Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

C47

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Help......................... Im lost..........

Wheres that download? it doesn't have a link on the news page, download page or "C47" page..........

confused.gifconfused.gif

Some of the textures aren't displaying for me - the pilots cockpit instruments and most of the passenger seating are just grey.

Also, was the C47 really that big? In the game it's bigger than an apartment block. It's also extremely difficult to steer when on the ground.

Sorry to moan. It looks great from the outside. Good work. smile.gif

oooooooo ok, it just came up when I refreshed it then..... looks good. WELL DONE!!!!!!!

Im gunna try it out now.

hmmm, I like it, its really good. But with me some textures (pilots controls, seats in back) don't work.

Also, maybe it is a tad bit big. But otherwise, VERY WELL DONE, its very very good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a feeling that the release today is not going to be a whole lot better unless he "did a Keg"<span id='postcolor'>

Woah, looks like he has "done a Keg"!!

Very nice addon Marcel. And it's good to know there's the German JU-52 coming also quite soon.

ok these thing can land on their own, ive been testing and ejecting their pilots as soon as the preview starts and the c-47's will go on forever and as long as it doesnt hit sea/mountain it will land safely...

damn i overlooked the part about the missile! wow.gif o well.

btw, does anyone hav a texture prob wit the c47 that the seats and cockpit inside are untextured? in the pics one his page it shows the inside fully textured.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ July 12 2002,04:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">damn i overlooked the part about the missile!  wow.gif  o well.

btw, does anyone hav a texture prob wit the c47 that the seats and cockpit inside are untextured? in the pics one his page it shows the inside fully textured.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I got that problem...but worse then that, the damn thing is unflyable. Marcel...no offense but you should release a warning about the thing or something. That problem with it's ability to turn tightly has already been solved by Konyak and the fix is also used by Adammo in his C130 or so last I heard. Please consult with one of them to fix the turning ratio of your C47 so that it is flyable and so the AI doesn't smash into hillsides. I can't even do a parachute mission because the Ai pilot crashes before we can get to the drop zone....not good. The outside textures look damn good, the insides of coarse need to be finished (and also some of the passengers are sitting badly on the benches that needs to be fixed) but most importantly...the airplane needs to be able to fly properly. If it can't stay airborne long enough to reach a drop point then it's not worth much. It also should be able to take off properly an turn properly. Hopefully the other modmakers I mentioned will be kind enough to provide you with the cpp scripts needed to fix the problem with the turning ability of the airplane. But nevertheless this addon is a good beginning and shows plenty of promise of being an amazing addon. smile.gif Keep working hard at it...and try to finish this one before getting bogged down in your other addons (although I know that's tempting).

Oh...by the way...any chance that your WWII weapons will be "Oxygenized" so that their LOD's will be fixed correctly so that they won't turn into Ak's or M21's past 10 meters?

It's frustrating because your weapon models (pre-Oxygen) are so damn good and the sounds are spot on perfect, but it really sucks when they their textures revert to their original model at more then a few feet in distance from me. sad.gif

I hope that after you get the C47 flying smoothly that maybe you'll get those U.S./German weapons upgraded so that their are no texture problems! That would be awesome!

Best of luck,

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This is the bugs I have expirend

I have tested this in resistance

The cockpit is fucked up and the cargo is missing textures

The propeller is still not fixed

You cant pull the gear up because there is no commando for it

It doenst stand still

Way to easy to take off

The sound isnt the greatest

I tested the DKM mod mdats on it and it just shoot thourgh the plane.

I tried to hit the wing on the ground and it just took abit damage so you better change the damage system.

When you ride in back it looks retard the legs are in the seat and it seems that you sit to low.

The cockpit is not great at all. Missing alot of stuff. And when you ride in back the first one who mounts the c-47 should sit next to the pilot.

And if you look at the window the glasses seems fucked up. And if you first looks outside the plane the glass looks small and if you look inside the glasses looks to big. So that doesnt fits together.

If you ride in back and look to the left you can see that the pilot chair havent been textured.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CamperKiller @ July 12 2002,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But other than that its good?<span id='postcolor'>

If you could actually turn the plane or if you could actually have the Ai pilots fly it without crashing it would be good...but right now...sadly no. If I can't use it in a paratrooper mission without it crashing it's not worth much to me at any rate. Hopefully he'll get it all fixed up nicely as it has tons of potential and the outside texturing I thought was fairly good.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

the texture problem is fixed, go to marcels site and it will explain on the main page

There is still some textures bugs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 12 2002,19:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its a bit big confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its supposed to be. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 12 2002,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 12 2002,19wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its a bit big confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Its supposed to be. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But THIS big confused.gif

The only thing i don't like is that it carries only 12 soldiers. I would like to paradrop several squads from it sad.gif

Try with put 2 squads in the mission ediotor and give them the command to mount the plane.

The c-130 that desert-mods are making (http://www.opflashpoint.it/desertmod/) is so cool I am a beta-tester so thats why I know. It can carry about 50 troops.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

// UnOfficial C47 Transporter add-on v1.0

// By The WWII Team and Indy (G8 mod)

// some basic defines

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class Mp_C47

{

units[] = {Mp_C47};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.07;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Air: AllVehicles {};

class Plane: Air {};

class A10: Plane {};

class Cessna: A10 {};

class Mp_C47: Cessna

{

scope=public;

side=TWest;

maneuvrability=40.7;

crew = SoldierWPilot;

cargoAction[] = {ManActTruck5tCoDriver,ManActTruck5tCoDriver,ManActCargo};

irScanRange = 2000;

irScanGround = true;

transportSoldier=12;

maxSpeed=250;

soundEngine[]={"\Mp_C47\Mp_C47.wav",db-5,0.6};

displayName="Mp C47";

model="\Mp_C47\c47.p3d";

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

See? transportSoldier=12, so it won't admit more than 12 soldiers. And if you modify that value, bugs will surely appear (like soldiers sitting in the wing and stuff like that).

Well sorry people.

Its very hard oxygen.

O and about the 12 people.

Its because ofp can only have 63 people per side its not good if you have 2 planes whit 30 people in it.

So i made it 12.

O and all the bugs while be gone in the new version!!

I'm making i hole new inside!

here is one pic:

C47_New_Inside.jpg

Greetings Marcel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Marss911 @ July 12 2002,21:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its because ofp can only have 63 people per side its not good if you have 2 planes whit 30 people in it.

So i made it 12.<span id='postcolor'>

63 GROUPS

1 GROUP = 12 MEN

63 GROUPS = 756 MEN

aaaaaaaahhh when will everybody know that confused.gif?, damn

and WHERE did you heard that marss ?