Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Medical System v0.1 Alpha Released

Added Ya Rye, been off grid for a week. Look forward to testing it!

Status update for CMS;

It has been a very long while since I showed anything regarding CMS. I have showed snippets from the A3 version as part of the Combat Space Enhancement modification I am working on but haven't show anything for A2. After many prototypes and rewrites of features/modules such as CMS for CSE, I have decided to first make a version that works well in A2 (and will continue to do so until A3 has been released) and then convert it to A3 for inclusion in CSE.

Let me first start of that we are now many versions ahead with CMS. We are currently at 0.5 Alpha. Which kinda means I have redone the entire code of CMS for the 5th time. This has as a benefit that a lot of the code has been improved, not only performance wise (mainly network), but also to allow myself easy updating and integrating new features without having to modify a lot of things. The features we had planned, such as a system for airway management and broken bones, can now easily be included into the existing code (once that has been fully tested).

Before I continue to talk about what is new, I will first show you a video briefly showing a week old version;

New in CMS

Let us start with the obvious; there is a new UI. I wasn't quite satisfied with the existing UI we had in CMS. This current UI, is much cleaner looking. It also allows for custom additions from yourself to the different categories. For example you would like to add an extra option to the bandage menu or examine menu; it's possible now.

As you have probably noticed, since the video is mainly about that, the UI also has little icons on the top. These icons will display some of the status a person is in; it will display things as whatever or not that person currently is on an IV, or has a tourniquet somewhere. It will also display whatever someone has lost a lot of blood and more.

Further more we now have an image of a body in the center. This was one of our original ideas to implement in our UI but didn't fit in the old one. I am happy we have it now, as it helps the medic a lot with identifying areas that need to be looked at. Note though that it will only show up red for visual wounds; if there is a hidden type of wound on a person the medic still has to specifically look for that.

Another addition to the UI is the implementation of shortcut keys. This contributes a lot to the fluid usage of the menu and if you know them all it will allow you to treat someone very fast. There are a few new things about the UI which I didn't show in the video but those will have to wait for later. After all, some are still in development and might change (a lot).

We now have integrated support for the ACE backpacks. Upon treating someone it will now automatically take items from your backpack as well. Priority is still given to the items in your inventory however.

Some other features implemented are: Tourniquets (they are no longer a bandage, they now cut off the limb blood supply), support for spawned in units, a bunch of new treatment options, new vehicle casualty management UI and many many more changes and bug fixes.

Awesome!

This is prolly the last mod that I'm really waiting on before the inevitable move to A3 shinyness but meh future setting.

When can we start testing v0.5?

Now that the interface, features and logic seems to have been stabilised, will some half-decent documentation accompany it?

Actually there are a few other mods that I'm still waiting for: CWR2 to reach final and I44 v2.7

Yes, documentation will get a needed overhaul. :)

Beyond excited still glowbal keep up the great work see you tomorrow!

Did you fix the damage system?? EX:When i shoot some one on the legs 1 TIME instead of having 1 wounded on the legs he has 1 on the hands, other on the body and 3 on the legs.

That's a hit detection issue, not a 'damage system' issue. But we are adjusting damage values, yes.

After a very long time, we are finally close to the next release. We have just entered a new testing stage, which will hopefully result into RC0.5.3 BETA. A lot has been changed and improved and I am quite happy with the results. The majority now will come down to adjusting values, before the public release. Hopefully more soon!

cms_previewimage1.jpg

Just finished testing and it's fantastic so far, shouldn't be too long. ;)

Just finished testing and it's fantastic so far, shouldn't be too long. ;)

Come on! we are waiting! lol Guys any news on release date?

Come on! we are waiting! lol Guys any news on release date?

Things took a bit longer as expected, some issues were found and resolved and some new features have been added. In short, the result will be worth the wait, in my opinion.