Sign in to follow this  
species1571

Bugs in 1.05.0026

Game is frequently alternating between extremely bright and extremely dark.

Starting a strategy game with full tech, some items are still not available for production (carrier flak guns, carrier shell cannon, hammerhead, manta shield, walrus laser mk II).

Supply barque is sometimes not reaching the carrier when at an island. You have to leave the island for the barque to arrive, this would be a problem if you already were out of fuel. When returning to stockpile, the barque is sometimes not getting all the way back, instead it gets part of the way back then magics itself to the stockpile, leaving the rest of its course still visible on the map.

Enemy carrier coming into range is sometimes not visible on the map, even when it is actually there and fighting.

Adding weapons to a manta which already has an ammo box fitted is sometimes not giving the extra ammo.

Manta missiles continue to fire at the previously locked target, even when the lock has been broken or switched to another weapon.

Flares are not being replenished when docked at the carrier.

Flare launcher modules are being lost, possibly when the manta lands at the carrier with empty flares.

Hi Species,

thanks for your feedback.

The thing with items which you dont have with full tech level is by design. You always have to find the most powerfull items.

The other things we try find and fix.

If you manage find some repro-steps, it definitely helps.

Thanks

Thanks. I think it is a bit misleading having those items unavailable even in a full tech game, it's not what I would expect. In the previous beta, I played a full game on minimum tech and the Walrus laser mk II never got unlocked even after capturing all islands, I will keep a lookout and see if that has been fixed)

Loading a saved game while you are in timewarp causes the game to crash, unless the game you are loading into was in timewarp when it was saved.

Just downloaded yesterday and really like the game a lot... The extreme changes in the weather are an issue though with the latest beta patch. A couple of islands the Walrus headlights did not work either.

*Also, is there anyway to make the advisor voices louder? I find them very quiet over notice of the carrier/mantas/walrus

Game is frequently alternating between extremely bright and extremely dark.

If it helps any with debugging, pressing the printscreen key is causing the brightness to quickly fade back to the correct level when this happens.

Can also confirm those problems above. Also:

- when starting a strategy game, the tech slider text seems to be missing (looks like a placeholder text)

- when starting the campaign, the intro cut scene (where your pod ship is entering the atmosphere and crash lands) has no sound

I installed the PC version (1.1.xxx, non steam) and updated to 1.4.xx first, then to 1.5.0026 now. Maybe I need to reinstall completely and only install patch 1.5.0026?

- when starting the campaign, the intro cut scene (where your pod ship is entering the atmosphere and crash lands) has no sound

I forgot to mention, the other day I went back and played the endings of the campaign and I found the same thing with both ending cutscenes, the sound fades out going into the cutscene and stays silent until the end credits music. I have just now tried starting a new campaign and get the same thing with the opening cutscene. There's about half a second of the sound of the water, then silence up until the computer voice says "personnel mark 2 combat shield activated" so this must be a problem with all cutscenes. I don't have the missing tech slider though.

I get the same thing that Sirrus was mentioning about the text of the tech slider. The tech slider is there, but it is labeled "#strat_settings_tech_level". I also see similar labels on the sliders for the number of UEC islands and the number of APA islands. I'm using version 1.05.0026 and my game is the retail version (on a disc). I'm hoping BIS fixes this labeling in the next patch.

Edited by Rob04

Still finding some bugs that have been annoying me such as when both carrier's are in battle while passing by each other they can get locked and nether I or the enemy carrier can move but only shoot at each other, its a good that I save it just before a battle with him or I would of lost a lot of game play its happed about five time since i've been playing with the new patch.

Their is also the fact you can both still pass through each other in combat which doesn't make any sense, you could have it so you bounce off each other and loose a bit of energy at the same time just like you do when you ground your carrier.

I also still get manta's getting stuck on trees and hills and the lighting thing is a nuisance in battle as it gets that bad you cant see what your doing but apart from that I've really enjoyed playing the game even before the bugs where getting fixed and fixing the bugs only makes a great game better so good job and keep up the good work.

Bugs I encountered in Patch 1.05.026 for PC. Slipping in Vatland down the mountain (the northern moutain chain moving north to the water), the walrus stuck half in the bottom half with wheels in the air, and gradually desintegrated himself, After conquering the island with the AA-Nests, the walrus eight began to fly and dock itself in matter of seconds (to be honest I destroyed just the main power and the backup, then I squeezed myself through the little rocks and hacked the command center http://www.flickr.com/photos/salvo682/8845069227/ Just for demonstrative purpose this snapshot is from the strategy game, but it works in the campaign.).

