tvigorous

Hey did you enjoy the 64 item limit I sure as hell did!

It certainly isn't ideal, but it's manageable. If you know how approach it you can make a 64 entity limit feel like a pretty good sized battle. Try Squad Level Tactics or This is War to get a feel for what I'm talking about.

The name was the worst thing CM could have done IMHO. It's certainly not a flashpoint game, but still a great game in its own rite.

lol someone needs to make the island I would love to continue on the island in A3

I think the immensely talented Fromz is working on stuff you could find intersting ;)

He also hinted towards creating a proper version of the Skira island if the new/better mod tools are there

The name was the worst thing CM could have done IMHO. It's certainly not a flashpoint game, but still a great game in its own rite.
The sad part is, this reminds me of Resident Evil: Raccoon City and the post-Chaos Theory Splinter Cell games... perfectly functional games burdened with a brand that they shouldn't have been.

Yes I know there are user missions like IW which I played a lot of actually with a couple friends but man the EGO engine just doesn't handle under that stress. DR was one of my most anticipated games in a long time and It thoroughly disappointed us all to some more than others.

There were way too many things promised but not kept and overall the support was just abysmal. Any who this is going quite off topic.

Arma 3 is missing Deferred shading which the BIS developers have stated they really want to incorporate into Arma 3 but due to time and resources they cannot as of yet.

yeah I did! but I think the term "smoke and mirrors" gets used quite alot. SLT and D-Day and IW proved that.

How? Did they find a way around the limit? Last time I played I'd thought someone had gotten it up to 80 but not sure. Spawing and despawning is lame as that kills continuity of the sandbox world. I forget the guys name -but he was a rabid DR proponent and he made a dynamic mission but at the 'base' you had to go up to poles to get that vehicle group to spawn -while others despawned. No thanks.

Ohh so there was a "headshot" problem, didn't notice that.

But froggyluv maybe they even used those smoke and mirrors to remove hitscan, make AI not being fools that will just rush you and add cool new islands that don't look like a brown copy pasta of the same tree. Maybe they even brought the game into 2000s by adding a basic leaning. Maybe there's smoke and mirrors that add medics too.

Edited by metalcraze

But froggyluv maybe they even used those smoke and mirrors to remove hitscan, make AI not being fools that will just rush you and add cool new islands that don't look like a brown copy pasta of the same tree. Maybe they even brought the game into 2000s by adding a basic leaning. Maybe there's smoke and mirrors that add medics too.

you don't arf do a lot of complaining about games. Is there anything you do like?

Anyway, BOT! I wonder if we could paste some of the compound buildings with these logos. What I reckon would look cool also if we could make a flag with the DR logo.

Oh yes.... It is a shame that Skira never was completed for Arma 2. I was so eager to create the Dragon Rising Campaign for it but ohwell..:(

EDIT: You guys talk about headshots. Made me think of this Classic:

;)