Sign in to follow this  
PFC Magician

Reticles and Scopes

Have greatly improved the game but have been a little outdated with "2D reticles" I hope BIS can embellish them with translucent or bet for 3d scopes

I'd very happy for any kind of workaround, even if cheap-ish. I really was hoping we wont see the black screen around scopes after A2 anymore. Still, there's time so fingers crossed.

Glad this thread popped up, as I've had an issue with the standard RCO/ARCO sights being 12x magnification, throwing a scope capable of long range engagements on a weapon good for 600m max is a bit silly imo. Please bring back 4x only on scopes for team leaders/squad leaders etc.

man this game isn't going to run on anyones PC if we get all the features we want....

this would be nice but i would like to see more gameplay changing elements added first

man this game isn't going to run on anyones PC if we get all the features we want....

this would be nice but i would like to see more gameplay changing elements added first

Technically the performance is not affected in the case of 3d scopes, but are limited in zoom (more zoom, more longer be 3d model scope)

in the case of embellishing 2d scopes that consume more resources but the difference is negligible

See how many FPS picture-in-picture takes already - and that's just small, really small low-res mirrors and screens running at ~10 fps with next-to-none viewdistance in them.

Even top PCs have trouble running ArmA3 well in big firefights - adding 3D scope which will have to dub your view distance to that will simply make the game unplayable

adding 3D scope which will have to dub your view distance to that will simply make the game unplayable

CCO scope and eotech are 3D scopes what are talking about?

Scenario is what most resource consumes, Arrowhead runs better than Red Harvest

Arma 3 is a alpha and made sure to do on an island with a mixed without extensive Chernarus vegetation, they use "Real Virtuality 4"engine but I have no information of that level of textures used.

surely will optimize but will also be a set of 2013 or 2014 and that means it will not run on very old computers and it happens with all games.

In my opinion create greater zoom on 3D scopes does not affect performance.

Edited by PFC Magician

See how many FPS picture-in-picture takes already - and that's just small, really small low-res mirrors and screens running at ~10 fps with next-to-none viewdistance in them.

Even top PCs have trouble running ArmA3 well in big firefights - adding 3D scope which will have to dub your view distance to that will simply make the game unplayable

That's why there is something called LOD, and that's why a tree at 10 meters looks beautiful, but the same tree at 2.500m looks like a leaf-less pine

Well i mean, if anybody loked at like the ACOG sights on BF3, or something similar, all it does is really zoom the screen. the scope itself does nothing-

Happy with the current blacked out outer part of the scope. A non-magnified (maybe slightly blurred) outer side, to allow aditional situational awareness, would be a good compromise imo.

Also... currently my frame rate actually increases when scoped, contrary to A2, so BI might just be allowing themselves some room for further improvements. (thinking increased object distance rendering)

BTW, anyone noticed the chromatic aberration effect? What a nice touch!

UnX36hHl.jpg

compare the middle star with the outer one.

Edited by gammadust