Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Headgear and Glasses Pack

They're already in game actually, in black and a dark red, they just won't be in until the Full release.

I don't particularly care, I'm going to release them anyway.

Binkowski,

This is a little off topic. Do you know if ski masks and balaclavas are something that will be put on in the player's profile where they select their face or will it be an item that is found in a crate?

I'm sure it's possible, I would just have to define the balaclava / ski mask as a goggle instead of headgear. I will have to try it later today if I get around to working on anything.

Is it possible to use the setobjectexture init line on specific items in a player's inventory then? I assumed the hiddenselectiontexture handling on equip-able items would be purely through the config.cpp and you have to make a new child-class to get them to appear in game.

Also, some glasses/goggle possibilities that might interest you:

Revision Bullet Ant goggles

Revision Sawfly specs

They're currently part of the standard issue protective kit for British forces in Afghanistan. I don't want you to try and make "all the things!!!" so don't treat it a request (I'd consider doing them myself if I wanted them that much:D): I just figured if you're weighing up various possibilities for eye-wear projects, and depending on what you see as the 'scope' of the pack; maybe you're be more interested in hearing about kit that's fairly prolific among various militaries, rather than what everyone thinks looks coolest.

I've still got those god awfull ESS things that used to fall apart on your face. :')

But yeah "make all the things bink!!"

Last night Stiltman figured out the fix for the hiddenSelections. So that is working well, and we have working ballcaps with different flags. Currently I only have five countries done (US, UK, CA, DE, AU). I will add more when I can. I'll also be adding in some OPFOR helmets. Although I'm not exactly sure as what I should add.. But I just can't stand that damn sci-fi helmet.

They're already in game actually, in black and a dark red, they just won't be in until the Full release.

Yes, well there can never be enough Wayfarers.

... I'll also be adding in some OPFOR helmets. Although I'm not exactly sure as what I should add.. But I just can't stand that damn sci-fi helmet.

Any pasgt like helmet would do imo. The one in the OP would do just fine. Altough I believe Iran is a big fan of berets.

Maybe an idea to talk to Colonel Stagler, his FSB pack contained some cool OPFOR helmets.

True, I did not think of it like that. I was thinking if it was to much trouble to do all that then just use the American flag since they are basically U.S Soldiers.

No. The American flag will be one of them yes, but I am not going to make that the only option. Because this is a very broad and vast community with players from all different countries. I feel it is a little bit biased and one sided to have only one option. And I think it will be a cool nice feature for players from different countries to wear their countries flag in a multiplayer match with their friends.

Here's a little bit of WIP for you guys.. Only a couple flags. More to come though. Also some new glasses, thanks to my friend Mauro(theDog88) for modeling them!

hatsmall.jpg

gogsmall.jpg

Click each for full resolution and quality.

This looks unbelievable. You have stuff like this and the game just came out. We can always count on you bink!

Damn that is dope :D very great ;)

You should think of making one with the danish flag too (jk) :o

Edited by astast

Nice work, please make a Danish Flag on the cap too :)

ups sorry, didnt see you requested that too astast :)

Edited by Dennistp

Mauro a modeller? Alot changes in a couple years apparently.

Bink you are a legend!!

IS there an option to have the bowman Headset with the baseball cap too?

Like with the strap over the top of the cap if you know what i mean.

And talking of baseball caps i was looking through my afghan snaps and saw this.

ALL THE BASEBALL CAPS (USSF)

http://i.imgur.com/5ZSnmtl.jpg

Thanks everyone. And yes, I will be adding a lot more flags so don't worry I shouldn't miss your country! Also, I will add the Nogovan flag.

Thanks everyone. And yes, I will be adding a lot more flags so don't worry I shouldn't miss your country! Also, I will add the Nogovan flag.

Thanks, even though Nogova is a fictional country. Its nice to have it as it keeps that connection to OFP :)

Hopefully also CDF Patch/Chernarus Flag? Great work!

They're looking sweet dude! Don't forget the one I linked you before. ;)

Thanks, even though Nogova is a fictional country. Its nice to have it as it keeps that connection to OFP :)

Yes! I will also be adding the Sahrani national flag as well, and maybe the SLA flag as nostalgia.

Hopefully also CDF Patch/Chernarus Flag? Great work!

I can do that, I actually have a subdued version of the Ukrainian flag which to my understanding is the same as the CDF flag just a few differences?

They're looking sweet dude! Don't forget the one I linked you before.

It is being worked on!

I'll also be adding in some OPFOR helmets. Although I'm not exactly sure as what I should add.. But I just can't stand that damn sci-fi helmet.

preussische-pickelhaube-unteroffz-436x500.jpg

or maybe

vaderu.jpg

Actually, scratch the last one; you said no sci-fi helmets...