Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Who's your favorite 1985 character?

So who's your favorite soldier in the 1985 campaign?

Gastovski is the black ops guy

Armstrong is the infantry guy

Hammer is the tank guy

and Nichols is the pilot

Mine's Armstrong. You just build up more of a character with him throughout the campaign I think, although he kinda gets faded out near the end.

Ditto biggrin.gif

Starting from Armstrong's days of the assault course and running to the truck and back, working your way through the early battles, rising through the ranks and all that, gives you a real affinity for the guy smile.gif

Man.

I should have put some of the other characters. Like the guy who always says "meathead" or the guy who thought you spelled "jeep" with a g.

Yeah but you don't play as them do you? So this way it's better smile.gif

Gastovski, hes a badass tounge.gif

Yea i voted Gastovski too. Even though i wasnt exactly the best at black op missions. I liked what they wanted him to do.

PS: I dont think this is a spoiler.

Gastovski. Its all about Gastovski. I loved the spec ops missions, and his personality developed more in resistance.

I'll never forget the first spec ops missions cut scene, how the camera omensously fell on three spec ops who were to clear out the beach head for the coming tank assault.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 20 2002,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">omensously<span id='postcolor'>

....ROLFMAO tounge.gif

Armstrong and Gastovski were the only player-characters with character. The other two didn't feel like people.

Of course, the poll doesn't include characters that aren't played, so we can't vote for Fowley and Koslowski or Angelina confused.gif

Armstrong rules. He does what you bought flashpoint to do. Fight as a soldier...

I don't like Nichols 'cos hes dum and gets captured.

I don't like Hammer 'cos he has a silly name and he is incompetant and so is his tank crew (hours of time wasted making my tank turn left)

I don't like Gatovski because he reminds me of annoying stealth missions of crawling about on your stomach without ever killing anybody

But Armstrong really rules. He is class.

I voted Armstrong. He's a better character. Good plot with him. And Jamesia, it's not Nichols fault he gets captured. There was problem with his plane.

BTW, here something I noticed with that mission. When you take off from the Malden airport, your leader says you are heading EAST to Koleguev. (I can never spell that!wink.gif Yet, when you aprroach the island, its from it's own EAST side. Shouldn't it have been it's west side you are approaching?

Now, I would think that they just flew south of it, and could bomb and make a B like back to malden. But no. You head back off the islands EAST coast!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 20 2002,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Jamesia, it's not Nichols fault he gets captured.  There was problem with his plane.<span id='postcolor'>

No! NO!!! I won't acept it!!!!!! he let us all down!!!!!! He made us do that difficult escaping mission

argh!!!!!!

I won't let him take back his dignity....... NO!!!!!!!!

*breaths deeply*

If it was me I would have climbed out of my plane with my cellotape and scissors and fixed that hole over the fuel bit.... why couldn't he have done that? hes weak. thats why. hes dum. hes a fool.

*throws more darts at the poster of nichols' head*

and on a slightly more logical level, why doesn't he evade capture? If his plane crashes in a wood, he can run away.... its not hes been fighting, no,

not like Armstrong, nice, kind armstrong,

Hes just been sitting down all the time flying his plane..... why can't he run away?

<!--QuoteBegin--ACT SMILEY]Armstrong and Gastovski were the only player-characters with character. The other two didn't feel like people.

Of course+the poll doesn't include characters that aren't played, so we can't vote for Fowley and Koslowski or Angelina[/quote--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACT SMILEY]Armstrong and Gastovski were the only player-characters with character. The other two didn't feel like people.

Of course @ the poll doesn't include characters that aren't played, so we can't vote for Fowley and Koslowski or Angelina[/quote)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Yeah but you don't play as them do you? So this way it's better  smile.gif
<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

Anyway, I liked Nichols (look at my name), but I bought the game to play as a soldier, so I voted armstrong.

And it's not Nichols fault he get's captured, it's a video, he can't do anything about it.

And the A-10 would NEVER have been shot down that easilly. biggrin.gif  That thing's a TANK.

*kicks the quotes*

Work!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ July 20 2002,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteBegin--ACT SMILEY]Armstrong and Gastovski were the only player-characters with character. The other two didn't feel like people.

Of course+the poll doesn't include characters that aren't played, so we can't vote for Fowley and Koslowski or Angelina[/quote--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACT SMILEY]Armstrong and Gastovski were the only player-characters with character. The other two didn't feel like people.

Of course @ the poll doesn't include characters that aren't played, so we can't vote for Fowley and Koslowski or Angelina[/quote)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Yeah but you don't play as them do you? So this way it's better  smile.gif
<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gif

Anyway, I liked Nichols (look at my name), but I bought the game to play as a soldier, so I voted armstrong.

And it's not Nichols fault he get's captured, it's a video, he can't do anything about it.

And the A-10 would NEVER have been shot down that easilly. biggrin.gif  That thing's a TANK.

*kicks the quotes*

Work!<span id='postcolor'>

lol so shall we blame the evil people at BIS with some kind of god complex for the capture of Mr Nichols?

Its their fault he was captured..........

AFTER WE TRUSTED YOU!!!!!!!! YOU DIDN'T GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!!!!!

*cries*

I love you really BIS biggrin.gif

+ hahaa I can use quotes and Pilot person can't. tounge.gif

I voted "James Gastovski", because i like his attitude and i like specops missions.

But still, first few missions with Armstrong are the best. Little too easy though lol. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ July 21 2002,02:0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I voted "James Gastovski", because i like his attitude and i like specops missions.

But still, first few missions with Armstrong are the best. Little too easy though lol. <!--emo&:D<span id='postcolor'>

*quotes*

Eat it!

I dont know why that quote didnt work.

Anyway, it's a storyline, it's nobodys fault.  The escape mission was fun, not hard at all.

I should have voted Armstrong but Sam flies the Blackhawk...and I really like helo's.

That and playing Taxi was a bit of a break for me.

While not on the list: Koslowski smile.gif

Was anyone else freaked out when they noticed their plane rapidly loosing fuel. Where I bailed out, Nicholas would have surly drowened.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ July 20 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 20 2002,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">omensously<span id='postcolor'>

....ROLFMAO  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, that uhh........'preview post' function works pretty nice....if you use it tounge.gif

haha, a typo laughing at a typo

priceless