Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

ArmA III - Hellenic Armed Forces MOD - (HAFM)

Going off of our discussion in the release thread, I was only trying to help you better understand what antoineflemming was trying to get across. I prefer the units as they are now, closer to the current era :). I think the only request I have really is to see some G3's but I've already bothered you with that enough :p

I was wondering though, is the HK21 very widely used in the Hellenic Army? Is it the standard automatic rifleman weapon, or was that just a design choice to use it? I know that it is present within the military but I never imagined it being used as a support weapon in most units. I find its inclusion very interesting and refreshing since typically we see a lot of FN Minimi/M249's and similar.

Going off of our discussion in the release thread, I was only trying to help you better understand what antoineflemming was trying to get across. I prefer the units as they are now, closer to the current era :). I think the only request I have really is to see some G3's but I've already bothered you with that enough :p

I was wondering though, is the HK21 very widely used in the Hellenic Army? Is it the standard automatic rifleman weapon, or was that just a design choice to use it? I know that it is present within the military but I never imagined it being used as a support weapon in most units. I find its inclusion very interesting and refreshing since typically we see a lot of FN Minimi/M249's and similar.

Well, regarding units appearence, I also prefer something closer to current era and this is the reason I made them look like this so far. In any case if Community wants something more close to A3 era, then I might do a separate addon with such units, without to be part of my mod. Thats the reason I've asked from antoineflemming to tell me his thoughts about as also to show me this "Greek texture" that says he has found into A3 (I haven't found anything like that so I don't know how it looks like).

Now about weapons ... I have ready in 3D the G3A3 - G3A4 and the FN-FAL. Basically are from my mod back in ArmA 1 era and they need a lot of retexturing work before to be at a decent quality for A3 importation. So let's keep that I'm working on these :)

As for HK21, it is still used by Hellenic Army as you said but most of our Special Forces use the M249 as far as I know. In fact I was thinking to make a new M249 model for my units but this is still just a thought ... we'll see about it in near future.

Definitely preferring "something more close to A3 era"!

ok then I'll see what I can do about it soon :)

ok then I'll see what I can do about it soon :)

I've got a pretty good recreation of the A3 Greek camo if you want to use it.

I've got a pretty good recreation of the A3 Greek camo if you want to use it.

I'll be glad to have a look on it mate ... I believe that you can send me the camo directly or post it as a sample image here in case it needs more discussion ... is your choice.

Thanks for supporting.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

And btw ... this is what I've got so far ... http://prntscr.com/13z4kl

Nice have you done a high poly first then low or did you direct go to low poly? :D

Usualy I'm trying to make my weapons as low poly as is possible from the beggining (into 3ds max) ... after that, if needed, I'm reducing (tweeking) the polys into O2 before their final stage.

Then i have to say that you are good at texturing becuase it look that it would be baked AO in the texture :D

Something like that plus I'm using Photoshop for many many years .. so I'm doing my best :)

thanks for your comment mate :)

Is there any particular reason that you have not enabled the other optics at least, much less a sound suppressor (they exist) or an IR laser/visible flashlight?

Is there any particular reason that you have not enabled the other optics at least, much less a sound suppressor (they exist) or an IR laser/visible flashlight?

No particular reason in fact ... I just found the HAMR optic more convenient in conjuction with M249 front ironsight ... but I think that at the end I'll enable them all as also suppressors and flashlights ... as I said is still WIP :)

M249 WIP UPDATE

As per community request ... now M249 has its own silencer (can also use default MG silencer) and can accept more optic attachements. Unfortunately, due to hand animation, I can't add side attachments.

Picture : http://prntscr.com/15g5ui

Should the ammo belt feed from the right like that?

Nope ... should be feed from the left side ... my mistake ... I'll try to fix it.

Thanks a lot mate.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:00 ----------

Edit : Issue fixed

After BIS last update ... there are no sounds on my weapons plus some of them are not firing at all !! :(

I'm holding the MOD until a stable version of A3 will be released ... so much work for nothing ....

Are you talking about stable build 0.58?

Yes ... I'm talking about 0.58

Hi Aplion,

Still blown away by the textures. weapons and uniforms look fantastic. So I see that others are having this problem also. I can't get the sound to work on any of the guns. Although the sound does work when I fire a m203 round.? Has anyone found a fix for this. I've also noticed that my ADF_UNCUT Australian defence force textures mod which also had the m4 etc doesn't work with sound either.

ps - I tried with both the developers build and the latest build.

UPDATE

Weapons sounds have been fixed according game's new patch default ones ... now they are working fine.