tvig0r0us

[MP][TVT/COOP] Total Conquest for Arma III

Hey TVig the server is up running 1 mission so far its called Seawolves Urban Conquest email me so I can get you the admin info but I was on it today and it was running good!!!

very good game of yours i'm playing. AIs are serious threat. a sniper just made holes in my jeep.

impressive features. i have got several AI related bug like stuck unit , bad spawn for some, and one stuck sit in the air . suppossedly DEV branch symptom.

Thanks for checking out UC everyone. I appreciate all of the kind comments and especially appreciate njmatrix setting up a dedicated server to run it. I hope it gets plenty of traffic.

@griffz

I am aware of the stuck issue regarding ai and have implemented code to try to address it. In the end it's something that BIS will need to fix, but I'm pretty sure it's really low on the priority list as it never did get fixed for A2. As far as AI bugs go, I just tell them where to go and do the best I can to find ways to mitigate the bugs. The rest is on BIS. I'm sure as time goes by they will fix some of the problems (crosses fingers).

Cheers :D

ha , and one thing, i always ended fight in very very dense foggy condition. i reduced it myself in your weather preset, i think you could add "static" weather pattern too?

Edited by griffz

Hi TVig I'm going to try this mission with my clanmates tonight, but is there a way to understand all the parameters?

What mean:

Use Bases

Auto Man Vehicles

Assault Group Size (AI)

defense Group per zone

Defense Group Size (AI)

Player Gruop Size

Civilian Group Size

Ok I'm going by trail and errors, but with 10 ppl on TS they want just to play; it is difficult to understand all the parameters alone in the server.. Did you write a readme that I miss (i downloaded this "Urban Conquest A3 v1.00a.zip") or did you write something in forum, i've quickly read all 23 pages but i found nothing..

TNX

Edited by DuM3D0

Hi TVig I'm going to try this mission with my clanmates tonight, but is there a way to understand all the parameters?

What mean:

Use Bases

Auto Man Vehicles

Assault Group Size (AI)

defense Group per zone

Defense Group Size (AI)

Player Gruop Size

Civilian Group Size

Ok I'm going by trail and errors, but with 10 ppl on TS they want just to play; it is difficult to understand all the parameters alone in the server.. Did you write a readme that I miss (i downloaded this "Urban Conquest A3 v1.00a.zip") or did you write something in forum, i've quickly read all 23 pages but i found nothing..

TNX

Sorry. I didn't realize anyone posted in this thread. I've changed quite a few things and decided to give this set of mission a new name, but I haven't released any of it yet. I made this video for you to explain the params. It pertains to the newer version, but is still relevant to the version you are playing.

Hope this helps.

Hello all. I've been slowly working on this, mainly playing it. More in A2 than A3, but I managed to port it over and get it running pretty smooth. I will be changing the name of this entire project to Total Conquest since it has grown outside of the scope of urban combat. None the less, I've incorporated some different modes and options in the params to make it much more customizable and managed to put together a pretty decent advance and secure type of mechanic. I plan to put out a template with video instructions on how to put together your own layouts, which only takes about 15 minutes once you know what to do. More on this to come. For now, I wanted to share a sample of the AAS style gameplay that can be achieved with this mission now.

Oh... and here's the new graphic for it...

q6wttojjclt3cft4g.jpg

And the download link for the sample mission. The code is pretty well final as I've been getting it ironed out for quite some time now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oupil9m8r84b1i8/SC48TC100_AAS_Paros_Storm.Altis.pbo

Please let me know if you have any problems with the link as I've not used Drop Box much in the past so I'm not sure if I've done things right with it.

Cheers:D

TOTAL CONQUEST

by tvig0r0us

Current version: 1.01

q6wttojjclt3cft4g.jpg

Instability has finally erupted into an all out battle for control where all sides come ready to fight and scorched earth is a viable option. It's up to you to pull together a team and lead them to the ultimate victory... TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF THE ENEMY! With total freedom, how you approach your mission is entirely up to you. Take control of any vehicle, recruit soldiers or go it alone, there are no rules other than get it done. Total Conquest is a fast paced, action packed engagement where the enemy could be lurking around any corner, so watch your back and stay frosty soldier.

