Sign in to follow this  
terox

zeu_ServerSkill (Serverside AI skill setting addon with userconfig configuration)

Does this mod overwrite the AI difficulty that is set in the mission by the mission maker. For instance, I am running this mod and playing Soak's mission "A Whole of Stratis" in singleplayer, and he has set the difficulty within the mission himself.

So, if I lower difficulty using Zeus AI Skills Mod will it work properly ?

Thanks...

yes the mod overwrites the difficulty settings, that's the while point of it

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

its Scoggs :(

Also not sure how he is doing something wrong if he is joining my personal server... Maybe I missed something in the readme...

Ah, you didnt state that the two of you were on the same server , i thought this was 2 different boxes and one server wasn't working

yes the mod overwrites the difficulty settings, that's the while point of it

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Yes, I know it overrides the difficulty settings in Profile.cfg, but what about when AI is configured within the mission, which takes precedence ?

yes it overides the skill value set in the mission editor

if it didnt, it wouldn't work

Are there any Domination v2.99 servers that run Zeus? I can't see any game servers that use it.

I do have domination server 2.99f and zeus AI enabled. It works OK. I remember when I very first time started domi server it was not working but after restart of server It works.

file on armaholic is unavailable.

use the link in the first post m8

Ah, you didnt state that the two of you were on the same server , i thought this was 2 different boxes and one server wasn't working

Yeah was on the same Dedi box. Seemed to still get insta killed too. Will test more on thursday and let you know the results.

first of all thanks for this addon, hopefully it will stop everyones bitching about ai and we can get on with enjoying a3 missions.

im not very good with scripting so im trying to install this on our dedicated server but just want some confirmation on editing the .hpp file.

im assuming that _option should read _0 or _3 depending what skill we are changing?

userconfig currently looks like this

_option = [3,3]; // 1st element selects the skill matrix option

// 2nd element selects the randomisation matrix option

// The randomisation is +/- from the core selected value

// For example if you used the _option = [3,2] then the 0.45 core value will be randomised to a value between 0.35 and 0.55

so if I wanted them all the skill values the same at 3,3 should it look like this?

_0 = [3,3];

_1 = [3,3];

_2 = [3,3];

_3 = [3,3];

_4 = [3,3];

_5 = [3,3];

_6 = [3,3];

_7 = [3,3];

_8 = [3,3];

_9 = [3,3]; // 1st element selects the skill matrix option

// 2nd element selects the randomisation matrix option

// The randomisation is +/- from the core selected value

// For example if you used the _option = [3,2] then the 0.45 core value will be randomised to a value between 0.35 and 0.55

also getting this error - http://i.imgur.com/Xp6hyHa.png (154 kB)

I ran a missions with all core skills set at 0 and then tested again with all of them at 7. both times the ai seemed broken (some of them switched to handgun and didn't shoot at all, others only shot their GLs, although I could tell the differences in accuracy between both times) just FYI

Edited by Azer1234

I have no idea where you get that from.

If you do not know what you are doing, please leave the config alone, the default settings should be good

_option[3,3] refers too

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_skill = switch(_option select 0)do

{

case 0: {[ 0.35, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 0.15, 1, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 1];};

case 1: {[ 0.4, 0.25, 0.5, 1, 0.15, 1, 0.5, 0.6, 0.6, 1];};

case 2: {[ 0.45, 0.3, 0.5, 1, 0.15, 1, 0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1];};

case 3: {[ 0.5, 0.34, 0.5, 1, 0.2, 1, 0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1];};

case 4: {[ 0.6, 0.4, 0.5, 1, 0.3, 1, 0.6, 0.7, 0.7, 1];};

case 5: {[ 0.65, 0.45, 0.5, 1, 0.35, 1, 0.6, 0.7, 0.7, 1];};

case 6: {[ 0.6, 0.5, 0.5, 1, 0.4, 1, 0.7, 0.8, 0.8, 1];};

case 7: {[ 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1];};

default {[ 0.5, 0.34, 0.5, 1, 0.2, 1, 0.6, 0.6, 0.6, 1];};

