Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

Stratis 360°

Follow the link and see Stratis like you've never seen it before....uh....hold it.....then again, this looks familiar :p

http://www.greecevirtual.gr/en/north-aegean/agiosefstratios

Click on the 360 virtual tour box and then make your screen full screen. Look to your right once you get in the 360 degree view......look familiar?

Also, don't forget to check the map on the right. You can view all the red dots on the Whole Island of Stratis and check out the 360 view. Excellent stuff. BIS did a great job of replicating the Island.....heck, you can even see the real Basketball Court near the beach at Agia Marina... I've died there once or twice. :-)

Edited by rehtus777

great! so like the original one. its totally believable. BIS are the great masters! really good job, very interesting link :) I hear a Jet noise every 2 minutes ;)

Wow quite impressive both in terms of beauty and the attention to detail with replicating the island.

Really makes me want to go visit. The landscape is just stunning. If the let the game help promote tourism instead of arresting developers I'm sure they would get a couple extra vacationers.

great! so like the original one. its totally believable. BIS are the great masters! really good job, very interesting link :) I hear a Jet noise every 2 minutes ;)

Yes, totally believable. I wonder if the Jet plane is a subconsciousness ploy to get your mind to buy a plane ticket? :D Also, I wish BIS would employ the "Cave" on the East side of the Island near where the Light House is located in game....that would make for some interesting scenario's. But, the-fact-of-the-matter is that once Altis comes out, we'll have played Statis to death and will hardly ever visit it again..... 300 square kilometers on Altis will keep us busy for years to come.

Edited by rehtus777

_EDITED_

Removed due to being an iffy subject.

Edited by charliemilk

NATO builds the Air Base a few years from now. :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Funny. I've lived in Greece, took a shitload of photos, never been to jail. Must've been lucky.

On the other hand, I heard that in some countries you can get killed if you so much as go to school on a wrong day, or get sent to an island prison for thinking different, so please...

In any case, BI doesn't really like folks discussing the incident here.

Agreed. I will edit my comment.

Edited by rehtus777

Funny. I've lived in Greece, took a shitload of photos, never been to jail. Must've been lucky.

On the other hand, I heard that in some countries you can get killed if you so much as go to school on a wrong day, or get sent to an island prison for thinking different, so please...

In any case, BI doesn't really like folks discussing the incident here.

AH, ok. should I delete it you think?

AH, ok. should I delete it you think?

He is correct. They will close down this thread in a heartbeat. You should probably edit that post. It's no big deal.

Yes, totally believable. I wonder if the Jet plane is a subconsciousness ploy to get your mind to buy a plane ticket? :D Also, I wish BIS would employ the "Cave" on the East side of the Island near where the Light House is located in game....that would make for some interesting scenario's. But, the-fact-of-the-matter is that once Altis comes out, we'll have played Statis to death and will hardly ever visit it again..... 300 square kilometers on Altis will keep us busy for years to come.

Indeed.

Altis will provide so much stuff to look at...

Can't wait.:yay:

What I notice more than anything is the fact that stratis in game is a small scale copy.

What I notice more than anything is the fact that stratis in game is a small scale copy.

Yes, it is scaled down. In the game, the Stratis map is 8 km by 8 km. In reality, it would be 15 km by 15 km if you use the boundaries of ArmA 3 to actual size on the Earth.

Atlis is the same way. In game, Altis is 25 km by 30 km. In reality, Lemnos is 35 km by 40 km if you compare the boundaries of the ArmA 3 map to actual scale on the Earth.

As for it being a "small copy," you must remember that this is Alpha and the Dev's are giving the customers the chance to tweak their computers or to upgrade come 3Q of this year. Why? Because it takes a powerful CPU to draw all those geometric shapes on the screen. If Agia Marina was set to exact scale in the Alpha, most average CPU's would be running the game at 15 -20 fps or worse in town.

BUT, come release of Altis as-it-pertains to buildings, it's a different story. Follow this link and notice all the houses in the town during this fly-over at the 50 second mark while in Altis:

To play ArmA 3 in it's full glory over the next 5 years we're gonna need very powerful CPU's with high end GPU's. (note: I said, "in it's FULL glory". It will run on average CPU / GPU's but it won't look as pretty :p)

Edited by rehtus777

Ironically even this real life Stratis panoramic demo has blinding sun (really try to look directly at it), but not ArmA3 ;)

BIS managed to really capture the feel of the island but a few things are different

The real village has a church in the center (you can see the tower).

They should have included that in the game, I can´t think of a village in this region without a proper church.

The hill with the cemetary is higher IRL and there are ruins on the edge of the cliff.

BiS did a good job. After all they were just using it for reference. It doesn't HAVE to be identical.

On a side note: That website will wonder why there is so much interest there suddenly, LOL.

BiS did a good job. After all they were just using it for reference. It doesn't HAVE to be identical.

On a side note: That website will wonder why there is so much interest there suddenly, LOL.

Haha.... I thought about the very same thing when I saw the "views" start to rise above 200. I hope it doesn't start trouble. :raisebrow:

Haha.... I thought about the very same thing when I saw the "views" start to rise above 200. I hope it doesn't start trouble. :raisebrow:

Well I guess that may help them to realize that having their island in a game is good for tourism.

Well I guess that may help them to realize that having their island in a game is good for tourism.

Agreed. Looks like a great place to visit.

BTW, anyone who visits that website and checks out the 360 degree view at the beginning of the tour, click on "Cemetery"....that is my favorite one of all. When I see that view I'm blown away...I've fought many battles in Multiplayer with that view :cool:.....again, BIS nailed it.

Edited by rehtus777

Don't know why, but I heard the voice for the first time now.

I'd really love to see those magnificent bitches. :D

Don't know why, but I heard the voice for the first time now.

I'd really love to see those magnificent bitches. :D

Lol what?!?

the-fact-of-the-matter is that once Altis comes out, we'll have played Statis to death and will hardly ever visit it again..... 300 square kilometers on Altis will keep us busy for years to come.

Very true! Stratis will become the Utes of Arma 3