Sign in to follow this  
bigshot

BIS Please ---> Give us a difficulty slider for PRECISION

for the love of g-d...how many years has this been requested already, please just do it or at least offer a response as to why you have refused and insist on forcing us to play against AI precision that YOU decide is best suited for us all?

For the last few years with each patch the AI accuracy keeps getting increased to the point now where im getting sniped by machine gunners at over 500m. REALLY?...is this enjoyable for mainstreamers, REALLY?? I've been with you since 2001 with your first demo of OFP and I can honestly say that for me AND the folks who I play with that absolutely NO, it is not fun for the average player...It's gotten to the point where I cant even send my friends a new mission for us to play together anymore without them loading up their LostKey mod because the enemy AI is so precise its simply no fun.

I understand that there are a few hundred hard core military junkies who play a million hours but for average players I really think it's time we get our precision slider in the menu's (for arma2 as well where the skill is actually broken, as it seems to be in arma3 now as well...i turn skill down to .3 and still getting hit by rapid fire bots at WELL OVER 500m...and im stuck firing at slow arse rates due to recoil which doesnt effect bots nearly as much as humans).

I don't mind things being broken in an alpha....but this has been asked for now for a matter of YEARS already.

Thanks for listening (ahem).

Couldn't hurt. I've been editing the precision setting by text editor in my Arma profile for years now, what's the harm in changing it via in-game menu?

Big - dunno if you realize this or not but in arma2 (and probably arma3 as well but not certain) adjusting precision in your config file no longer has any effect since BIS changed the value to be auto-calculated...its been this way for about a year now in arma2...and its been horribly difficult to make balanced missions that my friends can really get into.

Agreed, also accuracy of AI needs to be totally separated from the difficulty settings ingame.

Agreed, also accuracy of AI needs to be totally separated from the difficulty settings ingame.

thats the only thing that makes combat against the AI harder, they don't get any extra HP lol.

As for the op, i agree an slider would be nice for people that don't want to mess with the text files that much.

Yes please BIS. You scare away customers with hard AI. Let us choose AI precision. Also put easier values as default and let user tweak them up.

thats the only thing that makes combat against the AI harder, they don't get any extra HP lol.

As for the op, i agree an slider would be nice for people that don't want to mess with the text files that much.

The thing is you also get all sorts of annoying HUD indicators all over the place with lower difficulty.

Actually, you get extra HP too. It is called "Extended armor" if I am not mistaken...

Big - dunno if you realize this or not but in arma2 (and probably arma3 as well but not certain) adjusting precision in your config file no longer has any effect since BIS changed the value to be auto-calculated...its been this way for about a year now in arma2...and its been horribly difficult to make balanced missions that my friends can really get into.

Yes.there is people who don't know that. BIS must note that in the file so the people dont get confused

Didn't they have a precision option in Arma1 and 2? I am sure I saw something like that...

So does precision adjustment work with A3 config file?

Didn't they have a precision option in Arma1 and 2? I am sure I saw something like that...

Yes,but doesn't work anymore since and OA patch.

So does precision adjustment work with A3 config file?

no.i have tested and i don't see any difference between extreme values

But who decides about the AI accuracy/spotting etc...? E.g. if a mission maker defines AI strength per code, isn't it useless to change my config file? Need some clarification here; thx.

For the last few years with each patch the AI accuracy keeps getting increased to the point now where im getting sniped by machine gunners at over 500m. REALLY

Yeah really, people need to beginn to understand that a mashine gunner is even more dangerous than a sniper, especially if that MG is stationary and uses a scope. 800m without and 1200m with scope was the normal effectice range even back in 1994 with out MG3 that is basically just a slightly modified MG42. And the possible accuracy of such a heavy weapon on a bipod is amazing, especially at 1200 round per minute in 10-20 round burst with tracers.

machine guns are supposed to be accurate in real life, a number of snipers actually used modified machine gun to target enemy well above 1km

before DMR became popular, machine gun was the most accurate weapon in long distance in squad level.