};

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_rnd = switch(_option select 1)do

{

case 0:{[ 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ];}; // use this option if you do not want randomisation

case 1:{[ 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0 ];};

case 2:{[ 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0.03, 0 ];};

case 3:{[ 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0.05, 0 ];};

Well first hats off to someone finally adjusting these omnipotent beings of Stratis lol. Greatly appreciated. Here is my situation. So I gave it a go and had settings at 10,5 definitely saw results. Then I tried 0,1 However either one half of an enemy squad will completely ignore me and they seem to not be able to hit a damn thing I run straight at them each variation I try and open fire give them a second to respond and they linger about or run away but don't attack right away or pursue me. Any advice on this? Or suggested setting that mildly decreases the speed and skill of them targeting and attacking or should I Just play with one of the cases till I find it and set it to that one?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Nm Got it after some playing around. This is a great addon thanks again for the work.

terox: can you confirm the skill override any of other skill setting in a mission , and what is the performance hit of that (is it a loop?) ? on crcti , there is 200 ++ units on the map.

terox: can you confirm the skill override any of other skill setting in a mission , and what is the performance hit of that (is it a loop?) ? on crcti , there is 200 ++ units on the map.

1) its a slow loop clientside only, so performance hit is minimal

2) As per overide per mission, I don't know, every mission is scripted differently and if they do set their skills, could be done at any point. The only way to really counter this is to run a loop on the server as well. Loop code is as follows

_nU=[];
				_aU = [];
				while{TRUE}do
				{
					sleep 120;
					_nU = AllUnits - _aU;
					{if((count _nU > 0)&&(local _x))then{[_x] call Zeu_fset_AISkill}}foreach _nU;
					_aU = _aU + _nU;
				};

If you look at the code, it doesnt run the function on every unit, just the new ones that appeared since last loop.

Loop rate is once every 2 minutes.

That is not going to effect performance

Anyone making missions could simply copy the code in from the addon or do a function call when they create units via a script.

e.g. [this] call Zeu_fset_AISkill;

There are a few complints stating that the ai arent being affected since a patch i did a couple of weeks ago. this took out the serverside loop and added an init field to the units. I may reverse that and re-implement the loop, it seems to be more robust. So expect a patch this weekend.

@Spaceman.

The matrix is there for folks to experiment with. Edit the variables as you see fit, at present my recommendation is the default one. It can be better and as and when i get the time, i will improve it. I will release the development mission ythis weekend that i use to test the skill values and then if anyone who has lots of times wants to dabble and find a better balance set of values, i would greatly appreciate it.

1) its a slow loop clientside only, so performance hit is minimal

2) As per overide per mission, I don't know, every mission is scripted differently and if they do set their skills, could be done at any point. The only way to really counter this is to run a loop on the server as well. Loop code is as follows

_nU=[];
				_aU = [];
				while{TRUE}do
				{
					sleep 120;
					_nU = AllUnits - _aU;
					{if((count _nU > 0)&&(local _x))then{[_x] call Zeu_fset_AISkill}}foreach _nU;
					_aU = _aU + _nU;
				};

If you look at the code, it doesnt run the function on every unit, just the new ones that appeared since last loop.

Loop rate is once every 2 minutes.

That is not going to effect performance

Anyone making missions could simply copy the code in from the addon or do a function call when they create units via a script.

e.g. [this] call Zeu_fset_AISkill;

exactly what i though! thanks.

Hi Terox,

Great addon, works really well if I host a server locally.

Unfortunately I get the same error as Azer1234 if I try to use this on my Dedicated server.

also getting this error - http://i.imgur.com/Xp6hyHa.png (154 kB)

I am using the original userconfig un-edited, any ideas?

