Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

Build 631 available now!

http://play.withsix.com/changelog

We'll address the rest of the issues/requests next days, we expect to go stable by Wednesday or Thursday.

We expect to probably release another build in a week or so, and although we want to get back to continues integration and release,

we'll be focusing on PwS 2.0 and the Dedicated Server and Repository tools shortly after.

Edited by Sickboy

Greetings,

Could you kindly put a link in your sig or perhaps your first post for Six Updater.

I've having a terrible time trying to track it down.

Thanks.

There's a bit of an issue with the Wrong Version: Game setting, in that it's shared between ArmA2 and ArmA3. I need to use it for A3, both to hide servers that are running Dev when I have Stable or vice-versa and also to hide A2 servers that are marked as Favourites, which shouldn't really be displayed in the A3 mode but they are without this ticked. However, when I switch to A2, this setting causes a lot of A2 servers to not be visible, even though there's no problem playing on servers running the stable if I have the beta and so I have to untick it.

So this setting needs to be made separate and remembered for the A2 and A3 modes.

We're very near deploying the withSIX eco-system 2.0, stay tuned next days for more awesome announcements!

The latest Play withSIX v1.5 BETA build (639) is now available, currently only for manual download. (Extract and use from a separate folder, do not overwrite the official stable files)

20uzxnc_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

This should be one of the last beta builds of Play withSIX v1.5

Highlights

• Much improved styling and theming
  • Categorization for mod library items

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Just the be sure: Can I remove the previous oficial versions and use just this beta one?

really sitting on the edge of seat for the auto updates to be returned so content and addons are added :)

good job SB

Something's messed up with 639 here.

On ArmA3, it doesn't show any mods or missions anymore and just says "Syncing" on the Launch button.

If I switch to A2CO, it shows stuff under Mods for that, Favourites, Collections, etc but that's messed up to and the Favourites, which are modsets like ACE, etc, are each under individual categories, which keep changing each time I switch to A2CO, currently four under Unknown and 1 under Local. Featured is doing the same but currently shows nothing at all under it.

It's also crashing loads, something to do with API data.

Thanks dove, jumping with both feet into the PwS 1.5 release now, we've had to divert time and efforts elsewhere past days :)

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Btw, with crashing due to API you are referring to just a warning dialog right, not an actual crash?

Thanks dove, jumping with both feet into the PwS 1.5 release now, we've had to divert time and efforts elsewhere past days :)

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Btw, with crashing due to API you are referring to just a warning dialog right, not an actual crash?

Yep, most of the time it's just been a dialog and PwS has stayed open but I've had a few actual crashes as well, although I couldn't say if a dialog referring to API opened before those, so they may be a different issue.

~S~

I'm using Play With Six and really like it. But to me it seems like a lot of the mods are not added to the mod list and are missing. So every time there is comming a update to for example "NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons" http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912 and JARHEAD´s Soundmod I have to do it the old manuel way. Not a problem to me personally, but a lot in our squat miss the updates a lot of the times and or doing it the wrong way.

My question is. Will they and a lot more be added in near future?

Thanks for great mod and launcher tool.

Otto

Yep, most of the time it's just been a dialog and PwS has stayed open but I've had a few actual crashes as well, although I couldn't say if a dialog referring to API opened before those, so they may be a different issue.

Thanks!

~S~

I'm using Play With Six and really like it. But to me it seems like a lot of the mods are not added to the mod list and are missing. So every time there is comming a update to for example "NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons" http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912 and JARHEAD´s Soundmod I have to do it the old manuel way. Not a problem to me personally, but a lot in our squat miss the updates a lot of the times and or doing it the wrong way.

My question is. Will they and a lot more be added in near future?

Thanks for great mod and launcher tool.

Otto

Hey Otto, thank you for your kind words. We apologize for the lack of content updates recently but this should be considered 'silence before the storm',

we're doing major upgrades across the eco system, one of them is improving adding of content, making publishing available for authors themselves is also in progress.

Please stay tuned coming days for some major releases and improvements.

So Does this work with ARMA 3 ? Because I uninstalled and installed the latest from your website (very confusing and spammy BTW with all the fake download Malware buttons) .

All I can see is Arma 2 CO and DAYZ. I have Arma 3 installed from stream and it works fine.

Click the game icon to get to the games list. (basic guide at: http://play.withsix.com/thankyou)

You're probably best off grabbing the latest beta though; http://play.withsix.com/posts/102-play-withsix-1-5-beta-build-639

It is nearly ready as stable release.

Regarding the web site; we're replacing it very soon.

Edited by Sickboy

The ARMA 3 icon is not showing up so I cannot click on the icon? Only Arma 2 CO and Dayz . Possibly it's not reading the folder? How to adjust. To be honest the whole layout and User Interface is beyond logical reason or sensibility. It just needs a total ground up redesign. I say this with all respect due, and I truly appreciate all the hard work you put in, far surpassing BI's professional efforts at a multiplayer / mod interface. IMO they should hire you to do the in-game multiplayer launcher :)

I can't get my custom repo to be display in the navigate bar.

It's display under Arma 3 (i get the image) But it doesn't appear anywhere

pws://atmarma.fr/repository/server.yml

The new update look nice, but seems less user friendly than previously. I'm afraid for my less able member.

I'm looking forward for the V2

I can't get my custom repo to be display in the navigate bar.

It's display under Arma 3 (i get the image) But it doesn't appear anywhere

pws://atmarma.fr/repository/server.yml

That's because you've specified an invalid game id "Arma3" for the server, see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit for the list of available game ids.

