Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

I have created a custom repo and the mods check out fine except when it comes to the local mods.

It comes up with this error -

Hi, the URL is wrong, you have your repo at /6urepo, not at /6uRepo

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Question: what is it, exactly, that makes PwS recognize an addon folder? I've had a couple of addon folders that I've put in my A3 folder but then PwS doesn't "see" them in the "Local" section. Anything I can do to make them seen?

Two addons off the top of my head are McNools Tier 1 and JSRS (since AiA supposedly supports it now). I think I've found one or two more, but they were addons specifically identified by the maker as not to be used in A3 (like Lingor/Dingor), so I didn't bother trying to push the matter.

Local modfolders are only detected if they do not have a matching online mod variant on our network, otherwise you can find the mod in the online collection,

and they will be installed to the Mod installation path set for each game.

By default this installation path is in user space, my documents usually, as you don't need administrator rights to install mods then.

In the upcoming new release of Play withSIX all this should be much improved and you should be able to load (local) mods from virtually any location.

We expect to release betas for this and next week on Wednesdays and then a Stable release the Wednesday after.

We're also working on the next generation of Play withSIX in the meantime,

addressing feedback and requests we've received about the current generation.

We hope to reveal it near the end of next month, some truelly exciting times ahead :)

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy,

I'm having a weird problem with PwS and the ArmA3 profiles.

It only offers me a choice of Default for Name. I've got a My Documents\ArmA 3 folder with Main and doveman profiles in and a My Documents\ArmA 3 - Other Profiles folder with a doveman subfolder containing the doveman profile files (.Arma3profile and .vars.Arma3profile). I in fact copied these two files to My Documents\Arma 3 to see if that would get PwS to allow me to select the profile.

I don't really understand how ArmA uses these two different folders. For ArmA2, which PwS is working with fine, I have a My Documents\ArmA 2 folder with the profile files for Main (which was the Windows account name I used) and a My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles folder with doveman and Main subfolders. The doveman subfolder contains the profile files as well as Campaigns, missions, MPMissions, Saved and UserSaved subfolders, whilst the Main subfolder only contains the profile files.

I'm not clear if I was running with the Main account, whether it would create these Missions, Saved, etc subfolders in My Documents\Arma 2 or My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles.

For ArmA2, PwS lets me select Default, Main, doveman and another Main, so I presume it's treating the Main in My Documents\ArmA 2 and the one in My Documents\ Arma 2 Other Profiles\Main as two separate profiles, so if I was running with the former, it wouldn't actually use the latter folder to store the Missions, Saved, etc subfolders.

[/color]Local modfolders are only detected if they do not have a matching online mod variant on our network, otherwise you can find the mod in the online collection,

and they will be installed to the Mod installation path set for each game.

By default this installation path is in user space, my documents usually, as you don't need administrator rights to install mods then.

In the upcoming new release of Play withSIX all this should be much improved and you should be able to load (local) mods from virtually any location.

We expect to release betas for this and next week on Wednesdays and then a Stable release the Wednesday after.

We're also working on the next generation of Play withSIX in the meantime,

addressing feedback and requests we've received about the current generation.

We hope to reveal it near the end of next month, some truelly exciting times ahead :)

Ahh, okay, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

Sickboy,

I'm having a weird problem with PwS and the ArmA3 profiles.

It only offers me a choice of Default for Name. I've got a My Documents\ArmA 3 folder with Main and doveman profiles in and a My Documents\ArmA 3 - Other Profiles folder with a doveman subfolder containing the doveman profile files (.Arma3profile and .vars.Arma3profile). I in fact copied these two files to My Documents\Arma 3 to see if that would get PwS to allow me to select the profile.

I don't really understand how ArmA uses these two different folders. For ArmA2, which PwS is working with fine, I have a My Documents\ArmA 2 folder with the profile files for Main (which was the Windows account name I used) and a My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles folder with doveman and Main subfolders. The doveman subfolder contains the profile files as well as Campaigns, missions, MPMissions, Saved and UserSaved subfolders, whilst the Main subfolder only contains the profile files.

I'm not clear if I was running with the Main account, whether it would create these Missions, Saved, etc subfolders in My Documents\Arma 2 or My Documents\Arma 2 Other Profiles.

For ArmA2, PwS lets me select Default, Main, doveman and another Main, so I presume it's treating the Main in My Documents\ArmA 2 and the one in My Documents\ Arma 2 Other Profiles\Main as two separate profiles, so if I was running with the former, it wouldn't actually use the latter folder to store the Missions, Saved, etc subfolders.

Hey dove!

The way the profile folders work is as follows:

The default player profile which is named equal to your Windows account is located in the ARMA 2 (or 3) folder, any other additional profiles are located in the ARMA 2 (/3) Other Profiles folder.

"Default" in PwS should mean the same as "Unspecified", this should leave the profile selection up to the game (stored in registry).

Since the A3 Beta, "Alpha" was dropped from the folder names etc, support for this is available currently in the PwS Beta Preview releases only,

another beta is expected today, one next week, and then the stable the week after.

Should a dedicated server run this as well? That away it keeps its mods updated as well?

I am trying to manually install the latest version of Play withSix beta preview build 549 and I cannot find or run the installer correctly.

I also attempted to use the auto-update in my stable build of Play withSix and it will not update to beta build (355), and I do have receive beta updates checked in the settings.

