nanucq

R3F French Weapons Pack

Awesome work being done here! I like that most of the models work and look correct right out of the box, and the plethora of attachments unique to the weapons!

Only gripe I have is that some of the optics aren't compatible with the other weapons in the game. I'm pretty sure this is a coding issue, but if it can fix, would make this addon a must have for any ARMA III user.

A+

New update has resolved the ammo box problem I was having (nothing to do with this pack).

Weapons are fantastic!!

Awesome work being done here! I like that most of the models work and look correct right out of the box, and the plethora of attachments unique to the weapons!

Only gripe I have is that some of the optics aren't compatible with the other weapons in the game. I'm pretty sure this is a coding issue, but if it can fix, would make this addon a must have for any ARMA III user.

A+

BIS issue, to an extent. Each weapon needs to be told what attachments it can use, so to make new attachments work you need to also recode every weapon. Seems a strange way of going about it, I hope they change it to be differentiate between RIS, Dovetail and so on.

Hey there, thanks all for making this, BUT is there any feedback about the at4cs not showing up when added to a unit via the addweapon command? Same as the previous post from Bl2ck Dog, no errors, just doesn't show up on unit. And yes the NLaw and other A3 vanilla launchers works fine.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Sorry i don't understand your problem. If I add in the player's init

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "R3F_AT4CS_Mag"; this addweapon "R3F_AT4CS"

It just work fine, the AT4 is added and visible. The only issue (will be fixed) is the too heavy R3F_AT4CS_Mag that can't be added directly to your inventory.

A new Alpha is on his way, with a lot corrected bugs, some new textures, some recoils adjusted, some sound tuned, scrome J8 and FRF2 are now modulables.......Work in Progress ;)

Excellent work guy, this is by far my favorite addon for Arma 2.

I understand this is an Alpha release, but will it be possible in a future update to physically/manually animate the bolt

and shell ejection on the PGM HECATE because it ejects shell before you pull back the bolt and ROF seems a bit slow,

but I still love and appreciate all the work the team has put in.

Also don't seem to get range with JIMLR.

Waiting in anticipation for next release :yay:

Nanucq i found an animation issue,if you lay prone switch to pistol then go to switch back to primary, the standup animation plays then lay down plays, then finally you switch to primary. Ive only tested with PGM but i think it happens with all weapons.

I also have a suggestion about an animation, that of the PGM bolt, if adjustable speeding up forward bolt animation in between each shot, the open bolt animation is just though.

Great Mod none the less, PEI rounds are Godlike!

Wow the weapons here are incredibly sexy

I have a pretty general question:

Why do servers accept modded weapons and magazines(E.g FHQ m4, french weapons) but not attachments? In the virtual ammobox I can't attach or get modded attachments

Edited by NMDANNY

Excellent work guy, this is by far my favorite addon for Arma 2.

I understand this is an Alpha release, but will it be possible in a future update to physically/manually animate the bolt

and shell ejection on the PGM HECATE because it ejects shell before you pull back the bolt and ROF seems a bit slow,

but I still love and appreciate all the work the team has put in.

Also don't seem to get range with JIMLR.

If I found how to do such animations (waiting for a BIS tutorial on new custom gesture feature), I'll do it. Not sure if delaying cartridge ejection can be done, never seen it before, but I'll give a look.

JIMLR have no rangefinder at the moment, it'll get one as soon as "RscWeaponRangefinder" is activated in the A3 Alpha (or beta...). don't forget that Arma 3 himself is an Alpha ;)

Nanucq i found an animation issue,if you lay prone switch to pistol then go to switch back to primary, the standup animation plays then lay down plays, then finally you switch to primary. Ive only tested with PGM but i think it happens with all weapons.

I also have a suggestion about an animation, that of the PGM bolt, if adjustable speeding up forward bolt animation in between each shot, the open bolt animation is just though.

Great Mod none the less, PEI rounds are Godlike!

Is this animation issue related to the addon or is it an animation game issue ? (sorry i'm at work, can't test until tonight). Have you got the same issue with other weapon addon (MP7, M4, M107 ?) As th PGM is a double slot weapon, could it be the answer ?

