Sign in to follow this  
almanzo

Congratulations Bohemia Interactive!

Since nobody seems to have made a dedicated "congrats"-thread, I might as well do it.

Despite the inconvinience with the store and the mess with people not getting their keys and stuff, I'd like to congratulate Bohemia Interactive on a their smoothest, most stable and best performing launch so far in my experience with Bohemia Interactive. I expected a glimpse into ARMA III, I expected an Alpha, I did not expect a release that would run so smooth and with so few problems technically.

I feel quite confident in saying that this alpha release has more bugs ironed out and is more fluent than ARMA II was even months after release. I did in no way expect this, and I must say that I am really, really impressed by what you have been able to achieve.

This is a very good starting point for helping development move further, and I feel quite confident when I predict that ARMA III will make a huge impact on the industry this year. I think ARMA III will finally make you guys recognized, and it will be among the games people talk about in december when they review the year.

I am not suprised if ARMA III gets attention from the big guys, and that it might contribute with a shift in current FPS trends. The responsiveness and fluent feel of ARMA III is definitatly going to draw players who previously have found ARMA to be to cluncky. I never ever expected a game so polished so early.

Again, congratulations!

It's extremely polished, far more than what ArmA II was!

Congratulations!

Very Impressed, what a huge step forward, while still keeping the arma feel intact!

Glad to have bought the supporter edition.

Congrats

Not much to add here. Good job so far! Congrats for the pebbly but impressive kick-off!

you created a whole new league... that is all i have to say... it feels like arma still but in a way its an entirely new feel (MUCH better)

This could become the best ArmA. Congratulations Bohemia. :D

Congratulations BIS ArmA 3 is an art masterpiece, a masterwork, Leonardo DaVinci himself can't do better, and thank you very much for your hard work

Having in mind that this is only an Alpha, it has already enough content and is polished enough - in my opinion - to perform as a great Spec Ops Simulation. By far one of the best releases BI ever had, and i think i'm not the only one with this in mind: ArmA 3 will be something great, massive, and superiour. If it isn't already by now, at least. Now let's get back to diving <3

I haven't played the game yet because I never buy digital copies only physical copies. From what I have heard though, the game seems to be a lot better than arma II and much more fluid.

I think big sites such as IGN and GAMESPOT will give this game a quite high score. Now, it is always dependent on the particular person who wrote the review, but both Gamespot and IGN gave arma 2 over 80-85/100.

The game deserves a lot of attention.

I haven't played the game yet because I never buy digital copies only physical copies. From what I have heard though, the game seems to be a lot better than arma II and much more fluid.

This is correct!

It doesn't feel like you're stuck in tar anymore, when you're looking around. :)

What you guys released so far is awesome, i love diving!

Congrats on the release and way to go, BIS!

I do agree! Congratulations, it was worth the wait!

This game is awesome!

Considering its the Alpha it has exceeded my expectations that's for sure! Great work BIS, a masterpiece in the making :)

Now we just need some new alpha BIS Tools to compliment :)

As for the server issues, not many get it right on release day, BIS fell short on their own store which was a shame but hey, even Microsoft couldn't anticipate the demand for W7 when they first released public builds, there servers where down for just as long, and that's MS.

I was one of those who bought the Alpha via Bistore, (I wanted supporter edition), and I was hit with the paid but never recieved code issue.

I completely understand the reasons for the server issues, and I just sent a quick e-mail to them letting them know I am waiting, but am in no rush and understand the issues.

With in a couple of hours I got my code by e-mail and everything was great. I am satisfied! :)

The actual sim I have not played much ,but so far, very impressed, congrats BIS!

Congratulations! This game is already quite impressive, and its hard to believe its only in alpha. :)

Add me here. As far as I can see, ArmA 3 receives very positive applause by the diehard ArmA scene. Maybe there's a lot enthusiasm as well, but anyway. I think nobody expected such a good working, polished product right now with so many things done right, out of the box. I think Bohemia has some very good guys working on ArmA 3. Maybe because of a good investment of their loads of DayZ money? I hope so!

I think this will be the best ArmA ever and with all those user missions, maps and more or less important addons - with A3 we'll have content and fun for decades ;)

As for the term "Alpha", it does not count as a quality measure. I didn't expect A3 to be already that polished right now, a surprise here. Bohemia seems to have a great sense of quality here, given the fact that there'll be a beta and release somewhere in the future. Not to forget about later beta patches. A3 must become the absolute greatness :D I mean when they say "this is alpha", they also say "we have very high quality standards".

WHICH IS GOOD

Distribution: With Steam it was sooo relaxing for me. Was at home 2 hrs after release, bought at Steam, downloaded at full bandwidth, fan-tas-tic.

Edited by tortuosit

I just played 2 hours and have to say that the game is awesome! Cant wait for more. Keep it up Bohemia! :jump_clap:

I guess this is the most playable Alpha i've ever seen. It seems that 12 years of experience pays back :)

Although I cant play ArmA 3 as I only have a Macbook Pro I would also like to say congratulations for the effort you have clearly put in and therefor allowing me to watch a lot of really cool gameplays. Well Done!

I feel like BI has taken the game to a new level without compromising the core. Thanks for keeping the vision intact, keeping it unique and non-generic.

Yeah BIS, you have done an outstanding job with this alpha. I truly hope you have record sales, but don't get any big Ideas like selling out to EA or some shit like that! :)

really just echoing the others here when i say that I'm loving the alpha, already the game us running much better than arma2 did for me!

well done Bohemia!!