My Steam workshop:

Download Links:

Total Conquest Katalaki Bay v1.01

Total Conquest Dionysios Bay v1.01

Features:

- Totally dynamic combat

- Instant action

- Selectable soldier count, vehicle count, vehicle types, AI skill, fire-team size, starting time, weather, quick start option...

- Selectable spawn points

- Selectable soldier class or random selection

- Totally independent AI

- Recruitable AI

- Drive any vehicle

- Complete mulitplayer compatibility with up to 12 players(subject to change)

- Join other player groups

- Random Environment

What do the markers on the map mean???

Blue = West CP - totally controlled by the west with no enemies in the area

Red = East CP - totally controlled by the east with no enemies in the area

White = Neutral CP - controlled by no one with no troops of any kind in the area

Yellow = Contested CP - this means that there are multiple teams in the area fighting for control of the CP

Black dot in the middle of a zone indicates that the zone is able to spawn in troops.

Spawns only occur at control points that are controlled by the corresponding team and contain buildings that report room positions... if a CP is contested, no spawning will occur there until one of the teams takes control of the point. In the event that all of the buildings (possible spawn positions) in a zone are too damaged or destroyed it will be removed from the spawn point pool but will remain a capture point. A winner is decided when a team reaches the set score limit, the time limit is reached (high scoring team wins) or only one team is left with zones on the map. If your team has no control points with valid spawn postitions when you die, you will be automatically switched to the remaining team with the least amount of control points and carry on the battle with that team. This does not necessarily mean your original team is completely out of the game. If there were troops alive from your original team they can still take control of a CP, and if they do, you will be moved back to that team when you respawn.

Total Conquest layouts now cover a much larger area of the map than past Urban Conquest layouts and contain between 30-40 total capture points. Depending on the scope you choose in the parameters, the layout of the mission will be randomly selected from the points in the layout providing for a different layout every time you play. The parameters allow you to tweak the mission enormously and can be tailored to suit any kind of game play. I'll try to get something together that better explains all of the parameters as well as creating presets to ease the process.

To do list:

- Add some kind of ammo crate system

- Try to get AI groups to use vehicles with cargo slots for transport and deployment in target zones

- Create presets for game modes for easier administration

- More map layouts (including custom maps)

v1.01 changes

- Added defense for all zones. Attacking groups will now peel off of attack to cover undefended or under defended zones.

- Player can now dismiss soldiers to defend zones

- Can now switch to vehicle (will move to driver position)

- Player can now spawn to group in owned zones

- Player can force respawn

- When original team looses all zones the player will be moved to another team on respawn, but if the original side regains a zone they will be returned to that team.

- Vehicles now stay to defend zones until defenses arrive (on some occasions they will dismount and assume defense)

- Weather now selectable and synchronized across clients and JIP

- Layout is now dynamic with size of mission selectable in parameters. The layout chooses random points from a pool creating a completely different layout every time (tons of possible layouts in one mission)

- Several options for game style (Conquest with quickstart, conquest with single starting point, advance and secure, domination). Requires complete tweaking of parameters.

- Updated vehicles

v1.00 changes

- Added TAW view distance script (special thanks to Tonic for his outstanding work)

- Updated vehicle spawning scripts and logics to handle the A3 way of doing things

- Adjusted player group leader task update (still need feedback as to whether this works right)

v009 changes

- Runs in stable branch

- Added all new vehicles to be up to date with Arma 3 v1.**

- Code optimizations across the board

- Code fixes for newly implemented debug messages (thanks BIS)

- Fixed player joining player team will rejoin player if alive after respawn

- Added player leader sets target zone will update for any players belonging to that group (needs testing, please post if not working)

- Reworked the way patrols are delved out for defenders and in contested zones

- Reworked vehicle spawning selection to utilize less cpu

- All default parameter settings adhere to the original Urban Conquest concept and are optimized for best performance. The more you turn on the worse it will run, don't write me whining about it if you turn on every bell and whistle.

v008 changes

- Added a base type of system where only some points will be spawn and starting points if active

- Color coded score interface

- Changed the scoring system to fit better with a traditional conquest type scoring system

- Updated to Arma 3 beta units

- Many many tweaks and fixes.... too many to list

v007 changes

- 007 was still alpha and made many changes, but was never released due to rl and the approach of the beta

v006 changes

- many optimizations

- fixed vehicle commandeer script allowing commandeer of a player controlled vehicle

- added irregular zone sizes and shapes

- removed depreciated cp size from parameters

- added tasking for each zone

- added zone names

- removed arrow objects for vehicle spawns

- changed all map layouts for new irregular zones

v005 changes

- Uses DEV version of Arma 3 alpha

- Added coherent class names in selection screen

- Option to disable zone defenders, zones will remain under control of last occupying team

- Updated description.ext to work with arma 3 loading screen and added overview.html

Parameters tutorial video

Tis is an older video, but covers a good number of the current params... will update soon!