I'll take into account your remark about bolt speed animation ;)

Hey guys,

Ive made the mp7 compatible with some of your attachments. They look and work great!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150999-Christian-1987-s-Mp7-ported-to-A3

Great work, they both seem to fit well :p

Wow the weapons here are incredibly sexy

I have a pretty general question:

Why do servers accept modded weapons and magazines(E.g FHQ m4, french weapons) but not attachments? In the virtual ammobox I can't attach or get modded attachments

Because the game don't work this way. An attachement must be declared in the weapon config file.

Alwarren made a great explanation on his splendid M4 thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149507-FHQ-M4-for-Arma-3-(Prerelease)&p=2363436&highlight=attachment#post2363436

Thank you everybody for feedbacks and bugs reports, very appreciated :)

PS: if someone knows a good tutorial about haow to make an addon "ACE compatible"....:o

PS: if someone knows a good tutorial about haow to make an addon "ACE compatible"....

je me permet de te contacter en français,c'est plus simple pour moi vu que je suis français lol.Tu veux rendre ton pack compatible avec ace c'est ça?(pour arma 2 je suppose vu que ace n'as pas été porter sur A3).je peut t'aider si tu veux,vu que pour mes besoins personnel j'ai rendu votre pack compatible avec ace sur A2.

contact moi si tu as besoins,je me ferais un plaisir de t'aider.Au passage ton pack c'est de la bombe sur A3 :p

Thank you seyv for proposing your help with ACE Compatibility, i'll contact you very soon by MP (you'll probably get an infraction for speaking French unfortunately, if a moderator can avoid this, it would be great for him ;))

Thank you seyv for proposing your help with ACE Compatibility, i'll contact you very soon by MP (you'll probably get an infraction for speaking French unfortunately, if a moderator can avoid this, it would be great for him ;))

Well in fact as he summarized what he meant in his first english sentence, there shouldn't be any problem.

Sorry i don't understand your problem. If I add in the player's init

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "R3F_AT4CS_Mag"; this addweapon "R3F_AT4CS"

It just work fine, the AT4 is added and visible. The only issue (will be fixed) is the too heavy R3F_AT4CS_Mag that can't be added directly to your inventory.

A new Alpha is on his way, with a lot corrected bugs, some new textures, some recoils adjusted, some sound tuned, scrome J8 and FRF2 are now modulables.......Work in Progress ;)

Don't know what to tell you, it just doesn't show up.

I have this set up, a)In my init.sqf I have this : _nul=[]execVM"scripts\loadout.sqf";

Then in loadout.sqf:

removeallweapons S1;

removebackpack S1;

S1 addbackpack "B_Kitbag_mcamo";

S1 additem "nvgoggles";

S1 assignItem "nvgoggles";

S1 addweapon "R3F_JIM_LR";

S1 addweapon "itemGPS";

S1 addweapon "R3F_HK417S_HG";

S1 addPrimaryWeaponItem "R3F_POINTEUR_SURB";

S1 addPrimaryWeaponItem "R3F_OB50";

S1 addPrimaryWeaponItem "R3F_SILENCIEUX_HK417";

S1 addMagazine "R3F_20Rnd_762x51_HK417";

S1 addmagazine "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag";

S1 addmagazine "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag";

S1 addmagazine "handgrenade";

S1 addweapon "R3F_AT4CS";

S1 addmagazine "R3F_AT4CS_Mag";

S1 additem "minedetector";

S1 additem "firstaidkit";

Yet only the launcher doesn't show up in game...S1 is obviously my unit's name and all kit after "S1 addweapon "R3F_AT4CS";" still shows up fine, except of course that without the launcher being added the ammo doesn't load into the launcher but into the bag, resulting in some of the first-aid kit's not being loaded because the resulting lack of space. Not sure about what you mean about not being able to add the "R3F_AT4CS_Mag" directly into the inventory, it's in mine, lol! What am I missing here?

Even tried only the code directly into the units init, still the same. When replacing the launcher and launcher ammo with the Nlaw, everything shows fine, but nlaw is a litle big for my taste, the at4cs is nice and compact and a favorite since Arma 2.

I have the 0.54 update.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Thank you very much for the release!!

Very G R E A T W O R K !!!!!

