Sign in to follow this  
fabrizio_t

5,5Gb Update on DEV Branch?

Downloading now ...

"buildid"		"53817"
"BytesToDownload"		"5641232944"

It's about 5,5Gbyte, i wonder why this update is so huge.

Basically it's like redownloading the entire game.

Hm, for me the update was only 210,8 MB.

Which is your build number?

Hm, for me the update was only 210,8 MB.

Yup, for me too. Any changelog available already?

Remember, Steam mostly shows the complete size, even if it only downloads a few hundred bytes

It's downloading 5,3GB for me.

EDIT: And, nope, it's been downloading it at over 2.0Mbs for about 30 minutes so it actually is downloading the whole thing.

It's downloading 5,3GB for me.

Ok so i'm not alone.

I bet it's the ordinary Steam mess ...

Remember, Steam mostly shows the complete size, even if it only downloads a few hundred bytes

This is not true.

No it already downloaded over 700mb and showing 14% progress.

It kept 166.411.724 bytes from previous install and it's downloading 5.641.232.944 bytes.

At least it's what appmanifest_107410.acf states, into (C:\...\Steam\steamapps\).

This is not true.

It is true for the space requirements that it specifies for the download if you install it from scratch.

No it already downloaded over 700mb and showing 14% progress.

It kept 166.411.724 bytes from previous install and it's downloading 5.641.232.944 bytes.

At least it's what appmanifest_107410.acf states, into (C:\...\Steam\steamapps\).

Are you running the regular Steam build or beta? I remember Dwarden saying how Steam now has delta-patching thanks to Bohemia, perhaps it has only made its way to the beta as of this moment.

Thank you.

Last time i've run the game it was on 0.51.103078, on sunday 17th.

Let's see after the update.

Heh, another update for me. I guess the first one(210 MB) was for stable version and now 13.1 MB for dev version. :)

Heh, another update for me. I guess the first one(210 MB) was for stable version and now 13.1 MB for dev version. :)

Same here!

Dna updated the development branch changelog topic, but i think i didnt get it with my bad english

He basically said that the changelog will come with the new stable build which will be rolled out tomorrow.

Where do you guys see what or how much Steam downloads ? I have not opted in to the beta program, will that mean that I won't receive updates to the "stable" build either ?

Where do you guys see what or how much Steam downloads ? I have not opted in to the beta program, will that mean that I won't receive updates to the "stable" build either ?

You will receive updates to the default branch normally. The only way you can "prevent" that is by setting the game to not update explicitly in its "Properties", but you need to do that yourself, so by default you should be getting the updates for the stable branch and only those.

I see it added a new module called "combat get in" any idea what its for?

You can synchronize it with infantry and vehicles, and if the infantry switches to combat behaviour (detects enemies), they will board the vehicles. They'll also use them to move over long distances.