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to manually install the latest version of Play withSix beta preview build 549 and I cannot find or run the installer correctly.

I also attempted to use the auto-update in my stable build of Play withSix and it will not update to beta build (355), and I do have receive beta updates checked in the settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have .NET Framework 4.5? :j: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653

I understand that ACE 2 is not explicitly supported in A3, but I've seen people say that they're using it in A3 with no major issues. That said, using PwS, how do I get it to load ACEX_RU and ACEX_Navy into A3? Both do not show up in the "Local" option if I just copy it over, and I can't get PwS to download it in the A3 portion of the application (works fine in the A2 section). I'm sure I'm missing something, but alas, I can't figure it out.

What happened to SU? Why so many damn annoying flash ads (that also crash the freshest flash player and force me to dismiss errors in every mod window) and the need to wait and accept license for every mod and the server profile I use has literally 30 of them.

It's extremely annoying especially considering 3/4 of those mods have no license text at all. What happened to usability?

Please try making money with something else, don't sacrifice SU comfort for this. And put all licenses into one window with a scrollbar.

What happened to SU?

I agree. I find PWS to be far more confusing to use than SU. SU 2.9.7 can still be found HERE (direct link to download). Works great for both Arma 2 and Arma 3.

SU is still available on the www.six-updater.net download page as always.

License handling in PwS is much improved already in the latest Beta version and will be much more so in the next public release.

We also have a much improved mod library nearly ready for release, giving back some power like in SU.

We're also working on a major UI update which should address most of the issues with PwS.

Good to know, Sick - I'm a Six Updater fanboy, so it pains me that PWS is (for me) currently unusable. Looking forward to the update.

Good to know, Sick - I'm a Six Updater fanboy, so it pains me that PWS is (for me) currently unusable. Looking forward to the update.

Same here! +1 Looking forward to wanting to change over to PwS

when will PWS be updated with more addons and etc for arma 3?

there is quite a few decent addons out now :)

also when will the "unknown" addons be sorted into categories?

thank you

I have installed play with six and I can launch Arma 3 etc. but I it uses default keybinds for some reason.

Any idea where my existing config is and how I can get PWS to use it?

Cheers

dont not download this shit... it just tried to give my cpu a virus, which my anti prog caught before it inhaled inside my comp. THIS PROG IS SHIT, DONT DOWNLOAD IT

dont not download this shit... it just tried to give my cpu a virus, which my anti prog caught before it inhaled inside my comp. THIS PROG IS SHIT, DONT DOWNLOAD IT
It sounds like you didn't download the actual program, to make sure: http://play.withsix.com/download

download starts automatically in 5 seconds.

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

when will PWS be updated with more addons and etc for arma 3?

there is quite a few decent addons out now :)

also when will the "unknown" addons be sorted into categories?

thank you

We'll get on it asap, first completing a migration and deploying new build soon.

---------- Post added at 18:24 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

I have installed play with six and I can launch Arma 3 etc. but I it uses default keybinds for some reason.

Any idea where my existing config is and how I can get PWS to use it?

Cheers

This is solved in the latest separate betas (http://play.withsix.com/posts) but not yet deployed to the official beta or stable channels, next days hopefully. Edited by Sickboy

--

ProTip: Check your facts before you create an account to commit libel.

Everytime I try to launch Play withSix, it starts up and then Windows says the program is no longer responding and closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is there anyway I can figure out what is causing this? Please help I really want to play Arma 2 and 3. Thanks!

Everytime I try to launch Play withSix, it starts up and then Windows says the program is no longer responding and closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 3 times and nothing seems to fix the issue. Is there anyway I can figure out what is causing this? Please help I really want to play Arma 2 and 3. Thanks!

Here should be a list with most common issues causing CTD's: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/graphics_related_utilities_can_cause_graphical_corruption_crash_on_startup_or_performance_issues

If none apply, please post error information and preferably screenshots, thanks!

I understand that you are focusing on the future, but I am having an issue launching A3 with SU now.

Cannot find game exe: E:/Steam/steamapps/common/Arma 3/beta/arma3.exe

It seems that the executable's location is no longer ".../Arma 3/beta/arma3.exe", but simply ".../Arma 3/arma3.exe".

Every time I try to redirect SU to the new location, it immediately reverts. Any chance of a hotfix for this? Thanks!

I understand that you are focusing on the future, but I am having an issue launching A3 with SU now.

It seems that the executable's location is no longer ".../Arma 3/beta/arma3.exe", but simply ".../Arma 3/arma3.exe".

Every time I try to redirect SU to the new location, it immediately reverts. Any chance of a hotfix for this? Thanks!

Try disabling the 'Beta' override checkbox on both the Home tab and the Game Profile tab.

Here should be a list with most common issues causing CTD's: http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix/topics/graphics_related_utilities_can_cause_graphical_corruption_crash_on_startup_or_performance_issues

If none apply, please post error information and preferably screenshots, thanks!

None of these apply. What happens is, when I launch it, it starts up fine and runs for maybe 15-20 secs loads the program and then its says this: http://puu.sh/3X2VX.jpg

It happens everytime and makes the program unusable. I have even tried launching the outdated Six Updater and the same thing happens. Now when I try running Arma 2: OA it crashes and won't work. So I can not play it.

Try disabling the 'Beta' override checkbox on both the Home tab and the Game Profile tab.

Oh, wow. Thought that was just for the A2 expansion beta. All set, thank you!