:yay:

great...just skip my question, like every other jerk that plays this game

Firstly, the forums sometimes take a while for answers to come up, you want fast service, try a drive-through. Also, if you're open to suggestions, try structuring your question clearly, don't just drop a big wobbly bubble of comments in one big paragraph, MANY ppl on the forums do not speak english AS THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE, and you're the one looking for help, so try to help yourself and them by making it easy to read and understand with concise points clearly set out. Also if there's one thing I can tell you is that if you're lucky enough to NOT be warned by the moderators, rest assured that most ppl here will just ignore you if you start calling ppl names. Up to the moderators if this'll end up with a warning.

Now, there are several ways to move inventory, weapons, accessories etc. over. 1)You can drag and drop stuff from the box to the weapon. Some of the mods you mentioned sometimes give such issues as everyone is fine tuning their mod making for arma 3, so I guess I'm saying, try everything if a certain approach doesn't work, Drag n drop, right click, left click, say a prayer, WHATEVER works for the moment. The available slots on a weapon will even highlight when you drag n drop an attachment.. 2)Right clicking moves inventory for me in the vanilla game but not when using this mod, not a biggie, so I've been dragging and dropping while testing, and using scripting commands to add stuff for my missions. And before you ask, there are plenty of tutorials on how to add stuff via scripting, probably best if don't ask for advice on HOW TO SCRIPT on this thread. Hope the above helps. Be nice. Be friendly and apologise and i'll try to help you further, and remember, sometimes in life you don't get a answer by simply snapping your fingers and asking only once...not even google does that.

Lemme know how you get on.

Edited by Lost_Samurai

Would it be possible to add the posibility to sort of look above the J4 scope, like you could on the ACOG in ACE2, i.e. move your view up from the scope, and use the length of the scope itself as a rough aiming point for targets that are closer to you? Right now it's quite hard to actually aim properly against anything that comes close, either you get a very magnified view, or you pretty much blind fire.

@scrim: OK, it'll be done for tonight update (*), i'll make a temporary "above" view. I am working on a more pleasant solution for final version.

@Lost_Samurai: I think I manage to get rid of inventory issues, you can now drag&drop or right-click without problem. i also made changes to the AT4 and a mate tried your "loadout.sqf" with apparent success (you'll tell me tomorrow ;))

@tthejokerr: i didn't skip your question, but since I had no answer (at least a politically correct one...)...

(*): Correction of a lot of reported bugs, corrected documentation, a lot of textures changes, sounds adjustments, FrF2 and J8 are now separate items, PGM has a more complex bolt...plus many more i can't remember. Well, an Alpha2 (still al lot of work though) is coming out tonight, stay tuned.

Cool, cheers mate! Looking forward to it, the J4 scope is a real beauty with being able to see a bit of what's going on outside the scope. Bugs though, I have yet to discover.

Hey i don´t know if anyone have report this issue but when you stand in front of a wall with the PGM HECATE II, so that the barell goes trought the wall. You can shoot and the bullet hit behind the wall.

I am at work so i cant take a screenshot. Maybe i will upload one later.

But nice mod :)

Hey, i love this mod. Something in this pack though is causing a very significant fps drop when running it on our MP server. Anyone else having this issue?

@scrim: OK, it'll be done for tonight update (*), i'll make a temporary "above" view. I am working on a more pleasant solution for final version.

@Lost_Samurai: I think I manage to get rid of inventory issues, you can now drag&drop or right-click without problem. i also made changes to the AT4 and a mate tried your "loadout.sqf" with apparent success (you'll tell me tomorrow ;))

@tthejokerr: i didn't skip your question, but since I had no answer (at least a politically correct one...)...

(*): Correction of a lot of reported bugs, corrected documentation, a lot of textures changes, sounds adjustments, FrF2 and J8 are now separate items, PGM has a more complex bolt...plus many more i can't remember. Well, an Alpha2 (still al lot of work though) is coming out tonight, stay tuned.

Thanks for the quick feedback, I appreciate it. Can't wait!:respekt:

Can' Wait ???

Ok then:

NEW ALPHA 2 (18/04/2013): Correction of a lot of reported bugs, corrected documentation, a lot of textures changes, sounds adjustments, FrF2 and J8 are now separate items, PGM has a more complex bolt...plus many more i can't remember (still al lot of work though). REMEMBER THIS IS AN ALPHA VERSION, many things have to be done until final release (When A3 will come out), new weapons and features to come, feedbacks and bugs reporting very appreciated ;)

ENJOY ;)

See first page for download, same link ;)