I will however probably add support for that notation as well in the next beta build.

The new update look nice, but seems less user friendly than previously. I'm afraid for my less able member.

I'm looking forward for the V2

Let us know how you feel it can be improved, e.g how is it exactly less user friendly, and we will of course try to improve it for your needs.

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

The ARMA 3 icon is not showing up so I cannot click on the icon? Only Arma 2 CO and Dayz . Possibly it's not reading the folder? How to adjust. To be honest the whole layout and User Interface is beyond logical reason or sensibility. It just needs a total ground up redesign. I say this with all respect due, and I truly appreciate all the hard work you put in, far surpassing BI's professional efforts at a multiplayer / mod interface. IMO they should hire you to do the in-game multiplayer launcher :)

(Click images to enlarge)

So this is how it probably looks?

27y33iq_thumb.png

Then this is where you need to click to select games:

2md1nap_thumb.png

And this is where you need to click to select mods:

vevgr7_thumb.png

And finally, for servers: (Or Maximized, grid mode)

suys9i_thumb.png | xmo39s_thumb.png

1, 2, 3; pretty much as described at: http://play.withsix.com/thankyou :)

If you run into issues, make sure there's no external utilities interfering: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/graphics_related_utilities_can_cause_graphical_corruption_crash_on_startup_or_performance_issues

Also make sure you're not in 'Lockdown' mode on some mod, or indeed you won't be able to select other games/mods :)

In any case we welcome any feedback, suggestions and reports :) http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/

Edited by Sickboy

Okay i successfully fetch it in the Beta, but in order to be display under Repository I have to restart PWS (same goes for United Operations REPO)

And I have a few suggestion:

I liked the idea of The Preset in the previous version (I think it's called Collections now) so It'll be great if config.yml became the repository:

Under "SIX networks" you get 1 big file called "Repository Name" with every MOD available in this repo.

And you can Drag & Drop these mod into a Collection fetch by Server.yml

And in this collection you can easily see, Activate/Deactive (check box) every mod you want.

Moreover regarding the Optional Mod:

I never successfully understand how it was working. But It could be nice if when fetching Server.yml you get Required Mod locked (like before),

and in the same time optional Mod but Disable (Uncheck).

thanks for your help, with your diagrams I was able to find Arma 3 servers.

in the beta, I could not find the new addons, mods listed? neither any updates for addons that are already on there :(

Thanks!

Hey Otto, thank you for your kind words. We apologize for the lack of content updates recently but this should be considered 'silence before the storm',

we're doing major upgrades across the eco system, one of them is improving adding of content, making publishing available for authors themselves is also in progress.

Please stay tuned coming days for some major releases and improvements.

Hey Sickboy

Thanks for your great answer. Appreciates your PWS and look forward to your update.

sincerely,

Otto

Better late than never, now that this thread is available for posting again ;-)

Latest build available! Planning on v1.5 stable release coming Wednesday, please if you find any issues, now is the time!

(Posting to A3 thread once it's been dispatched from the closed A3 beta forum :p)

Original Post

The latest Play withSIX v1.5 BETA build (655) is now available, currently only for manual download. (Extract and use from a separate folder, do not overwrite the official stable files)

http://i42.tinypic.com/20uzxnc_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

This should be one of the last beta builds of Play withSIX v1.5

Highlights

• Many bug fixes and small improvements

Many more big and small improvements, Check the full changelog for details.

In case of feedback or issues, please let us know.

Planning on stable 1.5 release tomorrow evening, thank you all for your feedback and testing so far,

feedback and bug reports still very welcome to be included in the release tomorrow... so please let us know if you run into anything, thanks!

Great news, Sickboy. Got kinda annoyed I couldn't post anything in this thread, as I was having some PWS repo issues. Fixed them myself anyway now.

looks like your beta build has lots of new toys, so I await tomorrow's stable version release eagerly to see what's available. Will let you know how I get on. Any word from the ACRE team yet? Or ACE for that matter!

Probably final beta build before tonight's stable release! Starting to get rather exciting!

Build 661 Changelog

Added: Game specific server filters

Added: Local Mod folders realtime auto refresh

Added: Mods now show dependencies when selected

Fixed: Changing startup type for external apps, changed it for every app

Fixed: Many context menu entries

Fixed: Realtime updating of collection names

Fixed: SelfUpdater exception posssible when auto updating

Fixed: SelfUpdater could not display exception or retry dialogs

Fixed: Tooltips for library item with children

Other: Added more 'Featured' mods

Other: Disabled categorization for local mods

Other: Improved context menu headers

Other: Improved offline mode and internet detection

Other: Improved reliability of Library

Other: Improved sub menus

Other: Library item children count now visible even if name is too long

Other: Uninstall now also uninstalls relevant Synq data where applicable

@zach; thanks mate, already sorted in the 1.5 :)

Edited by Sickboy

2m4f4mv.jpg

Finally we can share the new version of Play withSIX with you!

It's been a while since the latest stable release, with over 3 months of hard work on significant improvements.

Arma 3 just got released and you are probably eager to get your hands on the latest and greatest content available. Rejoice we've got you covered and just made that even easier than before!

Read the full post at our blog!

Available for you to download and enjoy, auto update from old version follows next weeks.

(Portable installation; Just download to your desktop or downloads folder, and run it right there)

Edited by Sickboy

great news! thank you :)

I used to be able to choose which mods to run from my collection (V next to the mod's name). I don't see it now- was it removed?