Sign in to follow this  
MrsAcademy

Wasted an Hour of My Life on This Game So Far

Over half the time the servers won't even launch, the game client just crashes.

When it does load up, i'll be in a game of maybe 30/50 and have yet to engage in a single firefight. Never even seen an enemy troop. Where is all the action?

Instead, I just wander around sightseeing in a watered-down version of Farcry 3, basically.

Contemplating cutting my losses and just returning the game.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

The most common keys i'm hitting while this game is launched are the following:

Ctrl - Alt - Del

Click End Program

Try again and hope for the best.

Oh, the game launched?

Cool, no fighting just sightseeing.

Sorry that you have to actually use navigating skills to find the enemy location, maybe you should stick to an arcade shooter till you mature a lil bit. Just my 2 cents.

Over half the time the servers won't even launch, the game client just crashes.

When it does load up, i'll be in a game of maybe 30/50 and have yet to engage in a single firefight. Never even seen an enemy troop. Where is all the action?

Instead, I just wander around sightseeing in a watered-down version of Farcry 3, basically.

Contemplating cutting my losses and just returning the game.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

The most common keys i'm hitting while this game is launched are the following:

Ctrl - Alt - Del

Click End Program

Try again and hope for the best.

Oh, the game launched?

Cool, no fighting just sightseeing.

Have you checked your steam file integrity?

What type of missions are you joining? CO-OP? TvT?

Uninstall please.
Or wait for the final relase in Q3 this year.

The game is still in Alpha so crashes are nothing out of the ordinary. If you wanted it to be more stable you would have been better of waiting for the full release.

Also this is a Military Simulator, this means that you shouldn't expect the same style of never ending fast paced combat you would expect from the watered down garbage that passes for competitive first person shooters these days. But then again you should already know this considering you bought the game.

Sorry that you have to actually use navigating skills to find the enemy location, maybe you should stick to an arcade shooter till you mature a lil bit. Just my 2 cents.

There is no frontline. There is defined battle-zone. Each individual soldier from different factions just seems to randomly zone in (the only choice i'm given is random spawn) and then everyone is all spread out. No organization, no plan of attack, just a bunch of random soldiers enjoying the scenery and doing pretty much nothing.

This sucks.

P.S. How the FCK do I get out of a vehicle? I hit every button on the keyboard and all it does is open menus or change camera angles.

Ha....guys... why bother answering to this meaningless trolling.... he is better off on Farcry.... we are better off without him (him/it... gotta be PC).

There is no frontline. There is defined battle-zone. Each individual soldier from different factions just seems to randomly zone in (the only choice i'm given is random spawn) and then everyone is all spread out. No organization, no plan of attack, just a bunch of random soldiers enjoying the scenery and doing pretty much nothing.

This sucks.

P.S. How the FCK do I get out of a vehicle? I hit every button on the keyboard and all it does is open menus or change camera angles.

Use your mouse scroll >select "get out" > tap "space" ( by default)

The thing you are scrolling through is an action menu. It's used to interact with the environment.

Also please specify the mission name.

I know i shouldn't laugh, but i just had too..............;)

Taking a look at the control scheme and trying to learn it before jumping straight into a multilayer game would help.

You do realise this is an Alpha (test) version, it's buggy and supposed to be a pain in the *ss! Maybe you should wait for the full game to be released before comparing it to the dull and mindlessly boring Far Cry 3! Looking for enemies is part of the suspense! In short just give it time to mature, it's only been 4 days! :confused:

I know i shouldn't laugh, but i just had too..............;)

Read my reply to that quote.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

You do realise this is an Alpha version, it's buggy and supposed to be a pain in the *ss! Maybe you should wait for the full game to be released before comparing it to the dull and mindlessly boring Far Cry 3! Looking for enemies is part of the suspense! In short just give it time to mature, it's only been 4 days! :confused:

Yea, I paid 32 bucks and it looks like I won't get it back. Since when do ppl pay for Alpha versions? Wow, learned my lesson.

Yea, I paid 32 bucks and it looks like I won't get it back. Since when do ppl pay for Alpha versions? Wow, learned my lesson.

Since when people buy games without reading that it's an alpha build ?

I just have to ask, for my own curiosity; why did you buy in to the alpha test? Did you not know what it was? There's an FAQ...

And there is nothing realistic about having all soldiers "randomly" spawn on the map. I was in the military. Troops come from bases and move outwards. What is this nonsense?

It's like having Rangers randomly air-dropped individually in Afghanistan, and then told "figure it out".

No mission, no orders, no cohesion, no front-lines. Yet I am unrealistic? Lol.

Read my reply to that quote.

---------- Post added at 19:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Read what you get with purchasing the alpha. You get a big fuckin' discount if you buy the alpha rather than (I am assuming, but not exactly sure) $60 for the full game.

Since when people buy games without reading that it's an alpha build ?

Do they? I don't know of any.

You paid for the full game, you're currently getting early access.

Caveat emptor.

Did you not pay any attention when purchasing the game?

The price covers the Alpha, Beta and full game on release.

You're probably playing wasteland... which is a fun mission.

Have you tried the infantry showcase yet?

And there is nothing realistic about having all soldiers "randomly" spawn on the map. I was in the military. Troops come from bases and move outwards. What is this nonsense?

It's like having Rangers randomly air-dropped individually in Afghanistan, and then told "figure it out".

No mission, no orders, no cohesion, no front-lines. Yet I am unrealistic? Lol.