noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Ha, army cadet memories of Heartbreak hill with the 77 set still make me cringe.

That being said, however, for really old pieces of hardware, they still work great.

Not to mention extremely common in the 1980s. Good for cold war/contemporary content that hopefully will be coming out soon. :)

This might been something in ACRE, but I wouldn't know since I only used it in a very limited capacity,

but is it/or could it/will it (you get the idea) be possible to take off a radio backpack, and use it as a stationary set.

I assume somthing like this would be easier in ArmA 3 now that we have a actual in engine backpack system, without using something like ACE.

Then again, everyone always complains of lots of missing eventhandlers and such.

I hope this would be possible, it would also be cool for sniping or a recon position, since what I usually do is take off my backpack and lay it next to me so I am not more visible,

then I can get ammo or supplies from it and if I have to run in an emergency,I am not bogged down by the weight of the backpack.

So the same logic would apply, you could call in some sniper targets on a radio backpack lying next to you or something.

I dunno, seems like a good idea to me.

This might been something in ACRE, but I wouldn't know since I only used it in a very limited capacity,

but is it/or could it/will it (you get the idea) be possible to take off a radio backpack, and use it as a stationary set.

I assume somthing like this would be easier in ArmA 3 now that we have a actual in engine backpack system, without using something like ACE.

Then again, everyone always complains of lots of missing eventhandlers and such.

I hope this would be possible, it would also be cool for sniping or a recon position, since what I usually do is take off my backpack and lay it next to me so I am not more visible,

then I can get ammo or supplies from it and if I have to run in an emergency,I am not bogged down by the weight of the backpack.

So the same logic would apply, you could call in some sniper targets on a radio backpack lying next to you or something.

I dunno, seems like a good idea to me.

From what I have seen Nou looks to have the receiving on none equipped radio down pat, could it be made so you can link to a radio on floor and have it act like an equipt radio? Transmitting on none equipt radio does seem to be the hard part though.

Actually that is pretty easy to do now and I been mulling over a basic way of doing it maybe before the beta release. Essentially radio ownership is not tied to a person anymore in terms of who is able to use it.

Not very familiar with radios and stuff and my quick google search failed, what would be the purpose of running a radio at a different power level? (The PWR 5.0 W setting, 9:00 in the video above)

Not very familiar with radios and stuff and my quick google search failed, what would be the purpose of running a radio at a different power level? (The PWR 5.0 W setting, 9:00 in the video above)

You generally want to use the lowest power setting possible for a couple reasons.

One is that you can end up stepping on other people on the same channels in distant areas of operations (generally not a problem though with any radio that uses a frequency hopping implementation) which you may not be part of. This can cause disruption of communications. Generally though a good signals planning setup for an AO will include prevention of signals interference.

Second is signals detection from the enemy which can be used to home in on your position. In a high intensity conflict signal direction finding can often result in incoming artillery on the position, which is why you want to use as little power as needed to get your signal out (again mostly mitigated with frequency hopping).

There is a third reason that is not simulated in ACRE yet either, which is battery life. The higher the broadcast power the shorter the battery length.

Hey Nou I keep hearing and seeing stuff about data, does this suggest being able to use ACRE radios to communicate things other than voice in the future? It'd be neat if other addons could use the radio simulation as a means for communication.

I have many ideas if that's planned..

Thanks for the reply :)

Am I right in thinking this feature was already in ACRE1 and i just missed it? I usually only used the default radios. (117's i think nope, 343's)

Edited by bhaz

Thanks for the reply :)

Am I right in thinking this feature was already in ACRE1 and i just missed it? I usually only used the default radios. (117's i think nope, 343's)

Variable power? Yes. It was defaulted to the lowest.

Beta is RELEASE?

Can I download acre2_2_0_0_510.zip?

Just stop. It will be released when he says so, and you might want to go read the forum rules, don't ask for updates.

Is ACRE going to be broken again after every TS3 update or did you manage to fix that?

Is ACRE going to be broken again after every TS3 update or did you manage to fix that?

Depends on what you mean by broken. The reason ACRE has to be updated after a number of TS3 updates is because their API version changes and will not allow older plugins to load.

Yes, that. Is it still dependent on that or the TS3 updates won't impact ACRE anymore?

All plugins are affected by API version number changes.

If the number differs between that used in the plugin and the teamspeak version, the plugin will not work.

There is literally no way nou or anyone else can prevent API number changes having this effect.

In short: Yes, it is still dependant on the TS3 API version number.

Just stop. It will be released when he says so, and you might want to go read the forum rules, don't ask for updates.

This has no bearing here..... he asked if the beta was released, he is obviously confused.. instead of quoting the rules that dont apply here because it was an honest question, "if the beta was release?"... The answer is simply NO the BETA is not released.... And its also most likely that English is NOT their first language. They didnt say "When" is it going to be released.. It was a question of it already being release.. Again, simple answer, No.....

This has no bearing here..... he asked if the beta was released, he is obviously confused.. instead of quoting the rules that dont apply here because it was an honest question, "if the beta was release?"... The answer is simply NO the BETA is not released.... And its also most likely that English is NOT their first language. They didnt say "When" is it going to be released.. It was a question of it already being release.. Again, simple answer, No.....

Thanks LORD.

Finally someone who understands.

Yes. English is not my first language.

I'm ITALIAN.

Honestly, you should have taken that up with me in a PM. But that's enough thread jacking for the day. Nouber, will support fully transfer from A2 to A3 or will there be duel support?

Hey could you guys add a loudspeaker item for dramatically increasing the range of local chat? I need to spew some propaganda music to my friends from the top of my T-72 while they charge ennemy positions.

That plus loudspeakers on tanks and choppers for, you know, the clichés.

Thanks and all.

Just a question, once you release ACRE for A3, will you begin to support Arma 2 ACRE as well, by updating it? The reason I ask is I want to be able to play both Arma 3 and Arma 2 using ACRE, as I'm sure many other people do, but don't want to have to change every time they switch a game.

Just a question, once you release ACRE for A3, will you begin to support Arma 2 ACRE as well, by updating it? The reason I ask is I want to be able to play both Arma 3 and Arma 2 using ACRE, as I'm sure many other people do, but don't want to have to change every time they switch a game.

While ACRE2 is designed to be highly portable to other RV engine games the amount of backporting at the moment would be fairly high. It would depend on a number of factors and might include a number of features not being supported in ACRE2 for A2.

That being said, there might also be time to upgrade ACRE1 for A2 to support the latest TS3 and fix some older bugs.

While ACRE2 is designed to be highly portable to other RV engine games the amount of backporting at the moment would be fairly high. It would depend on a number of factors and might include a number of features not being supported in ACRE2 for A2.

That being said, there might also be time to upgrade ACRE1 for A2 to support the latest TS3 and fix some older bugs.

That's basically what I meant, just continuing support for ACRE1 so that people can still use it AND ACRE2 on A3.

I don't know how, I can't use ACRE in the game, but I can hear someone use radio voice. I was TS3 reinstall and ACRE heavy but no effect.

TS3 version: 3.0.12

ACRE version: 1.14.10