Sign in to follow this  
mrnemesis

ArmA updated to 0.56 and -server does not allow clients to join.

Updated both client and server to 0.56.104778 via steam and now no users can join any of my servers. No changelog is available to see if this is official or not. Am running the servers using the -server tag.

Any help greatly appreciated as this has shut down our 5 server community!!

I would if I had it? Wasn't deployed in the latest update for the alpha branch. No changelog to say it is needed nor a link to a dedi server. Are you running a dedi server.exe? If so where did you get it and where is the supporting doco?

The update is official and SPOTREP is coming up, but we are wanting to verify the issues you are having.

This update is purely a hotfix to improve the security situation and does not yet contain the stand-alone DS binary.

Are you getting any further warning messages or errors?

this is the screen I get stuck on when trying to join a 0.56 server with 0.56. Just after clicking to join, just before the lobby; no error messages.

Y5f7C6U.jpg

Edited by incontrovertible

Thanks for the update DnA. I get no errors both in the console, rpt or server.log. The console shows the user connecting but they get stuck on the splash screen with the "this is a alpha" message at the top right.

I have tried with/without restarter.exe, without missions set in the server.cfg, a single instance only, and with steam in online and offline mode and still no joy. Don't know if that helps.

I would if I had it? Wasn't deployed in the latest update for the alpha branch. No changelog to say it is needed nor a link to a dedi server. Are you running a dedi server.exe? If so where did you get it and where is the supporting doco?

Ahhh ok sorry mrnemesis. I forgot that it was added as standard to the DEV version. I only use the DEV version so that was the source of my confusion.

Sounds like DnA is on the case!

I'm not sure to be honest - having just played on a public 0.56 Dedicated Server without problems. There may very well be some issues due to the hotfix nature of this update. We feel at the moment improving the security situation is most important. Any other admins here with suggestions for mrnemesis, or similar issues?

We had a similer thing happen last night and it was all down to steam doing updates :)

Everyone on the server lost connection at once, server kept running probably because it's using the server.exe.

Most managed to get back online but some couldn't and gave up for the night, Steam update was the cause.

Just fired up my Servers. Can connect without problems!

Are you using verifySignatures=2 ? it takes some time until you are in the Lobby

Running mods?

Best regards

Thanks guys, trying your suggestions right now and will be doing a full server reinstall.

Just to confirm with you guys, you are running 0.56 using the -server method to run a server?

We do have one theory which may cause issues and if it's confirmed, we'll hotfix the hotfix (a dependency in Data_F addon). It's being tested right now - but does not explain why some servers work and some don't ;)

OK tried a fresh arma 3 install on server with no mods, missions or other files(eg acre user config) and the problem still persists. Also tried with clean clients(ie no mods in the install directory). Had a few community members try and connect and same problem, freeze on startup screen.

If you want to try to connect filter by day0 in multiplayer browser, I only have 1 server up atm called Day0.com.au | Server #1 | COOP

I got the same problem on my dedicated server. While launching our private server + Public one, I can join the first launched but not the second.

It seems that you can only launch one at a time because when I shutdown the private and reboot the public, the public worked.

Hope that will help

I got the same problem on my dedicated server. While launching our private server + Public one, I can join the first launched but not the second.

It seems that you can only launch one at a time because when I shutdown the private and reboot the public, the public worked.

Hope that will help

I can't even get 1 server to start mate...

Also just found heaps of this error in the server rpt when a user tries to connect:

Server error: Player without identity incontrovertible (id 803292961)

BTW have this users permission to post his details.

Has the update been pulled out? Mine doesn't seem to want to update to 0.56

I dunno mate. It seems you got a matching problem between your server and client.

Regarding the server settings I use in my .bat file:

start "" /wait "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -server -port=2345 -config=server.cfg -noSplash -noSound -nopause -mod=@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib;@CBA_A3; -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=6144

And in my server.cfg. I've updated some settings such as:

//password = ""; (not just "password = "";") -> for public server

VerifySignatures = 0;

Has the update been pulled out? Mine doesn't seem to want to update to 0.56

No, and we are presently uploading one small hotfix (Data_F add-on needed a small update to avoid errors about A3_Modules_F_Sites). You've tried restarting your Steam Client?

We're running the Dev build with the new server.exe, no problems here :)

start arma3server.exe -nosplash -port=2302 -config=cfg\config.cfg -world=Stratis

No, and we are presently uploading one small hotfix (Data_F add-on needed a small update to avoid errors about A3_Modules_F_Sites). You've tried restarting your Steam Client?

Yep just did to no avail. Even tried to switching to normal and back to dev.

Dev is 0.55, stable is 0.56.

PS: It seems to be a hotfix, aka just engine updated and very little data.

In other words most data changes from dev branch/0.55 are currently NOT in stable/0.56.

Oh I see stable is now one version ahead of dev? Confusing is not a world LOL

Still having issues despite the hotfix. The server starts "fine" from the look of it, then just sits there. People can connect (traces in the server logs) but cannot reach the lobby.

In the rpt, the server goes up to that point and does nothing after that:

=======================

String STR_A3_CfgMods_A31 not found

PhysX3 SDK Init started ...

PhysX3 SDK Init ended.

String STR_A3_Ruins0 not found

String STR_A3_CfgVehicles_thingX0 not found

String STR_A3_CfgMods_A31 not found

Full reinstall didn't help.

Now anyone trying to connect generates "Server error: Player without identity" thousands of times in the rpt...(with the incorrect steam ID indicated).

edit:

Very easy to reproduce this...

- Install latest stable build

- Start the client with -server parameter

- Connect to it via another client

- rpt spammed with Server error: Player without identity (and wrong steam UID).

Edited by Twix

;2386810']Dev is 0.55' date=' stable is 0.56.

PS: It seems to be a hotfix, aka just engine updated and very little data.

In other words most data changes from dev branch/0.55 are currently NOT in stable/0.56.[/quote']

I a little clarification if possible. I switch to the "NONE-opt out of all beta" for this update and then...when do I switch back to the "Development-Developent build" option?

or I just have the whole thing wrong? :)