Sign in to follow this  
glowbal

Combat Medical System v0.1 Alpha Released

I understand. does that apply with all the other items that are not highlighted in the field?

About air ways and broken bones?? i really don't know

Yea airway & broken bones. Thanks for helping out regarding some of the options though. Now I can teach my community. I wonder if all the items work, but I'm sure they would be visible if they did work (i.e. elastic bandage, chest seal, quick clot, etc). Thanks.

No, airway system is still WIP. If the others don't work, when they should, post it on dev-hev with a repro and we'll get around to it. :)

Elastic bandages should work fine. Make sure you have the correct line found in the .txt file within your medics init line.

I have a question about some things described in the documentation.

There is a mention of blood and plasma becoming useless when not refrigirated, to what extent is this modelled/planned?

Same question about CAT's cutting off the bloodflow and causing damage when used for prolonged periods.

Haven't thought about either, mainly because we're not at that stage and implementing minor changes. Not to say it wasn't on the radar, we know we have to improve there.

Blood & plasma - yup, same with you can't throw them around. Nothing around refrigerators have been modeled and nothing is planned at the minute. When it comes to methods and routes we're more worried on IV vs IM vs this and that, and EZ-IOs.

CAT's - we're not worrying just now. Implementing re-bleeding with low systolics and doubling up, major bleeding issues will be priority but I'm sure that will come down the track. We can't make it so you'll lose your leg after an hour but we can implement 'more pain' or even death say. It's just implementation issues.

Hey,

this mod is really awesome.

But I have one question: I once saw an video about the LifePak15 as preview.

Does anyone may know if this will be integrated one time?

See you,

Third :)

Hey,

this mod is really awesome.

But I have one question: I once saw an video about the LifePak15 as preview.

Does anyone may know if this will be integrated one time?

See you,

Third :)

This is not in any of the near plans.

I have been out of the arma modding (mainly A2) for a while, but I am back and I will have some nice things to show you guys hopefully soon.

Jeff was making the LifePak. As far as I know, he got a few more rhythms out, but being focused on mainly the combat role it was delayed being introduced. Defibs on CMT's for example are no where near like the LifePak, very small and less features.

Just tested this with our community. Some hated it, some absolutely loved it. Personally I'm loving it.

IV's, triage, splint is not working. Neither the stitching. Sometimes when people are shot in the legs, and when broken they are unfixable. And others appear to be fixable without IVs, stitching e.g. even doh they have lost allot of blood and have severe injuries.

Is this mission makers fault, a bugg, or is it not properly implemented jet?

Other then the 'medkits only work in medical tents' feature (which I just read, and explains allot problems :p). Are there other essential tips, features people should know?

Other then that, an really awesome system. Keep up the great work :)

Are splints not working yet? I'm assuming they aren't considering the broken bones option is never clickable, and when I jumped off the roof of a building for our units PJs too do their work nothing happened, broken bone fixing wise, unless they noticed something I didnt.

EDIT

Our units PJs also wanted me too ask why the could push plasma on me, but not blood.

I believe you can push blood in a vehicle or field hospital/medical tent only. No, splints aren't working in your version. We'll have them fixed soon. Currently medikit is a cheat system I believe where you can skip getting them stabilized, that'll be worked on sometime in the future.

Our Unit has begun to test this mod and we want to swap over completely but we can not do so if there is no blackout system that keeps people from dieing as soon as they take damage. Is this something that is in the works? Also today while running it our pilot became injuried while flying and then blackedout. Our medics got to him and could find nothing wrong other than him being unresponsive. Is there something we are missing? What is the desired treatment for this?

Do you have a ETA for the next version?

When it's done.

I am not going to give out a date, since I know I might not be able to stick to it. Perhaps I can give you guys something else in a bit.

When it's done.

I am not going to give out a date, since I know I might not be able to stick to it. Perhaps I can give you guys something else in a bit.

That will be awesome :D

Our Unit has begun to test this mod and we want to swap over completely but we can not do so if there is no blackout system that keeps people from dieing as soon as they take damage. Is this something that is in the works? Also today while running it our pilot became injuried while flying and then blackedout. Our medics got to him and could find nothing wrong other than him being unresponsive. Is there something we are missing? What is the desired treatment for this?

Assess why he's blacked out. Blood loss, pain, what? Blacking out isn't as often in CMS as ACE. This is because in reality you don't black out constantly or are more prone to blacking out with a bit of pain. There's guys out there, legs blown off who don't black out so we've formed it around major blood loss leading to loss of consciousness and prolonged high amounts of pain. You may have to use the vehicle interaction menu and what not. Give us an update on this, and post it on our dev-hev if it continues to play up.

I understand the whole blackout thing but what I am talking about is they take a few rounds and then they respawn. Our unit does not have respawns ingame while we are doing an op. I know its not completely realistic but no matter the injury we need to be able to take them back to base and get them back in the game. If this is something that is not going to be added in then we will have to stick with ace because no one is going to want to hit and IED leaving base and then be out of the op for the next two hours.

Well, that's a superficial statement. Two hours is a fallacy, the maximum it should take should be no longer than a quarter of that at very maximum. You need to do what I said, make sure your vehicle interaction works and then get back to me. There has been no cases of what you have stated, and it's not on dev-hev with a repro. You can take people back to base, you can treat people, so the statements you're making are very much falsified. It's already there, we don't have to 'add' it. If someone takes a few rounds and dies then they're dead. If you're saying something about the damage values then you have to go into detail because I'm not understanding what you're saying.

I understand the whole blackout thing but what I am talking about is they take a few rounds and then they respawn. Our unit does not have respawns ingame while we are doing an op. I know its not completely realistic but no matter the injury we need to be able to take them back to base and get them back in the game. If this is something that is not going to be added in then we will have to stick with ace because no one is going to want to hit and IED leaving base and then be out of the op for the next two hours.

You are referring to spectator scripts, with the ability to revive a person when they are dead, instead of re-spawning, no?

I will see if I can build in either a hook so someone else can make the script or come up with something myself; but it's low priority.

I'm having problems with CMS in multiplayer. I understand its still buggy but I wanted to know if there was a fix. When I hop into a game, I am not able to bring up my CMS menu, though others can. I can hop in the editor or host a game and it works just fine. Its hit and miss on if it effects me or someone else from time to time. Thought it was just on non-dedicated servers, but I just started having the problem now that it's on one. Any ideas?

Edited by Firefox88

It should be working. Works fine for me and everyone else I know who has tested it. Dev-hev with repro it if it doesn't work for you.

Have you guys been able to work on pushing out a new build for users at all? Would love to test and help out, but big thing stopping the realism unit I'm with from switching is currently it doesn't draw out items out of backpacks, has that issue been addressed?

If the issue is on the bug tracker then we'll get around to it. Feel free to add me on Skype and we can see about getting you to test the latest build.

Have you guys been able to work on pushing out a new build for users at all? Would love to test and help out, but big thing stopping the realism unit I'm with from switching is currently it doesn't draw out items out of backpacks, has that issue been addressed?

It has been in the new version.

I have been out of the arma modding for a while but since a week or so I am back working on things again, including CMS.