bangabob

Enemy occupation system (eos)

@strider42 I also noticed something curious:
seats that are capable of "Fire From Vehicle" always get occupied by units from the "_crewPool". This means that the Qilin, the Prowler, and the offroad pickup will be almost entirely always filled with only said units.

And as a result, those vehicles are effectively useless for use in the "_MotPool" category.

I also have a few significant changes that I have done to portions of code, that I think it could be interesting for me to send you a PBO of the mission for you to unpack and check out.

On 3/9/2022 at 3:06 AM, strider42 said:

You are obviously correct, endless resspawning, is not what it is supposed to be doing.

I'll look into it when I can but it may be a while.

Have you looked at getting EOS to work along side a Headless client? maybe alleviate some of the lag spikes on big spawns?

On 5/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, LuizBarros99 said:

@strider42 I also noticed something curious:
seats that are capable of "Fire From Vehicle" always get occupied by units from the "_crewPool". This means that the Qilin, the Prowler, and the offroad pickup will be almost entirely always filled with only said units.

And as a result, those vehicles are effectively useless for use in the "_MotPool" category.

I also have a few significant changes that I have done to portions of code, that I think it could be interesting for me to send you a PBO of the mission for you to unpack and check out.

I'd like to think there are many players who would like a working version of this spawn script.

May be you would consider posting a link for download?

Some areas I had tried to improve were:

1. add static weapons facing away from town in defensive position with sandbag walls as cover in 360

2. Fix the reinforcement spawn so ground vehicles would get to the ao and not stuck on a rock.

3. I was able to add a garrison script which allowed bots to spawn in buildings facing out the window and in kneeling positions.  Not my script.

4. add enemy planes to patrol the ao.

5. Add enemy boats patrolling water ways around / near ao.

May be someone else would like to take these on.

• Like 1

I can see there is a way to Deactivate an EOS by marker but is there a way to reactivate it?

Thanks

Recently started using this script, and it's fantastic. But I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem.

I'd like to use the EOS script on an area, and then the Bastion portion of it only once the EOS marker has been cleared of enemies and the marker changes to the victory color. So basically, players walk in and activate the EOS area and proceed to hunt down and clear all enemy AI. Once there are no AI left, I'd like the Bastion script to activate and the players now have to hold the zone they just captured. 

place same-sized trigger, for example triggEOS on marker with command: triggEOS setPos getMarkerPos "markerEOS";

trigger setting: enemy side not present

trigger onAct: "markerEOS" setMarkerColor "colorGreen";

1 hour ago, Nemanjic said:

place same-sized trigger, for example triggEOS on marker with command: triggEOS setPos getMarkerPos "markerEOS";

trigger setting: enemy side not present

trigger onAct: "markerEOS" setMarkerColor "colorGreen";

Thank you! 

That wasn't quite what I was looking for, but it gave me an idea to try and that worked. 

So what I did was take a copy of the OpenMe.sqf, which calls all the functions, and renamed it to baszones.sqf so I had both that and the ReadMe.sqf in the EOS folder. 

I then made a trigger and just named it bostrig for easy reference when I needed to find it, and put it over the area I wanted the bastion script to run. I set the trigger to enemy side not present. In this I added this line in the On Activation:

null = execVM "eos\baszones.sqf";

Then I made a marker and named it baszonea, the same size as the trigger. Then back in the new sqf I made, I added this line at the very bottom of it:

null = [["baszonea"],[5,3],[2,3],[0],[0,0],[5,0,WEST],[10,10,120,FALSE,true]] call Bastion_Spawn;

Now when players enter the zone it does not activate automatically. Once they kill the enemy within the zone, the trigger activates and calls the new .sqf I placed and begins the Bastion script. 

Granted, I haven't tested more than once, but it has worked so far. However this does require me to place a single enemy AI in the zone so the trigger doesn't automatically activate at the start of the mission, before any of the EOS scripts can activate and populate the area with AI. Which, really, is a small price to pay in my books and with my limited scripting knowledge.