Sign in to follow this  
mhsta1992

Shoutout from Iran, Iranians are NOT black!!!

Hi, everyone. I am from the homeland of OPFOR, Iran

when the first screenshots of arma 3 came out the appearance of iranian soldiers were realistic, light skin but not as white as Europeans.

but then the alpha came out... and everything changed.

when I saw the first screenshots the iranians were pitch-black. at first I thought it was bad lighting but as more screenshots came I realized BIstudios had really changed them to black.

seriously, couldn't BI do something as simple as search in google to find out how iranians look like? I really believe that it was deliberate.

oh...and let me make it clear I have nothing against black people and don't mean any disrespect, I am just upset that Iranians are shown in way they don't look like.

They weren't really black the last time I checked. They just have a dark skin tone but definately not black... maybe you could post a screenshot how they look like in your game

I thought this game was forbidden in Iran ?

Well marijuana, prostitution and drinking under age 21 are all forbidden in the United States, and yet... ;)

I thought the skin tone of many of the characters was too dark as well. They do look "black" under some circumstances, but if there's no easy fix im not sure this should be a priority for the character artists.

I hear they are adding King Xerxes himself, just for you.

I don't know whether to cringe or just burst out laughing.........too late! ;)

I think it is just placeholder for now. May be these faces are taken from takistani in OA?

However, the lightning engine should be an issue, too.

858639_540920052607694_1994308574_o.jpg

When I saw the first screenshots the Iranians were pitch-black. at first I thought it was bad lighting but as more screenshots came I realized BIstudios had really changed them to black.

seriously, couldn't BI do something as simple as search in google to find out how Iranians look like? I really believe that it was deliberate.

oh...and let me make it clear I have nothing against black people and don't mean any disrespect, I am just upset that Iranians are shown in way they don't look like.

Hi mhsta1992, i'm from the UK, please don't worry about the colour of the soldiers skin as it's only an Alpha version. There are many things missing from this Alpha and quite possibly the correct soldier colors. I wouldn't read too much into it. And i seriously doubt BI would do something like that deliberately. They're not in the business of offending people but making excellent games we all love.

Take care ;)

Perhaps they have been enjoying the beaches of the Greek Isles.

Perhaps they have been enjoying the beaches of the Greek Isles.

Well. the game is placed a couple of years in the future. Maybe nuclear tests?

Well marijuana, prostitution and drinking under age 21 are all forbidden in the United States, and yet... ;)

I thought the skin tone of many of the characters was too dark as well. They do look "black" under some circumstances, but if there's no easy fix im not sure this should be a priority for the character artists.

Of course we have unrestricted internet access, and breaking the law here won't result in being publicly stoned. (Well, breaking that first law might. Puns ftw!)

okay now this is getting offensive. please don't post your immature opinions which are based on the stupid stereotypes of western media.

They don't look black to me. They look more like generic clean shaven white soldiers with a strange tan more than anything else.

A3iranian.jpg

They seem to use the same faces as the NATO soldiers as well, I guess the Iranian faces aren't done yet or something. Alpha is alpha :)

okay now this is getting offensive. please don't post your immature opinions which are based on the stupid stereotypes of western media.

Sorry on behalf of the jokers around here. This community is much better than that.

I'm sure this is an easy fix for Bohemia Interactive. I would recommend that you open up a ticket at the official feedback tracker.

Don't take it too seriously, it's just the Internet :D

If you believe models are too dark/wrong race, report issue to ArmA3 Feedback Tracker, so others can vote it up

I think the point of TOP was made, and the feedback tracker was linked to. Thread complete.