This mission was built from the ground up with the use of no preconfigured modules and very very little borrowed code. If you should decide to modify any of my code, do not come to me and ask me to fix it.

If you happen to run into any issues at all, please report them so I can fix them!!! Thanks and enjoy :)

Cheers:D

Hey tvig ! Nice work mate, downloading now. Conquest was one of my main testbeds for bCombat testing.

Yes great mission nice to see an update!!

Edit:

Got it sorted

Cheers,

Nige

Edited by FPSNige

@FPSNige- Sorry, I had no idea anyone had posted to this thread. I have been too busy messing around with OFDR lately and just haven't been paying any attention to the old ARMA. I hope you are enjoying the mission. Maybe some day I'll come back around to ARMA and post the newer versions of this.

Hello all,

I know it's been a long long time since there has been any activity on this thread, but I've been pecking and it's time to dust this thing off. I'm really enjoying Tanoa and APEX in general. The smaller islands on the map lend themselves perfectly to the Total Conquest mission style. Not too big, not too small and a very nice distribution of locations to set up a well balanced mission with the "Battlefield" type mechanics of Total Conquest. That being said, I've got a single map layout together and have changed some things up in the code that I think are a great improvement on the mission mechanics. Namely, vehicle spawning code and the addition of UAVs that you can switch to and control in mid flight.

I still have several things that I would like to tidy up before I share, but if you've given these missions a go in the past and enjoyed them, I really think you will have a blast with what I've been working on. I know I am. If anyone has any interest in testing, feel free to pm me and I'll shoot you a link to something you can try out. As with Arma 2, I'm really happy with all of the improvements BI has made over time. Keep up the great work!!

Good to see you back here mate!  I still play Total Conquest now and again to test out AI mods :)

Happy to help test.

I'd love to see a version of this using RHS units, that would be like a perfect modern day cold war type scenario!!!

I'd love to see a version of this using RHS units, that would be like a perfect modern day cold war type scenario!!!

I'll be putting it up for an unmodded A3, but I'll probably drop a zip of the mission directory out there too. The code is all set to accept mod factions, you just drop the units/vehicles you want in the game near the markers in the ocean. When I post I'll give some instructions.

--tvig

Here's a little test version for those of you that are interested. When I say test, I don't mean it's missing features or anything like that. In fact, it's very very functional and IMHO extremely fun. Let me know what you think.

Tanoa - Left Island Test

I also added the link to the op with a couple of change notes. Please let me know if you have trouble with the download. I may need to find another host.

Thanks!

--tvig

• Like 1

Trying to get this to work on a dedi server mate, but it is resisting :)  Won't show the unit selection.

Seems to work fine on a local host, but I want the oomph of a dedi.

Trying to get this to work on a dedi server mate, but it is resisting :)  Won't show the unit selection.

Seems to work fine on a local host, but I want the oomph of a dedi.

Thanks for giving it a go. Strange that it won't work on a dedicated server. I fear that the sqm file may have been corrupted somehow. I was messing with some tweaks the other day and some of the units in the game were not being recognized by nearestObjects. I replaced them and everything worked, but I'm not sure what the issue stemmed from I'll be posting a small update soon and will try to test it on a dedi before letting it fly. Many thanks krem!

--tvig

Here's a little test version for those of you that are interested. When I say test, I don't mean it's missing features or anything like that. In fact, it's very very functional and IMHO extremely fun. Let me know what you think.

Tanoa - Left Island Test

I also added the link to the op with a couple of change notes. Please let me know if you have trouble with the download. I may need to find another host.

Thanks!

--tvig

Can we see a altis version plz???

There was a couple of Altis versions, but the first post is now Tanoa only for some reason.