Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA III - Hellenic Armed Forces MOD - (HAFM)

@ If you're thinking of the 50 - 60 meter max model mesh size limits for Arma 2, a bunch of the Hellenic Navy patrol boats that I looked up fit within or below those limits... only the frigate would be over the absolute limit.

Sorry but I'm not following your point here ... I haven't release any NAVY units so far ... so what you are talking about ?

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

No offence taken, if anything I'm not meaning to offend your work as I couldn't do it so certainly wont knock you.

But there was something that didn't seem proportioned correctly and I couldn't place exactly what.. but I think I'm closer now.

Taking your screenshot... http://prntscr.com/10qqtj

and this (plus several other images I looked at)

I think what I am seeing is that the flashlight is a little far away from the barrel (or the flashlight is too thin), therefore it is making the fore grip look too deep. The other thing I am noticing is that the magazine looks about an inch or two short. If you compare it to the size of the hands it looks a tad on the short side, adding to the strange proportions.

This is me being very very picky though. The models look fantastic, and I've been waiting for a G36 so im very happy you added that :) And on that note, any plans to add a carry handle 4x optic with RDS on top? link would obviously look awesome on G36 but I've also seen them on M4's :)

Mate ... lets clear that ... you are talking about MP5 handguard ... not any grip !! sorry but I haven't realized that before !!

I'll have a better look on that ... promised ;)

Haha, yes sorry, hand guard. Also another small thing I noticed, the HAFM Supply Crate has a G36GL whereas the weapons crate does not, that's if my memory serves me correctly.

Haha, yes sorry, hand guard. Also another small thing I noticed, the HAFM Supply Crate has a G36GL whereas the weapons crate does not, that's if my memory serves me correctly.

About the crates ... I'll check it and fix in case you are right mate ... as for the hand guard "issue" ... as I said before ;)

Thanks

Have you ever thought about creating some Turkish military forces to compliment the Hellenic Forces? I know the Aegean is sort of a hot spot for both the Turks and Greeks. Might make for some interesting near futuristic scenarios. Also would be an even more believable OPFOR than CSAT imo. Just a thought. I really enjoy your work, Aplion. :)

Have you ever thought about creating some Turkish military forces to compliment the Hellenic Forces? I know the Aegean is sort of a hot spot for both the Turks and Greeks. Might make for some interesting near futuristic scenarios. Also would be an even more believable OPFOR than CSAT imo. Just a thought. I really enjoy your work, Aplion. :)

There is the Turkish mod team out there which is responsible for Turkish military forces creation ... also Turkey, as Greece also, are both NATO members so I believe that Turkish mod belongs to BLUFOR side.

Personally ... I don't want to mix politics with ArmA 3 game :)

Some of the aircraft cant be locked onto by air to air missiles. I think its the F-4 needs to be engaged with a maverick in order to lock on to it. At least that was my experience with the F/A-18 mod V.S. the Hellenic mod. Its a great mod just needs a few minor tweaks. Keep up the good work! I have noticed other things as well. Such as the Mirage 2000 firing the Magic missile that never quits following you.

Some of the aircraft cant be locked onto by air to air missiles. I think its the F-4 needs to be engaged with a maverick in order to lock on to it. At least that was my experience with the F/A-18 mod V.S. the Hellenic mod.

I'll have a look in this lock issue, but can you reproduce it using some other aircraft of my mod instead of the F/A-18 mod ?

Its a great mod just needs a few minor tweaks. Keep up the good work! I have noticed other things as well. Such as the Mirage 2000 firing the Magic missile that never quits following you.

Thanks for that (the "magic" issue report) ... I'll take a look on that also.

Sorry mate but I'll not make the 3d model from the beggining ... for me this game isnt flight sim ... sorry again but I'll stick on that.

I was saying that your model looks good, and I added the photo that shows how similar is to the RL one. Nothing more :)

I was saying that your model looks good, and I added the photo that shows how similar is to the RL one. Nothing more :)

Then I must apologize mate .. there was no intention to offend you in any case ... just missunderstood the meaning of the photo you added.

Sorry again for that.

I'll have a look in this lock issue, but can you reproduce it using some other aircraft of my mod instead of the F/A-18 mod ?

Thanks for that (the "magic" issue report) ... I'll take a look on that also.

As soon as I get home I'll try other aircraft like the buzzard.

hi!

I've been having the same issues locking the mod's aircrafts with ground units (AA missiles from the cheetah wont lock in any of the aircrafts either the AA gun)

Except that issue everything runs smooth and You've done such a great job!

Regards.

@C. Reyes and @Argietaco ... so it seems that this issue is a fact so no further testing is needed by your side gents ... I'll try to correct that.

Thank you both for the help provided ... appreciated.

Well darn i just tested it also as soon as i got back home. I'll go ahead and post it ;)

Buzzard (AA) will not lock on to the F-4 unless you use a AGM missile.

F-4E Phantom II cockpit reworked ... http://prntscr.com/259npb

*Locking issues also solved on all aircrafts.

** Almost all gauges are working (some of them are providing true readings and some other are just for visual enhancement).

@TU_GARYOSAVAN ... I'm glad seeing Turkish Union Mod be "back on business" in ArmA 3 ;)

YAY! Good news, Aplion! Looking forward to make an Iron Eagle mission with your F-16s... Hope rory_papylon sees this and use my idea (If I make a mission, my buddies can´t connect to my server and I´m not talented as he is to make a steamworks fashionable mission ;)

Aplion, does your jets have hidden selection, so If someone makes an IDF texture, it would work?

cheers!

;2560165']

Aplion' date=' does your jets have hidden selection, so If someone makes an IDF texture, it would work?

cheers![/quote']

Yes mate my aircrafts have hidden selections ... I'll give all details soon.

F-4E Phantom II cockpit reworked ... http://prntscr.com/259npb

*Locking issues also solved on all aircrafts.

** Almost all gauges are working (some of them are providing true readings and some other are just for visual enhancement).

@TU_GARYOSAVAN ... I'm glad seeing Turkish Union Mod be "back on business" in ArmA 3 ;)

When is the updated version expected to be released?

Glad to see that my SLUF is getting the love that she deserves!