NordKindchen

Terrain Improvement (dev branch)

the recent community guide video shows altis and sadly the midrange textures look ugly as ever. i was somehow hoping, that altis would look better, because of higher variation in vegetation. this is not the case!

Seems like there's already an actionable fix so no need to panic. Nice work Thread Starter!

@tremnarch omg your comparission screenshots are the first screens of the vanilla texture I see since a very long time! omg...^^

Hey...maybe you wanna try the texture I made for myself. Maybe you like it.

Indeed, human eye is very good at recognizing patterns, that's why tiling textures need to be used and done wisely.

I am crying when I look at the ground textures of RealTimesImmersive =((

Of course its not the mid range distance we are talking abuot at the moment. Still...so much detail=(

Edited by NordKindchen

Naah better to remain what we have now and put those resources in mid range.

Very dead product....

Actually VBS 3 has been ordered to do the stuff RTI was build for

Can't argue on visuals though, looks really nice. Didn't know that project died.

I am crying when I look at the ground textures of RealTimesImmersive =((

Of course its not the mid range distance we are talking abuot at the moment. Still...so much detail=(

That's because CE2-3 were designed with terrain detail at the forefront. It has robust tools that not only allow you blend the terrain textures but to also repaint them and paint other textures with all shader information atop them with a soft brush tool. I'd love to link the manual but just my luck, the website is down.

Can't argue on visuals though, looks really nice. Didn't know that project died.

Yeah it does look really nice but the playable areas were very small. Arma doesn't look best but at least we have whole islands to fight for ^^

What does BIS say about your thingy? I looks really nice. I really don't know why they're actually releasing that soon. Can anybody link me to the release-list for vehicles and stuff? Lack of time over here otherwise i would search for it.

What does BIS say about your thingy? I looks really nice. I really don't know why they're actually releasing that soon. Can anybody link me to the release-list for vehicles and stuff? Lack of time over here otherwise i would search for it.
Here: http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown

Yay!

The bold vehicles are those not already in the Dev Build...

Yay!

K, that means no textures that compensate for missing clutter and the overall flattness of the terrain, that makes camo usefull

and probably no shadows in the distance or something other that darkens places and especially units who fuckin try to use shadows and infantry that gets highlighet by sunlight while they try to use the forrest to be not seen, while the ground isnt effected in the same way,

plus enemys that are invisible, cause totally sunken in the ground while your are unable too see shit through the grass.

So the infantry combat will still be crap at higher distances, while be great close and the graphics remain 10 years old at those ranges while be up to date near the player.

Very sad that all the good aspects are irrelevant cause most elemental things arent there.

Anyway, maybe some day a publisher with more money and/or a capable engine will archive a big environment worthy for a milsim or at least an arcade-game.

Maybe there is hope for a mod that make the game enjoyable in this regards, but as far as I know there never was one for AA2, or am im wrong?

Anyway its laughable that Benson archived quite more and it seems to be fuckin imposibble to get the shadow draw distance from VBS2.##.