I still have not finished the game. The light changes when entering a shadow of a mountain and full light are impressive. And are very nice. I miss a nightmode in my helmet, though. Which gives me the advantage the enemy already seems to have.

All in all, Patch 1.05.026 is on the right road, but should remain in the current state, BETA. Well done Developers !!

All this bugs happend in the campaign mode.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Can also confirm those problems above. Also:

- when starting a strategy game, the tech slider text seems to be missing (looks like a placeholder text)

I installed the PC version (1.1.xxx, non steam) and updated to 1.4.xx first, then to 1.5.0026 now. Maybe I need to reinstall completely and only install patch 1.5.0026?

You should have made a copy of the folder which contained 1.4.xx, before updating to 1.5.0026. I suggest to make like you already implied, all new. First updateing step by step til 1.4.xx and then copy all the contents of the carriercommand folder to a backup folder with a name like = CCGM-Backup-14. This way you loose just the savegames, but not the stable version of the game.

Edited by Antares

Patch 1.05.026

Dialogue in campaign far to low. Can't hear a word over sound effects and/or music.

When my view gets anywhere near the sun/horizon I get screen white-out. Can't you turn the bloom down a few thousand notches. It could have something to do with this (Game is frequently alternating between extremely bright and extremely dark.) which happens to me all of the time.

Edited by Dajunka

After trying out both 1.4 and 1.5-beta, I can confirm that there is a serious lighting bug in 1.5-beta. It appears to randomly switch from normal lighting to pitch black and then near screen white-out. This does not happen in 1.4 at any time.

AMD 7850, latest drivers, no problems in any other game.

I have tried adjusting all of the graphics setting without any success.

Just in case the lighting bug might be hardware related I'm playing on a A10 5800k APU which is essentialy an AMD Radeon HD 7660D and I get the same lighting bug.

In case it is needed here are my specs: ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650 (Internal DAC 400 mhz and 2807 MB Memory at the moment I ran the DXDiag) It´s a notebook. Windows 7 prof 64 bit manages the grafix side. Resoultion of the desktop : 1152 x 864 32 bit color - Resolution of the game 1024x768 32bit color. Never been complete white and never complete dark, when I am playing. Complete Dark only at evening behind a mountain, but I guess that should be that way....

I don't believe it's hardware or driver related, I'm on Geforce 8800GTS in sli. Vista x64.

Yes I don't think it's hardware related, I have an Nvidia geforce card too and both ATI and Nvidia users are getting the same thing,

Hi everybody,

about that "lighting issue", we were able to reproduce it and now we are working on some fix.

Sorry about that.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

about that "lighting issue", we were able to reproduce it and now we are working on some fix.

Sorry about that.

Thanks

I hate to sound like a jerk, but a) how does this even happen? and b) how long until the fix is ready? kinda makes the game hard to play.

Also - have you checked the cutscenes lately in the strategy game? The last 4 or 5 cutscenes have no sound volume.

Checked this against a previous version install - they are definitely muted.

Hi everybody,

Sorry about that.

Thanks

I have seen the lighting sometimes go very dark in the strategy game during part of the cutscene that comes up whenever I destroy the enemy carrier. I think the lighting also sometimes goes very dark in part of the background graphics of the main menu. I often see it if I wait long enough. Of course, I also have seen the lighting go very dark and very light during gameplay sometimes, too. I just wanted to mention I saw the problem in that cutscene and the background graphics of the main menu in case this would help in fixing this lighting problem during gameplay.

Edited by Rob04

Found a new bug [1.05.0026] I just launched a walrus that got stuck in the front end of the carrier.

A very strange thing happened to me one time. I was in battle, and my lift gate got damaged while I was bringing a manta to the deck. Somehow my manta got stuck INSIDE the carrier and I could still fly that manta! I was actually able to fly my manta all around the inside of the carrier. I couldn't believe that could happen, but it did. I tried to dock a walrus and fly my manta out that way, but I couldn't do it. I timed it right, but there seemed to be some kind of invisible barrier that prevented my manta from leaving the inside of the carrier. I finally had no choice but to load a previously saved game. It was VERY strange.

Yeah, I was like the figurehead, but could look around and see broken bits of the inside of the carrier. I first I couldn't get free, but after bashing the hell out of my keyboard in frustration it sort of re-docked itself. :)

Yeah something similar happend to me a few times before, if you are fighting the enemy carrier and your lifts get disabled while the manta is rising to deck it can lead to some strange results.