nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

awesome ! your unit are really good ! and the barret model is perfect !

Edited by M1n1d0u

That's correct, actual STABLE should work, but not the next one. I'm always working on Dev branch so i encountered the same problem.

And yes, it's completely related to the last Dev Patch -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154605-Audio-tweaking

BIS has greatly improved the audio system (relative volume is replaced by an absolute volume adjustment, and many more...) and also changed lot of A3 Alpha sounds, so you can expect a lot of these feedback in the next days since it will break a lot of existing mods. It can be disturbing for addon makers, but i really think it'll help a lot for future developments, thank you BIS :cool:

But, i worked hard and our mod is "repaired", i'm doing tests right now. But be patient, i'll not release a new version today.

So just teasing....

I'm a bit confused. Do addon makers need to make adjustments to bring back the sounds of their weapons? I was under the impression that some sounds were just missing, and they would be duly brought back. E.g. in the mp7 I do not define the suppressor sound and it's correlated directly to the type of suppressor defined for the weapon.

I also noticed that the sound "A3\sounds_f\weapons\MX\mx-st-full-1.wav," which I use for another weapon, is missing. Has it been renamed by any chance?

Apologies for diverting your thread. Let me know and Ill continue this conversation over pm.

No problem, if it can help :)

Basically, there no more WAV sounds in the last dev, only WSS (an improved version, supporting stereo and smaller size). So if you refer to BIS .WAV in you addon, try to rename it in WSS to recover your missing sound. But there is an other problem with suppressors: WAV have been converted to WSS, but the change has not been made in BIS config files (probably in the next update...)-> BIS suppressors are broken (mines work fine)

Finally, perhaps you'll have to tune your config file because sound parameters have changed. Some reloading sound where too low to be heard after the patch for example.

Now, when you write for example:

begin1[] = {"\r3f_armes\sons\Famas_1.wss",[b][color="#FF0000"]1.5[/color][/b],1,900};
		begin2[] = {"\r3f_armes\sons\Famas_2.wss",1.5,1,900};
		begin3[] = {"\r3f_armes\sons\Famas_3.wss",1.5,1,900};
		soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.33,"begin2",0.33,"begin3",0.34};
		closure1[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\closure\closure_rifle_6.wss",[color="#FF0000"]0.39[/color],1,300};
		closure2[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\closure\closure_rifle_7.wss",0.39,1,300};
		soundClosure[] = {"closure1",0.5,"closure2",0.5};

1.5 and 0.39 are no longer relative sound levels to others sounds played at the same time, it's now an absolute volume-> you can tune exactly how loud a sound will be played, you don't have to bother with changing the volume in your original wav file. '1' is still the speed multiplier for you sound, and '900' the distance it will be heard. That's what i've understood and applyed with success :p

thank you kindly for the explanation. everything's so much clearer now!

No problem, if it can help :)

Basically, there no more WAV sounds in the last dev, only WSS (an improved version, supporting stereo and smaller size). So if you refer to BIS .WAV in you addon, try to rename it in WSS to recover your missing sound.

It should also be possible to leave out the extension completely. I have tried it with my weapons, and that makes them work under both the dev and stable builds. Reload sounds don't work, but I think they are generally missing since they don't work on some BIS weapons either.

Yes, that's correct, if you leave out extension, it will works on both versions :)

Reload sounds work for me, you just have to pump up the volume to hear them.

In your config (hope you don't mind), change:

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\reloads\new_MX.wav",0.1,1,30};

by something like that

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"A3\sounds_f\weapons\reloads\new_MX",1.5,1,30};

@GvsE (reply to your MP, it can help somebody else): Yes custom suppressors DO work if you inherit from BIS suppressors and change the extension. But Vanilla BIS suppressors won't work because actually BIS config point on missing files. When BIS will have changed .WAV with .WSS (or remove extension) in their supressors config, they will work again :p

Ok, new ALPHA 3 with lots of changes and new content :cool: SEE FIRST PAGE please.

newcontent.jpg

Hi Nanucq.

Good work on the weapons.

Question though: will the R3F team only work on weapons addons or will it work on units and vehicles aswell?

For the moment, the only thing R3F has made was weapons, but high quality. It's a pity you havent worked on vehicles with the same quality.

Two words: "infantry focus".

More specifically, it's more likely that any work done now on vehicles will end up having to be scrapped or at least modified a bunch depending on whatever changes are made to vehicles in beta when focus shifts over to them.

Firstly, thank you for continuing support of the addon and for your hard work! Top quality, as usual.

I did notice one bug though: suppressor sounds are all working as they should apart from HK417 desert camo suppressor, which has no sound (gun-metal suppressor works fine, though).

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but have you considered eliminating zooming effect from aimpoint and eotech when you switch to aiming mode? Default BIS holo and aco have no zoom, and I personally think that's a good idea as you don't have narrowed FOV.

Otherwise, yeah, outstanding job as usual. :)

Oh, and let me use this opportunity to gently ask you about more attachments, especially something nice for cqb weapons. ;)

The downlinks name is kinda confusing (in the first post):

V.2.0 ALPHA 3

>>> DOWNLOAD R3F_Armes 2.0 ALPHA 2 <<< (105 MB)

@All: Thank you !

@predator.v2: Thanks, typo corrected, link is good :)

@GvsE: Sorry, HK417 suppressors works fine with me, config inspected and OK. Focus zooming corrected. Any idea for CQB attachments ?

@wiki: One never knows...

I go back to work, one weapon and one optic already in stock for next release.

Edited by Nanucq

Thanks for the update, the M107 looks very good!

@GvsE: Sorry, HK417 suppressors works fine with me, config inspected and OK. Focus zooming corrected. Any idea for CQB attachments ?

You are right about the hk417 camo suppressor: must be some interference with my addons.

As for cqb attachments, I was thinking of microCCO (e.g. this one http://www.aimpoint.com/products/all-products/product-singleview/product/Micro%20T-1/).

I see you edited your post about the zoom. To be precise, by "aiming mode" I meant when in first person you single-click right mouse button to switch to ironsights/optics view (not: press and hold to get zoomed in). In your eotech and aimpoint the zoom kicks in already when you switch to that "aiming mode," and then some more when you hold the right mouse button. I guess you got what i meant, but still I just wanted to be a little bit clearer.

Nice update , do you plan to make any HK416 ?

...I see you edited your post about the zoom. To be precise, by "aiming mode" I meant when in first person you single-click right mouse button to switch to ironsights/optics view (not: press and hold to get zoomed in). In your eotech and aimpoint the zoom kicks in already when you switch to that "aiming mode," and then some more when you hold the right mouse button. I guess you got what i meant, but still I just wanted to be a little bit clearer.

Yes I edited; I understood a few minutes later, and you were right, there was a little zoom effect when simply aiming. It'll be solved in next release (probably when A3 Beta is out).

MicroCCO is nice :cool:

HK416 ?....let say it's on the roadmap. :)

Edited by Nanucq

Yes I edited; I understood a few minutes later, and you were right, there was a little zoom effect when simply aiming. It'll be solved in next release (probably when A3 Beta is out).

MicroCCO is nice :cool:

HK416 ?....let say it's on the roadmap. :)

I'm rather interested in seeing the HK416C variant... it's not just an invention of Medal of Honor: Warfighter after all. :p