Cheers

when you say the original, do you mean from version 1.

if that is the case, there was instructions to delete it and use the latest one for a few patches after that

I dont get these errors anywhere, server or client, so you must be doing something wrong

When you say dedicated, is the dedicated on the same machine as your client ?

when you say the original, do you mean from version 1.

if that is the case, there was instructions to delete it and use the latest one for a few patches after that

I dont get these errors anywhere, server or client, so you must be doing something wrong

When you say dedicated, is the dedicated on the same machine as your client ?

Terox,

I too receive this error that Azer1234 and Dai-San have described. I have a remote Windows box that runs Arma3Server.exe with zeu_ServerSkills.pbo located in the Addons folder and a "userconfig" Folder in the main Arma3 installation folder that contains a zeo folder with the "zeu_ServerSkills.hpp" what was distributed with the "zeu_serverskills_v104.zip" package. No edits or changes have been made tot he .HPP and ZEU has never been on the server previously.

The server loads ARMA3 with no errors. I join the server using a remote PC running ARMA3 and when the mission is loading I receive the following error http://i.imgur.com/MNReFYM.jpg (126 kB)

The missions tested range from Xeno's Donination to Occupation V5.4. If I change Zeu from mode 2 to mode 1, I do not receive the error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all your work on this addon as it is well received by many in the Arma community.

i don't have a such problem. my dedicated crcti (with hundred of units) didn't print me this, neither on client , nor in server logfile.

Working on stable and dev KH servers with no issues here.

For those with the following issue

http://i.imgur.com/MNReFYM.jpg

Can you test your server in a closed environment and make sure none of the clients are running the addon.

if they are, it could explain this issue, especially if this is being reported at mission start

if you can absolutely rule out this, i will create a special debugging version for you to test with

Can you test your server in a closed environment and make sure none of the clients are running the addon.

if they are, it could explain this issue, especially if this is being reported at mission start

if you can absolutely rule out this, i will create a special debugging version for you to test with

Test performed and the error not only appears at mission start but also randomly appears during the mission when clearing areas and moving into others. It is my belief that the error that occurs during playing the mission, is due to new AI spawnings, spawn triggers, insurgency cycles etcetera that are scripted inside the mission.

Client is 100% clean of any Zeus mods. Server is running zeu_ServerSkills in mode 2 (2: Server & Clientside).

Still receiving error http://i.imgur.com/MNReFYM.jpg (126 kB)

Waiting for further direction.

After i figured out how to edit the config properly i dont get the error and everything is working great.

Okay folks hopefully this will fix your issues

:icon_arrow:Download version 1.5 here

The new version

1. Has been slightly optimised for network traffic
  2. Has timing changes to stop any issues with variables been called upon that haven't been received over the network
  3. Has a belt and braces system for making sure all A.I are effected
  4. The test mission used to verify the installation has been edited and renamed to Zeu_Serverskill_verification.Stratis.pbo. Delete the older version
  5. The userconfig remains the same
  6. The readme has been revamped, hopefully will be easier for some tom understand the userconfig

In addition for those that want to invest some time developing a set of values for the matrix, I have also included the mission i use to test and investigate the values

(The docs folder has more information on this)

Thanks for informing us about the newest update :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello Everybody,

i am a newbie plz sorry. I have a pc at home and i rent a server here in germany. On the server i can get via ftp-client FileZilla. Must i install the zeus serverskills via ftp-client in the arma3 SERVER FOLDER? i always play the mod, addon or mission (don't know how exactly that was) Domination (the new one USSOCOM, which works fine with the new Beta Update 0.73). But the enemys there are really silly. So i have found this Zeus Serverskills and i want to take it with the USSOCOM Domination. Wenn i Stop the server an restart i must choose the Ussocom Mission and then it beginns. I have copied the Zeus Serverskills in the Server Dir Arma 3. Now i can choose this two other .pbo. But when i will play Dom i must choose USSOCOM, right? And now works the Zeus Serverskills beside the dom Mission or not? .....

thx for your help!!!!!!!!!!