Sign in to follow this  
rss334

Towns / Buildings all empty? Will someone move in?

The towns are nice or the little I've seen of them in my short time of play. The ability to enter building is going to be great but gets boring quick since they are all empty. Did a quick search for empty building and returned no results but wondering if there are plans fill some of these with something interesting to look at? Thanks

but hey its a military simulator not an IKEA build your home game.. there are more important things^^

We're struggling to maintain 20 fps in towns, adding more geometric and texture content into them will drive us into the single digits, if not full on stopping it altogether.

Everyone bugged out and took their stuff.....This Is WAR, man!!!!!

They could probably build some furniture items right into the building models without adversely effecting performance. Having separate chairs and tables and shit in all the buildings though might cause some issues.

Keep it minimal, because, yeah man, it's war. Everyone bugged out and took their shit.

Since Arma 2 there has been an "Ambient Civilians" module which populated the map with civilians, including houses.

I am not 100% sure of the story behind Arma 3, if the Island is abandoned than don't expect to see civilians. If the island still has a population then no doubt BIS will return with an ambient civilian module.

Furniture would make moving around indoors more cumbersome, though i wouldnt mind the occasional chair/cupboard against the wall.

Since Arma 2 there has been an "Ambient Civilians" module which populated the map with civilians, including houses.

I am not 100% sure of the story behind Arma 3, if the Island is abandoned than don't expect to see civilians. If the island still has a population then no doubt BIS will return with an ambient civilian module.

It already kind of exists, if you place a location or w/e marker around a town and set it to civilian they will (badly) take over the town.

Hi, that's what i'd feared about the ArmA3... again a dead island with no life on it outside the objectives and the routes to this ones; maybe they could do some GameLogic that create objects at random inside the houses (specific for each house model) arround X distance of the player; giving some life to the enviroment but without a very big impact on the performance. Just an idea... . Let's C ya

They are doing it for DayZ standalone, though. Furniture in the houses on lush Chernarus. Surely this new engine could cope with a cupboard or a table

I hope so , first time I went in to a town I was please to see I could in the buildings, after going in literraly 5 , I've not been in another one since. Got boring fast.

Furniture would make moving around indoors more cumbersome, though i wouldn't mind the occasional chair/cupboard against the wall.

Mainly what i was hoping for. This is one of my complaints its not special to have a lot of buildings if they're all just basic square layouts and nothing inside them.

Hope BIS can put some tables, couches, chairs and cupboards, paintings on the walls stuff like that.